Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Jobs

13»

Comments

• Options
    Pipefitter/Plumber. Supervising at the moment but hoping to one day go into the management side.
  • Options
    I read 1984 as well on the BBC On This Day site.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

I may add, because I wasn't sure if it was a joke from Chicago or indeed he really should be asking for a payrise.
  • Options

I am a professional bush trimmer.

I am as well a Gardener, bet you wouldntt let me near your with my petrol hedge trimmer though.I expect you go for the more manicured look
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

I may add, because I wasn't sure if it was a joke from Chicago or indeed he really should be asking for a payrise.
    Haha it was a joke. I had a job where I loved the job but pay was low. Now I have a job where the money is good but its pretty sterile. Wish I had a happy medium hence why I'm envious of anyone who loves their job and earns good money doing it.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Addicted said:

Tube driver seems like a pretty great job, particularly as you seem to get a few extra days off on top of the 44 holidays along with a cracking salary.

You couldn't pay me enough to sit inside a series of miserable, dark tunnels on my own all day. Soul-sapping, boring work too. I'd be jumping in front of my own tube before the end of the week.
    You'll never pass the interview with that attitude
    if you jump in front of your own train does that count as one of your 3 strikes and your out fully pensioned etc ?

• Options

I am a professional bush trimmer.

I am as well a Gardener, bet you wouldntt let me near your with my petrol hedge trimmer though.I expect you go for the more manicured look
  • Options
    Guess what I do??
    And after 30yrs in Stockbroking (which I enjoyed) I love being a black cabbie. The freedom is unparalleled
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    raggyh said:

I'm a long time lurker on CL but I have a job that I love. I'm a freelance EVS Operator, which means I do instant replays for live sports broadcasts. Used to work a lot on football but now mainly work on other sports.

I haven't worked on many Charlton games, partly through choice (it's awful having to roll a beautiful slow-mo of a goal scored against the team you love) and partly because we were rarely on TV. The last Charlton game I worked on though will live long in the memory. We were the Championship match chosen for broadcast around the world (the main match on The Football League Show).

22/02/2014

Astrit shoots, tipped wide. I roll replays. Corner about to be taken. I've got another angle of the Astrit chance to show when this inevitably comes to nothing...JACKSON!!!!! I can't celebrate, I need to do my job. I've got two good angles of the goal, the other EVS op has a great Chris Powell celeb in super slow-mo. We roll our replays and finish with SCP punching the sky in delight. Once the final whistle blows I punch the air too.

Now I mainly work on other sports as it means I get to go to The Valley more often. COYR!!!!

That's classic - imagine you'd had to work on the Millwall away game last season?

You'd have been all over the place! I certainly couldn't do it.
  • Options
    raggyh said:

I'm a long time lurker on CL but I have a job that I love. I'm a freelance EVS Operator, which means I do instant replays for live sports broadcasts. Used to work a lot on football but now mainly work on other sports.

I haven't worked on many Charlton games, partly through choice (it's awful having to roll a beautiful slow-mo of a goal scored against the team you love) and partly because we were rarely on TV. The last Charlton game I worked on though will live long in the memory. We were the Championship match chosen for broadcast around the world (the main match on The Football League Show).

22/02/2014

Astrit shoots, tipped wide. I roll replays. Corner about to be taken. I've got another angle of the Astrit chance to show when this inevitably comes to nothing...JACKSON!!!!! I can't celebrate, I need to do my job. I've got two good angles of the goal, the other EVS op has a great Chris Powell celeb in super slow-mo. We roll our replays and finish with SCP punching the sky in delight. Once the final whistle blows I punch the air too.

Now I mainly work on other sports as it means I get to go to The Valley more often. COYR!!!!

Brilliant!
  • Options
    Owning and running your own pub takes some beating.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Work for Sport England managing £70m worth of lottery and government investment into 6 national governing bodies

Snap i work for Sport New Zealand and it's subsidiary High Performance Sport New Zealand. What's Sport England like to work for? I'm thinking about a move back to the UK but as a Kiwi the idea of Tube travel and expensive housing is a bit of a downer. Does Sport England have outlying offices (i.e other cities). I have marketing, events, branding responsibilities.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Owning and running your own pub takes some beating.

Not really a pub though is it Riv? :wink: