Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

GAA

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:
    dmjn said:
    iainment said:
    siblers said:
    iainment said:
    Kerry just scraped home then😀
    Helps make up for last year's horror show at least 
    True. Now I hope they can get to the point where they can stick it to the Dubs.
    Dubs will be gone before the final 
    Really? I’m a bit out of touch, what’s happened to them? Just age?
    Do you think Kerry will get to the All Ireland Final?
    Age, retirement and fellas stepping away to do other things. They were very lucky not to lose to Meath last weekend despite being well ahead at half time
  • Options
    Joe Canning reported to have retired from inter county hurling.

A massive blow for all neutrals.
  • Options
    Would fancy Dublin to beat Mayo. Dublin side isn't as strong but neither are Mayo. 
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Would fancy Dublin to beat Mayo. Dublin side isn't as strong but neither are Mayo. 
    Kerry to beat mayo in the final for me 
  • Options
    dmjn said:
    siblers said:
    I like the cut of your jib sir.

Up the Kingdom, Ciarrai Abu!!!!
  • Options
    iainment said:
    dmjn said:
    siblers said:
    I like the cut of your jib sir.

Up the Kingdom, Ciarrai Abu!!!!
    I'm from mayo 😂
  • Options
    dmjn said:
    siblers said:
    I reckon if Mayo beat Dublin, they will beat Kerry. I expect a Kerry Dublin final, although I've a bad feeling over the Tyrone game 
  • Options
    siblers said:
    dmjn said:
    siblers said:
    I reckon if Mayo beat Dublin, they will beat Kerry. I expect a Kerry Dublin final, although I've a bad feeling over the Tyrone game 
    I've watched every Dublin game so far this season and I honestly believe they are there for the taking. If they win it this year it will be one of the most impressive ones they've won. Cluxton is a massive loss for them 
  • Options
    Crikey that was some match!

Up the Rebels (for my neighbours obvs) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    siblers said:
    dmjn said:
    siblers said:
    By the sounds of it, there's more than a bad feeling in the Tyrone squad.

It could, very easily, lead to a bye.
  • Options
    Crikey that was some match!

Up the Rebels (for my neighbours obvs) 
    It's a long time since I've seen such a high scoring game with so few goals.
  • Options
    Tyrone reported to have pulled out of the semi-final against Kerry (there've been a number of positive Covid tests in the squad over the last couple of weeks).
  • Options
    Tyrone reported to have pulled out of the semi-final against Kerry (there've been a number of positive Covid tests in the squad over the last couple of weeks).
    Completely? Just giving Kerry a bye?
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Happened to Sligo last year, I did hear that the game was going to be postponed for a week.
  • Options
    Oh well. I’d have preferred winning into the final but at least Kerry’s there.

Ciarrai Abu!!!
  • Options
    iainment said:
    According to the Irish Times, yes, but the GAA might consider rescheduling, that's a very might might though...
  • Options
    Surely Tyrone must have enough players, outside the current panel, to field a team. I’d have thought it better to play the game even with players who’re not in the first team.
  • Options
    Dublin 0-10 Mayo 0-4 at ht.
  • Options
    Mayo back strong in the 2nd half, 13 pts each. Extra time now about to be played.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Dublin are beaten in extra time, black cards cost the dubs, now playing the saw doctors, the green & red of Mayo. Dublin only scored 4 pts in the second half and all of extra time.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Mayo win by 3 points after extra time, 0-17 to 0-14.

Dublin finished two players light after a couple of black cards and were lucky not have received red cards earlier in the game.

To borrow and amend a quote from Australian cricket captain Bill Woodfull during the Bodyline series:

There were two teams out there; one was trying to play football, the other was not.
  • Options
    A bit of luck for Mayo, right at the end of normal time, when the Mayo keeper was kicking a point to equalise, he screws wide, however they still had player on the pitch after making a sub, he put the retake over to save the game.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Surely Tyrone must have enough players, outside the current panel, to field a team. I’d have thought it better to play the game even with players who’re not in the first team.
    For all that they are amateur sportsmen, they are still elite athletes, I'm not sure that an entirely new panel, including probably an entire backroom staff could be constituted and operate coherently so quickly.

If anything, Covid will make it more difficult beyond the current infections, those outside the panel won't have had the same training and playing opportunities that would have been the case in a normal season, and selectors won't have seen as much football as they would like to pick players.

We're just going to have to get behind Mayo, other than the Donaghy family and connections, and hope that they can lift the curse (I know that thought won't please you).  For too long they've been the best team not to have won.
  • Options
    The GAA have announced that Dublin will replace Tyrone next week in the All Ireland semi final match against Kerry.
  • Options
    The GAA have announced that Dublin will replace Tyrone next week in the All Ireland semi final match against Kerry.
    It’s only right so to do.
    😂
  • Options
    Not even in jest 😫😫😫😫😫🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    A bit of luck for Mayo, right at the end of normal time, when the Mayo keeper was kicking a point to equalise, he screws wide, however they still had player on the pitch after making a sub, he put the retake over to save the game.
    I thought it was because there was a Dublin player fouling a Mayo player when the keeper was taking the free? They deserved it anyway after the amount of shite Dublin got away with 
  • Options
    Kerry 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻