Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham's Europa League Adventure

Comments

• Options
    Well.......That's that then! :blush:
  • Options

Well.......That's that then! :blush:

What happened, what did I miss?
  • Options
    Bad day for West Ham all things considered. Excellent.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter that they lost. More importantly, did they play 'the west ham way'?
  • Options

A fine evening's work, agents Randolph, Jenkinson and Poyet !!
  • Options
    Dont worry they may be out of the Europa League but they've won the last couple of World Cups so it doesnt matter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont forget Roberts boy as well. They obviously couldn't be arsed looking at the team put out, either that or extreme complacency.
  • Options
    Halix said:

Dont forget Roberts boy as well. They obviously couldn't be arsed looking at the team put out, either that or extreme complacency.

I think they were keeping their better players back so that they could take their turn to lose when they play arsenal. No one likes losing twice in a matter of days to be fair.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I'm torn here. Instinctively I want to see them dumped out of the competition in Romania. However there is a highly valid POV that says, no, let them limp into the group stage, with its burden on fixtures. It will be a great boost in the campaign to see them move into the Olympic as a Championship club. (when of course they get a rent rebate)

@PragueAddick
    I'm not sure - I think a lot of the outrage is because they're a Premier League club, earning God knows how much from TV and hospitality etc and that such a small proportion of their income is going towards the stadium, I actually think it's better for the campaign for them to stay in the Premier League.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    This move really is turning in to a puddle of piss for Poyet. I know we joked about it, but even I couldnt see his career nose diving this quickly. Just shows he is not in the same league as Gomez and maybe is the example that Cousins was looking at.

If he was that good he would be pushing for their first team by now - instead of being used as a filler in embarrassing performances along with all the other players that wont feature in the prem.

EDIT - Actually, reading the KUMB forum, the Hamsters are raving about Poyet and saying he was the stanndout player and ready to step up this year.
  • Options
    Perhaps we can now get that West Ham player on loan"
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    If its Reese Burke, posters on their forum predicting him to start tomorrow.
  • Options
    Total arrogance from West Ham, you would of thought they were someone in Europe when they are just a very average English club in an average league but typical English attitude.
    Thinking Europe damages the league chances is a myth anyway, feel sorry for their fans
  • Options
    Also what sort of football fan would rather go to Arsenal than on a European away day especially if they managed if get to the group stage and draw some nice clubs, would love to go and bet the real west ham fans would too but unfortunately English clubs dot care about fans only money
  • Options
    Arsenal away or Legia,Lech,Paok,Hajduk,Partzian away? Not even a question
  • Options

It doesn't matter that they lost. More importantly, did they play 'the west ham way'?

They played the West Ham way Sunday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Halix said:

I think they were keeping their better players back so that they could take their turn to lose when they play arsenal. No one likes losing twice in a matter of days to be fair.
    Oh dear hahaha
  • Options
    Just lost 2-1 to NK Domzale from Slovenia.
  • Options

Domzale. 12,588. No not the stadium capacity. That is the entire population. The stadium holds 2,813. " On 29 June 2006 the stadium received reflectors, mounted on 4 concrete towers and strategically placed at each corner of the stadium. There are 120 in total, allowing matches to be played in the evening".
  • Options

Domzale. 12,588. No not the stadium capacity. That is the entire population. The stadium holds 2,813. " On 29 June 2006 the stadium received reflectors, mounted on 4 concrete towers and strategically placed at each corner of the stadium. There are 120 in total, allowing matches to be played in the evening".

Clearly must have blinded Adrian....

• Options
    No sign of Diego Poyet even on the Subs Bench yet Josh Cullen who was at Bradford last season was.

Need to get your arse properly in gear lad!!
  • Options
    http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-why-west-hams-first-game-at-the-olympic-stadium-is-not-on-tv-a3312201.html

In the qualifying rounds, the home clubs sell the rights to the games and NK Domzale agreed a deal with BT last week to screen the first leg.

However, West Ham’s game will not be shown. The club claim it is not over fears that spectators could opt to stay at home to watch the match, as previously briefed.

They say they did not receive an offer that was “commercially viable”.

BT insist the match was not made available to them to screen and therefore no bid was made.
  • Options
    They couldn't sell out for their first game and it's not even on TV. Doubt they'd have filled past the bottom tier if it was on the box.

• Options
    Stands are miles from the pitch - stadium will have zero atmosphere.
  • Options
    If you take a look on Twitter some of the views from sections of that stadium are terrible
  • Options
    Give it a while when the initial novelty wears off for the plastic fans and we can all start singing 'our ground's too big for you'