Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++ Johann Berg Gudmundsson signs new 4 year contract +++

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant news.
  • Options
    Goody good gum drops!
  • Options
    So is the deal four years starting now , or four years starting next summer when his initial contract runs out?
  • Options
    Shows the club do have some ambition.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

So is the deal four years starting now , or four years starting next summer when his initial contract runs out?

It'll be starting from now
  • Options
    Great news. I hope that this means that we can now prepare for some quality additions to the squad!
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    Well, there was reported interest from Wolves, wasn't there? Where would you rather be, London or Wolverhampton?
  • Options

Great news. I hope that this means that we can now prepare for some quality additions to the squad!

Don't push it, we've already got Reza coming back....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Average news....

JK, So pleased for both club and player.
  • Options
    Slightly surprised, very pleased.

A real statement of intent.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    Fabulous!!!
  • Options
    This is definitely a statement of intent
  • Options
    Free kicks here we come!
  • Options
    This is great news - but it doesn't strengthen us, simply because we had him last season. What is more promising is what he is saying about the ambition of the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This is great news - but it doesn't strengthen us, simply because we had him last season. What is more promising is what he is saying about the ambition of the club.

Maybe strengthens us in terms of negotiating deals with potential new signings? Probably more likely to sign with someone like Johann on the books
  • Options
    Fantastic
  • Options
    I was convinced that he would be off. I thought he was playing with us with his wait and see approach.

I suspect I owe him an apology as I thought he was just teeing up a good deal elsewhere.

This is great news on so many different levels.
  • Options
    Legend! Now he needs a song sorted once and for all.
  • Options
    Interesting that the contract discussions had been going on for some time
  • Options
    with Yoni gone gotta be a good chance he'll be the regular penalty taker this season
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    cafc-west said:

Some nice tweets from other players congratulating him. Including Callum Harriott:

Congrats on the deal well deserved bro!!! @Gudmundsson7

— Callumharriott (@Cally_messi) July 22, 2015
    There's that shit attitude of Harriott's rearing its ugly head again

EDIT - @ValleyGary presses F5 better than me and beat me to it, I'll get my coat
  • Options
    Good news!
  • Options
    I'm certainly a lot more optimistic than I was a few weeks back. JBG said at the end of last season that he'd wait to see who we signed before committing to a new contract. He's now signed a new, long term contract so must be impressed with who we've bought in/bringing in in the coming days. Can only be a good sign
  • Options
    Great to see such an outstanding player committing his future to Charlton.Excellent news for the club and fans alike.