Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Jobs

Interested to know what sort of careers people have on here and if they enjoy it, anyone work in either Sports or IT? What do you do and how did you get the job exactly?

Comments

• Options
    I'm just off out to jetwash blood and puke from Greenwich.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Brain Surgeon, what I lacks in accuracy I makes up with enthusiasm.

(Goodies annual 1977)
  • Options
    When I saw the Wiggins was on about 5k a week I thought, these boys have it good if you make it to this level.

I reckon my dream would be astro physicist (I'm not joking here). Failing that I've always been interested in the betting industry but all the jobs I look at seem to related to IT like front end developers and stuff to do with coding, way beyond me.

I think we did a dream job thread a while back if memory serves
  • Options
    I dont think the OP was talking about "dream jobs" but was looking for a bit of networking and careers advice.
  • Options
    Take my advice - do not join the prison service.
  • Options
    I work as a finance analyst for a big energies and services firm. When I started working for them it was in Lewisham but they have since "promoted" me and now I work in Ealing... Want to move somewhere closer to home, they give study support for CIMA though which is decent.

I like my job sometimes, and hate it others, the client can be a complete arsehole and make our job a nightmare, and no one has enough balls go challenge them on it. Other than that it's just the travel.

Anyone who wants a CIMA studier with a background in financial analysis in south east London, save me!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I reckon my dream would be astro physicist (I'm not joking here). Failing that I've always been interested in the betting industry but all the jobs I look at seem to related to IT like front end developers and stuff to do with coding, way beyond me.

I think we did a dream job thread a while back if memory serves

There's meant to be the Perseid meteor storm visible tonight and tomorrow, so I've been told from John Cravens Newsround
  • Options

Interested to know what sort of careers people have on here and if they enjoy it, anyone work in either Sports or IT? What do you do and how did you get the job exactly?

I'm a professional Ultra. I'll spend my day today painting racist Serbian slogans on bedsheets. Tomorrow I'm on make up for our new video.
  • Options
    Philanthropist, man, gigolo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And ears
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Take my advice - do not join the prison service.

I was just evaluating a career move for the last tranche of my working life - I'll scrub that off the list.

That leaves me with Marine Zoologist - which I nearly did a degree in (at Aberystwyth) 25 years ago or Gardener (non-uphill).
  • Options
    I'm currently an Operational Analyst, but soon looking to become a Business Analyst.

I fell into it by luck more than judgement.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Huskaris said:

I work as a finance analyst for a big energies and services firm. When I started working for them it was in Lewisham but they have since "promoted" me and now I work in Ealing... Want to move somewhere closer to home, they give study support for CIMA though which is decent.

I like my job sometimes, and hate it others, the client can be a complete arsehole and make our job a nightmare, and no one has enough balls go challenge them on it. Other than that it's just the travel.

Anyone who wants a CIMA studier with a background in financial analysis in south east London, save me!

CIMA - The Chartered Institute of Mediocre Accountants! :wink:

Have you put your CV on the big 4's websites mate, they're always looking for PQs in all areas of their businesses.
  • Options
    I always think if work was enjoyable it'd be called play.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Huskaris said:

Have you put your CV on the big 4's website
    Do Henry, NLA, Big Rob and Airman run their own website ?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    You can say that again
  • Options
    Halix said:

Brain Surgeon, what I lacks in accuracy I makes up with enthusiasm.

(Goodies annual 1977)

i always wanted to be a tree surgeon but couldn't stand the sight of sap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tube driver seems like a pretty great job, particularly as you seem to get a few extra days off on top of the 44 holidays along with a cracking salary.
  • Options
    Retired Grove Park shop keeper
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Tube driver seems like a pretty great job, particularly as you seem to get a few extra days off on top of the 44 holidays along with a cracking salary.

You couldn't pay me enough to sit inside a series of miserable, dark tunnels on my own all day. Soul-sapping, boring work too. I'd be jumping in front of my own tube before the end of the week.
  • Options
    I've got the dream job. Have been retired 7 years
  • Options
    I work in sports, specifically sports marketing.
  • Options
    dabos said:

I work in sports and IT. I build software to work out how good players and teams are in order to forecast football matches for Football Radar.

Found the company when reading Zonal Marking over 4 years ago. At the time I was working in the city and was desperate to get out. I wanted to work for a smaller company and build a product I'm passionate and knowledgeable (I hope!) about. Joined in May 2011 and it's changed my life - one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Sounds similar to a company I used to work for - it uses analytical methods to predict outcomes for football betting.
  • Options
    dabos said:

I work in sports and IT. I build software to work out how good players and teams are in order to forecast football matches for Football Radar.

Found the company when reading Zonal Marking over 4 years ago. At the time I was working in the city and was desperate to get out. I wanted to work for a smaller company and build a product I'm passionate and knowledgeable (I hope!) about. Joined in May 2011 and it's changed my life - one of the best decisions I've ever made.

That sounds like almost the perfect thing I was trying to find when I asked, any idea how I would be able to find out more on the company? Not much on the website, is there other com apnoea that do the same?