Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friendly Sarfend v' the Addicks match thread 28/7/15

Comments

• Options

This won't do Pope any good. Playing behind a development squad won't help his confidence if he concedes a hat full. Why would our signings not be ready for QPR.....I expect a full strength team for the Bolton game. Otherwise we would not have played our best team all pre season.

Good... It'll give Queens Park Rangers something to think about, lets not make their life too easy for the 8th after all

If players cant bond / learn to work together etc... in training then I'd love to know what Guy Luzon is doing with them @ Sparrows Lane
  • Options
    Bolton is on Friday
  • Options
    pope takes the gk....pig..harry.....addicks throw....taken...hd to jj....hd tackled and losses it....kenno now.....but poor pass...they have it back but harry wins it...to pig..tackled..they come at us
  • Options

This won't do Pope any good. Playing behind a development squad won't help his confidence if he concedes a hat full. Why would our signings not be ready for QPR.....I expect a full strength team for the Bolton game. Otherwise we would not have played our best team all pre season.

Good... It'll give Queens Park Rangers something to think about, lets not make their life too easy for the 8th after all

If players cant bond / learn to work together etc... in training then I'd love to know what Guy Luzon is doing with them @ Sparrows Lane
    Don't agree - the first team need match practice in a match. Not over a game of head tennis at Sparrows Lane.
  • Options
    they are playing keep ball.....and we are chasing shadows......bikey intercepts and wins a gk
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Listed on the OS as a first team friendly - Dulwich, Maidstone & Chelmsford all listed as XI's.

To be fair we were originally next to play Chievo at home on Saturday, now we are away at Bolton on Friday. Big difference.

• Options
    pope takes the gk..kag is fouled....addicks fk..taken..jj to harry.....kag is tackled...they now attack quickly.....shot comes in...high
  • Options
    Biggest surprise is risking Pope in my opinion. Surely Taylor should have started if he's on trial.
  • Options
    pope has it to the pig...tackled.....and they attack but pope claims it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addicks win a throw....harry...to kag....offside
  • Options
    fk taken....they send it long...we win it back...and now lose it..but kenno wins it....to jj...HD.....lennon....we lose it again...and they attack....jj gets it....bikey....lenno.. losses it and they come again
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Bolton is on Friday

Ha that's why it's this Xl then
  • Options
    we are under pressure...but kashi cuts out.....barnes...kashi....pig...passes to kag....but out after good play
  • Options
    they have it and push forward.....we let them have it in midfield.....they have a shot.....good save from pope
  • Options
    we have a throw........now peeing with rain.....they now win a throw.....and push forward
  • Options
    we win the ball....kashi.....jj...harry......tackled....they come at us again
  • Options
    :heart: REZA
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I don't know what all the fuss is about.........nobody seemed to mind when we played this "team" for the 2ns halves against Welling & D&R and I keep being told they are back-up to the first 11 & so be prepared to see them at some point in time during the season.......
  • Options
    This commentators voice is awful... how bored is he?

describes the game well though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You could say the same about a Formula One Car though, fans being annoyed that the Red Bull isnt running at full capacity during the practice sessions (Which are shown live to fans these days on SkySportsF1).

Red Bull / Mercedes / Ferrari are all going to run their cars at less capacity because in public they dont want their rivals to be aware just how strong their going to be.

Same goes with Football, yes it would be great if Makienok played every game and ended up scoring 10-goals in three matches, all that would succeed in doing is telling Chris Ramsey to closely mark him with their best Defender etc... Pre-Season Friendlies are all about one thing, match fitness... Everyone has to be match fit by the start of the season in case called upon

Would prefer Holmes-Dennis to be playing tonight with us getting beaten 4-0 yet getting however many minutes under his belt because if he gets called upon and cant play 60 / 70-mins there will be uproar on here as to why.

As for head-tennis... You see a bunch of Footballer messing around... To me its teaching them how to pass the ball to each other in small areas with control / whilst communicating with each other, instead if Patrick Bauer needs match practice learning how to tackle etc... then I'm bloody worried for the season ahead!!
  • Options
    jj wins it.....HD is tackled.......they come again...bikey wins it....kag now....harry....kag.....jj..bikey..kashi....harry..hd...jj kag is fouled but nothing given........they break......bikey and barnes block....corner to them
  • Options
    corner taken.....header goes wide.....gk addicks
  • Options
    Who's Nicky Pope?

• Options
    gk taken.....they win it back.....attack but pope takes it
  • Options
    pope is the busiest player on park.................they come again.......shot comes in.....high and wide
  • Options
    gk taken.....pig..losses it...they come again...cross comes in.....we clear.....they get it back and win a throw
  • Options
    throw taken.....cross comes in.....and a shot comes in and is in the back of the net
  • Options
    sarfend score 1-0
  • Options
    Goal through Popes legs.