Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Chelmsford on Tues 4th... anyone going?

I'm up for this, though as a Chelmsfordian I'd be a fool not to be. As a City and CAFC fan, I'm debating which end to stand... Mind you it's a "swap ends at half time" kinda place (oo err), so the question is what order I stand where.

Comments

• Probably.
  • I won't be going to this one, but I was once a member of Chelmsford City FC. I went to watch Charlton in a p.s.f. and you had to join to be able to drink in the club bar. Charlton won 3-0 with goals from Leaburn, Lee & Bennett. Can't remember anything else though.
  • McBobbin said:

I'm up for this, though as a Chelmsfordian I'd be a fool not to be. As a City and CAFC fan, I'm debating which end to stand... Mind you it's a "swap ends at half time" kinda place (oo err), so the question is what order I stand where.

I seem to remember there was a lot of "swapping ends" at the FA Cup tie in 1974 - and not to do with the football!
  • McBobbin said:

I seem to remember there was a lot of "swapping ends" at the FA Cup tie in 1974 - and not to do with the football!
    Heavens. I'm going with my parents so I hope it doesn't become a "thing"
  • McBobbin said:

Arrested/charged at that one as I recall. Ignominious exit from our/their end after steaming into a cop over not much. As Captain Mainwaring said, "Ssssschtupid boy!"
  • Chelmsford in the cup...all terracing.... Those were the days, eh?
  • Oh I get it hooliganism. There was ms thinking you'd all had a love in. Scrub what I said earlier... My mum can handle herself
  • McBobbin said:

5-0.
  • McBobbin said:

Oh I get it hooliganism. There was ms thinking you'd all had a love in. Scrub what I said earlier... My mum can handle herself

I was only 11. It was the first away match I went to on my own, travelling on Lewis's naturally.

I just remember people chasing each other round and round the ground during the match!
  • McBobbin said:

Oh I get it hooliganism. There was ms thinking you'd all had a love in. Scrub what I said earlier... My mum can handle herself

I was only 11. It was the first away match I went to on my own, travelling on Lewis's naturally.

I just remember people chasing each other round and round the ground during the match!
    11? In 1974?
    That makes you more than 10 years younger than me.
    Blimey Airman, you must have had a hard life :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Got this tweet from OfficialClarets this morning-

"A good number of CAFC first team players have been guaranteed to play against the Clarets tonight."

Our bar is open to all.
  • Just allaying Stig's concerns....
  • Guess we can expect a line-up of the below maybe?

Mitov
    Barnes - Bikey - Lennon - Bergdich
    Charles-Cook - Ceballos - Jackson - Holmes-Dennis
    Pigott - Reza

Part of me would be surprised if Ceballos / Bergdich appeared but at the same time neither have had much game time since joining the club
  • Guess we can expect a line-up of the below maybe?

Mitov
    Barnes - Bikey - Lennon - Bergdich
    Charles-Cook - Ceballos - Jackson - Holmes-Dennis
    Pigott - Reza

Part of me would be surprised if Ceballos / Bergdich appeared but at the same time neither have had much game time since joining the club

Think Sarr will be involved. Doubt Charles-Cook will be.
  • As above ForeverAddickted,
    except Muldoon for Charles-cook who has played more than anyone in pre season plus Regan will be in the 18 for Saturday as cover for RB.
    He may give Ceballos more game time, but only one half at most as he should be in the 18 as well.
  • Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Nothing on cricfree as yet.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago View translation
    CAFC XI: Mitov; Staunton, Holmes-Dennis, Sarr, Lennon; Kennedy, Muldoon, Jackson, Bergdich; Ahearne-Grant, Ghoochannejhad. #cafc #CAFCLive
    0 retweets 0 favorites
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    More
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 14s14 seconds ago
    Subs: Beeney, Obileye, Barnes, Thomas, Edwards, Kelly, Aribo, Pigott, Konsa, Ansah, Sho-Silva, McKenzie-Lowe. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Is McKenzie-Lowe a trialist?
  • Yes he is. There was a Jemal Mc Kenzie- Lowe who played for Luton and Peterborough. I presume it is the same one.
  • edited August 2015

Is McKenzie-Lowe a trialist?

There's a 19 year old Jemal (or Jamal?) McKenzie-Lowe at non-league Dunstable Town, probably him.

Edit: He's a 6 ft 2 striker - http://www.hemelfc.com/news/player-news-1310588.html

• Bergdich starts on the left wing again. Surprised to not see Ceballos feature in order to gain some more match fitness, even if it was for 45 mins.
  • Is McKenzie-Lowe a trialist?

He passes the double barrelled name test.
  • Guess on that team the squad that'll start against QPR will be:

Pope
    Solly - Bauer - Diarra - Fox
    Gudmundsson - Ba - Cousins - Ceballos
    Watt - Makienok