Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt's scoring streak

Three in a row now.

When was the last time we had a striker start a season on that run? I know Igor had a good start last year, but can't remember how good

Comments

• Options
    Last time he scored 3 in 3 , he was at Celtic!
  • Options
    He streaked after his goal ???!
  • Options
    Igor scored 5 in 7 games at the start of last season and got 3 in a row in February - http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=62133&season_id=144
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Darren Bent scored in the opening 4 games of 2005/06. I can't think of anyone doing that since.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Igor scored 5 in 7 games at the start of last season and got 3 in a row in February - http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=62133&season_id=144

And hasn't done a thing since.
  • Options

Three in a row now.

When was the last time we had a striker start a season on that run? I know Igor had a good start last year, but can't remember how good

And two against Bolton in the friendly
  • Options
    from the commentary not sure if he was injured or just knackered towards the end.
  • Options

from the commentary not sure if he was injured or just knackered towards the end.

No need for anothet Watt panic fest. He finished the game - playing the whole 90. If he was injured he would have gone off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Tony magic feet Watt is a scorer of great goals.
    If he can be a great scorer of goals(for CAFC) as well, then he will become a legend.
  • Options
    We have needed a forward to properly love for quite some time. TWWW is going to be that man.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Didn't jonatan Johansen have a long scoring streak at first?
  • Options
    Hang on. Feet on the ground time.

TW is clearly something special and a great talent. But we all know what happens to Charlton players who come into these categories. It's usually just a question of how long can we hold onto the player.

2 weeks to go until the transfer window shuts. Wouldn't be at all surprised if a Premier league club who fancied taking a punt at picking up a possible bargain put in a cheeky offer. (Don't be fooled into thinking they don't know about TW). Would Roland take the money? Would you bet against him doing so?

• Options
    IA said:

He streaked after his goal ???!

It's been a while since anyone went on a proper streak.
  • Options
    I see he was a bit shy of showing his feet.
  • Options

It was a cold night too, Charlton legend :-)

• Options

TW is clearly something special and a great talent. But we all know what happens to Charlton players who come into these categories. It's usually just a question of how long can we hold onto the player.

2 weeks to go until the transfer window shuts. Wouldn't be at all surprised if a Premier league club who fancied taking a punt at picking up a possible bargain put in a cheeky offer. (Don't be fooled into thinking they don't know about TW). Would Roland take the money? Would you bet against him doing so?

Needs to sort his fitness out before the prem comes calling IMO.
  • Options
    What ever happened to Peter Garland ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Needs to sort his fitness out before the prem comes calling IMO.
    Agreed, Tony has the potential to be a lot, lot better than he currently is.

• Options

Only 21. What a talent.

Could be a CAFC legend in the making.

Sadly for us, if he continues this form and we don't go up, then he'll be on his way sooner rather than later. There's so much money in the premier league now (and even more next season) that even the little clubs can go and spend 7-8m on a player. We can't compete with that.
  • Options

What ever happened to Peter Garland ?

He became a streaker?
  • Options
    The guy scored a match winner against Barcelona, he's obviously got something special about him. If we help him to enjoy his football again we'll have a gem on our hands.
  • Options

Only 21. What a talent.

Could be another CAFC transfer deadline day sale in the making.

Corrected for you.

Exactly what I was thinking you beat me to it mate.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    TW may look like he has just woken up on a park bench - but he is just Watt we need.
    I like him.
    Defenders don't know Watt he is going to do next.
  • Options

TW may look like he has just woken up on a park bench - but he is just Watt we need.
    I like him.
    Defenders don't know Watt he is going to do next.

See Watt you did there - clever!
  • Options
    Its been clear since day one that Tony Watt is absolute quality. He is on a different planet to anything we have had striker wise for a considerable time.

The fact he is only 21 is both exciting and scary.

He is a genuine network success. Rest assured, if Roland's notion of a network didn't exist there would have been the proverbial two hopes of Tony signing for us. He'd have fannied around in Belgium for 3 years and then probably gone to a low to mid table Premier League club.

My only concern is his fitness. He blows way to early in a game for my liking.

if someone in the premiership wants him now then a realistic fee imo would be a minimum of 5m + add ons.
  • Options
    He has work to do himself on his fitness and ambition because the boy can go anywhere he wants