Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Stadium - Please sign the NEW PETITION

Comments

• Have they gone? Did we finally get rid of them?

They will be back...............

They always come back

I hope not. I'm starting to enjoy this.
  • cafc999 said:

Have they gone? Did we finally get rid of them?

They will be back...............

They always come back

I hope not. I'm starting to enjoy this.
    Keep them here, it's rather amusing
  • Mischon de Reya are Spurs' lawyers. Spurs and their lawyers, lest you don't know, are like flies around $hit about everything. So this is totally par for the course.
  • gavros said:

Mischon de Reya are Spurs' lawyers. Spurs and their lawyers, lest you don't know, are like flies around $hit about everything. So this is totally par for the course.

So. What is the shit that is attracting them at this particular time?

I'm aware that Daniel Levy is litigious. I'm also aware that he does not spend a single pound unless he believes he has a good reason to do so.
  • gavros said:

Mischon de Reya are Spurs' lawyers. Spurs and their lawyers, lest you don't know, are like flies around $hit about everything. So this is totally par for the course.

I'm no fan of spurs and their arrogant supporters, but this is not relevant
  • edited September 2015

As I understand it the European Commission didn't get the LLDC angle, they didn't get a redacted version, they apparently saw the full deal. And found nothing to suggest a case of state aid in this instance.
    If anyone can appeal the publication of the deal it is the LLDC by the way, not West Ham.
    By the way: Would you be also interested to find out the finer details of the deal struck between the LLDC and UK Athletics ? Maybe you should as the taxpayers' money is at the heart of your campaign, innit ?
    Yet you are still only interested in the West Ham deal, despite it not being about West Ham renting the OS ?

We are interested in the LLDC side NOT the West Ham side ...stop playing the victim .
  • I'll ask Niels De Vos tomorrow
  • edited September 2015

gavros said:

I'm aware that Daniel Levy is litigious. I'm also aware that he does not spend a single pound unless he believes he has a good reason to do so.

And of course he has good reason to spend a few quid to see if he can disrupt it. Back to square one. I honestly congratulate you chaps on opening this up as if it wasn't it'd cause mistrust against west ham forever. Let's just see what the contract says, unredacted, in full.

• Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:

bobmunro said:

And if I get directly asked a question I will reply. I think you will find once the deal is out that West Ham as anchor tenant (not owner of the stadium) paid a market going rate under the circumstances.
    I think you'll find it would have driven the market price up if there had been more competitors to rent the place.
    Guess what ? There weren't any other viable options who wanted to rent.
    That's why the rent is reasonably low, maybe Charlton should have bid to drive the price up.

So the market rate under the circumstances was net feck all?

Give us £2.5m a year rent (don't worry we'll pay all the refurb costs apart from £15m that you can take out of the £60-70m you got from the sale of that karsi down the road) and we'll give you at least the value of your rent in freebie security and stewarding and other ancillary match day costs.
    GEE I've a question as I genuinely don't understand this.

If you're happy for your owners to piss away your history, change your badge, move your home and rename your club to London United and if it's the word "London" that's apparently the magic key that unlocks all this Arab money for sponsorship and naming rights etc. then how the fudge can't you understand that renting costs more in London than it does in scuzzy Manchester? A fudge lot more, you twonk....
    It's when they change the colour of their shirts that I'll be laughing for real.
    ...and the only bubbles they'll allow will be in magnums.

• gavros said:

So. What is the shit that is attracting them at this particular time?

Hold on a minute. surely buying a centre-forward would be a good reason? ahhhhh clearly not... As you were Gents...
  • edited September 2015
    Don't worry yourselves about West Ham ever allowing our marvellous heritage being sullied by anything. Our club team were building warships for the Royal Navy before Charlton was even conceived.

Suggest you try to keep on topic instead of resorting to petty taunts.
  • gavros said:

Don't worry yourselves about West Ham ever allowing our marvellous heritage being sullied by anything. Our club team were building warships for the Royal Navy before Charlton was even conceived.

Oh the irony
  • That's not irony. That's a fact.
  • gavros said:

Don't forgot your World Cup.
  • Could West Ham fans become the most bitter 'away' fans on here? They've swooped into 3rd place already, just behind Crystal Palace and Sheffield Wednesday.
  • gavros said:

That's not irony. That's a fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP8sofAN4xc
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2015
    Right so you've just resorted to being pathetic. Well done. No wonder you're given short shrift by normal Charlton fans.
  • Gav, I think you're as guilty as anyone. Why don't we all agree to stick to debating the issue without the usual 'bants' - GEE and you had a good start on here - even if we disagree with your point of view, it's good to explore it all isn't it?
  • seth plum said:

West Ham were founded ten years before us, and a rich bloke called Arnold Hills poured £20,000 into the club (a fortune in those days) to get it established.
    Charlton were founded by 15 year old street lads locally, and their growth was organic and funded by the wit of those involved, not set up by some rich dude.

It's a little known fact that Arnold Hills is a distant ancestor of both the Gullivans. He made his fortune by inventing the "what the butler saw" peepshow machines first installed at Southend. On the positive side, he struck an early blow in support of the suffragette movement by appointing a Lady Karina Brody to operate the turnstiles in the Thames Ironworks side's first few seasons. Rumour has it she was a great favourite of the then Prime Minister, Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury, and received her honour due to that relationship.

Some things never change.

Note: most of this is made up. Except for the bit about all of them being a bit dodgy.
  • Rothko said:

I'll ask Niels De Vos tomorrow

Good for you. Not sure what you are asking, other than perhaps for help in understanding what a "private company" is, but while you have him I'd be interested in his comments on this article

• If I can recover from being patronised by you I might

Well GEE was last active nearly 10 hours ago and his last comment didn't sign off "over and out", so maybe he has gone.
  • edited September 2015
    Let me address a couple of questions put to me yesterday. The first is the concern about the 'fairness' of the deal. This concept is totally subjective. For many on here the idea of fairness appears to be one whereby the deal provides no financial uplift from West Ham making the move. That is a spurious argument, as why would West Ham make the move if it were not financially beneficial to the club in the first place? Yes, it will boost West Ham versus its competitors, but then the option to tender was there for all and West Ham were the only major club to bid. Therefore, they won the tender fair and square.

The second question, asked yesterday by Prague Addick amounted to "if West Ham benefit from zero to moderate naming rights from Upton Park, why should they expect anything more at the OS?". The reply to this is that that the financial uplift from the move, which may or may not in West Ham's projections include regular European football exposure thanks to said financial uplift, suitably increase the naming rights value of the clubs tenancy. Hypothetically, the increase in revenue and on pitch performance would raise the value of the stadium naming rights, and as such that is the basis on which the naming rights portion of the contract was rewarded on (and is likely the information that West Ham is most concerned with being released). From my and others guesstimates, there should be a financial and on the pitch uplift based upon which West Ham's tenancy in terms of attracting a decent sponsorship deal increases the stadium naming rights value, and West Ham should by rights capture some of that value. That said I believe the bar is set high enough for the E20 LLP to recoup most to all of that, at least initially, which if proven blows out of the water all of the innuendo surrounding the contention that West Ham receive state aid.

Time will tell.
  • When was the last time west ham played in Europe?? Surely it would be bad business to include that in any projections?

Gavros, people are not blaming the 'fairness' of the deal at West hams feet. In fact, I cannot think of one business that would turn down an offer at which you have been given. With this in mind, stop playing the sour grapes or victim card.