Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Johann Berg Gudmundsson signs new 4 year contract +++

Comments

• Options
    This is excellent news indeed, at the very least we should get some decent wedge for him if we sell him.
  • Options
    Excellent news, never in doubt!
  • Options
    Essential signing for us to have a sniff this season. It may only be a mechanism to ensure that we get decent wedge for him in January/next summer but excellent news as I'm sure he had options. Big season for JBG. If he can better last seasons showings he will build a reputation and set himself up for a big move. Happy days.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Wondering if Henry was a back up in case he didnt sign? He also cuts in from the right like JBG. Reams said that a Prem club pulled out of a JBG deal over the weekend leading him to sign this. Maybe thats why our Henry interest may be cooling?

Unless he is the Bulot replacement.
  • Options
    That's bloody ace news, that is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS Luzon out
  • Options
    Massive win for us that. Brilliant news.
  • Options
    *dons naive cap* great news he's definitely here for 4 more years!

In all seriousness though, well done the club for keeping hold of one of the best players in the league.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

he will be shit next season now!!! it is the Charlton way!

you beat me to it - that was my thoughts as soon as I heard the news !!

being serious though - 4 yrs was more than any of us could had hoped for. Things are looking up..............

• Options
  • Options
    cheered me up no end.
  • Options
    Cracking open a beer to celebrate this!!
  • Options
    Great news, great signing.....now lets see who else comes through the door....Do we think this is the BIG signing or is there another surprise about to unfold? Exciting times ahead.....makes me want to put a mankini on and run around!! LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that is amazing news, I really was expecting him to either go or see out his contract. Thanks JBG.
  • Options
    Great news. Let's hope he doesn't do a Parker in January.
  • Options
    best news so far his closed season .. come on you Addicks !!!!
  • Options

agree but if he does at least we will get decent value for him instead of a couple of hundred grand

• Options
    Great news, was convinced he would either be off this summer (sold), or Bosman next summer, so knowing we've got him till at least Jan is a real bonus.

If he has a 2nd season improvement, we've a real player here.
  • Options
    Jesus... Four Years, wasnt expecting that length, was expecting two or three max
  • Options
    Best news!! Great player!
  • Options

agree but if he does at least we will get decent value for him instead of a couple of hundred grand

True but I hope we're a bit more ambitious with that. We should be looking to challenge for the playoffs every season. A long way to go this summer still if we are going to do that. JBG seems to think we can though.