Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friendly Sarfend v' the Addicks match thread 28/7/15

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Luzon was very animated throughout. Surprised me he was even there. Looking at the side he put out I wouldn't mind betting that he was casting a final eye over a few of them before deciding whether to stick or twist.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Still baffled by this youth team thing. These friendlies should surely be about prioritizing the first team with a couple of youth players thrown in maybe. If you want to give the youth players game time then get them out on loan on just organize separate friendlies for them. Its not helping anyone.

Maybe it's helping Luzon and his staff????
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Probably wouldn't of gone if id seen the team at half 5 When we left. Not much to shout about , Kennedy impressed me the most . Pope very shaky with his kicking as mentioned earlier . Harriott offered nothing, like usual , felt sorry for pigott, he looked frustrated as there was no one around him really. He's very good with the ball at his feet though. Reza looked lively for the 20 he was on , gave all the fans a clap at full time.

Hope they didn't clap back. He's all about himself, if he struggles somewhere he cries and wants to move on, if someone doesn't want to play for CAFC as it doesn't suit them at the time then quite frankly I don't want to see them in our colours again. Will be disappointed if he's involved in our first squad this season.
    I have a feeling that Reza will get some game time, if only to put him in the shop window for a future transfer.

Without playing him how are we going to sell him?
    He should go out on loan if we want to sell him, he doesn't care about the progression of CAFC so I have no care for the progression of him. His attitude stinks, take it from someone who knows what he said within the first month of signing for us.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Positives ? The Russian Irish boy who plays like a young John Robinson.
    Mikhail Kennedy. Plus my 1st game at Roots Hall. (hope the last)

Negatives ? Pope's kicking is the least of his problems.
    Knowing that the ball straight at him and low can end up in the back of the net is the biggest worry.
    Disappointed but not surprised with the team put out, because of the cancellation of the Italian game, the Bolton game Friday night had altered the make up of the side.
    Calum Harriott needs to get away from CAFC on Loan or start again somewhere else because some fans are giving him stick in the warm up !

The last chance saloon team started off bad and then fell away.
    The Southend team looked like the one i saw at Wembley in the play off final with Mooney now there and Joe for us.

Why did Reza not warm up with the rest of the squad at the beginning ?
    Barnes showed some good touches and Laplie like to run with the ball but no chance of 1st team football yet.

From Southend's point of view if they had announce it was just going to be a
    CAfC 11 it may of been Seb Lewis on his own.

Bolton Friendly away on a Friday night anyone ?
    It's the 1st team, Honestly :smiley:

Even at half time he only came out with a few minutes left and completely missed the warming up exercises with the trainer, strange!
    he was out with Nego for the whole of half time mate.
  • Options
    @Atletico Addick clearly :heart:'s Reza

It's like a playground romance.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

cafc4life said:

Probably wouldn't of gone if id seen the team at half 5 When we left. Not much to shout about , Kennedy impressed me the most . Pope very shaky with his kicking as mentioned earlier . Harriott offered nothing, like usual , felt sorry for pigott, he looked frustrated as there was no one around him really. He's very good with the ball at his feet though. Reza looked lively for the 20 he was on , gave all the fans a clap at full time.

Hope they didn't clap back. He's all about himself, if he struggles somewhere he cries and wants to move on, if someone doesn't want to play for CAFC as it doesn't suit them at the time then quite frankly I don't want to see them in our colours again. Will be disappointed if he's involved in our first squad this season.
    Sounds like he played well and I hope he is in contention for the match day squad. He's back, give him a chance.
    100% agree.

:heart: Reza
    It would have helped Reza to get more game time if he could have warmed up with the rest of the players or even at H/T when he ran on for 2 minutes then ran off.
    The last time i saw him play was against Argentina in the WC, now he gets 10 minute for a reserve side at Southend.

His Heart's not in it. He must of been told he's toast.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I personally thought Mitov played well in the 2nd half
  • Options

cafc4life said:

I have a feeling that Reza will get some game time, if only to put him in the shop window for a future transfer.

Without playing him how are we going to sell him?
    He should go out on loan if we want to sell him, he doesn't care about the progression of CAFC so I have no care for the progression of him. His attitude stinks, take it from someone who knows what he said within the first month of signing for us.
    what did he say?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Essex_Al said:

Positives ? The Russian Irish boy who plays like a young John Robinson.
    Mikhail Kennedy. Plus my 1st game at Roots Hall. (hope the last)

Negatives ? Pope's kicking is the least of his problems.
    Knowing that the ball straight at him and low can end up in the back of the net is the biggest worry.
    Disappointed but not surprised with the team put out, because of the cancellation of the Italian game, the Bolton game Friday night had altered the make up of the side.
    Calum Harriott needs to get away from CAFC on Loan or start again somewhere else because some fans are giving him stick in the warm up !

The last chance saloon team started off bad and then fell away.
    The Southend team looked like the one i saw at Wembley in the play off final with Mooney now there and Joe for us.

Why did Reza not warm up with the rest of the squad at the beginning ?
    Barnes showed some good touches and Laplie like to run with the ball but no chance of 1st team football yet.

From Southend's point of view if they had announce it was just going to be a
    CAfC 11 it may of been Seb Lewis on his own.

Bolton Friendly away on a Friday night anyone ?
    It's the 1st team, Honestly :smiley:

Even at half time he only came out with a few minutes left and completely missed the warming up exercises with the trainer, strange!
    he was out with Nego for the whole of half time mate.
    The other Standard Liege reject.
  • Options
    Looking at Bolton's last few friendlies, they have had pretty much the same group of players featuring for the last 3 or 4 games. Be interesting to see which approach proves better when we face up on Friday.
  • Options
    don't think it will make a difference (although some will claim it does) - the result doesn't matter (but it will to some).

GL trains with the squad every day and has done so for the last 4/5 weeks, if he feels what he's doing is right then that's 100% good enough for me.

I'm pretty sure they've had behind closed doors games and plenty of training drills to get to know each other