Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Stadium - Please sign the NEW PETITION

1575859606163»

Comments

• Options
    IAIA
    edited April 2016
    IA said:

gavros said:

As was pointed out in that letter LLDC gets the majority of catering and pouring rights and the majority of stadium sponsorship. This is my best guess

Rent - £2.5 mil indexed to RPI

Catering and pouring rights for standard seats - 80% to LLDC

Stadium sponsorship: first £10 million per annum to LLDC after which 60% share to LLDC

Naming rights deals in England, most recent deals I could find on page 1 of Google, figures are per annum. Not all of the named clubs own the stadiums - some are even tenants

Championship

Brighton and Hove Albion - £450k

Derby County - £700k

Hull City - maybe £600k

I can't find values for Bolton Wanderers or Huddersfield. The Bolton one doesn't look like they get much money.

Premier League

Arsenal - £0 (Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool have all got more money from shirt sponsorship alone than Arsenal receive for shirt and stadium)

Newcastle United - £1.5m

Stoke City - £0 (deal expired summer 2015 but look what the stadium is still called)

Swansea City - £100k

West Ham United - £910k over £10m apparently
    Posting this again for the West Ham fans who think the taxpayer will be getting big revenues from naming rights.

The major thing about this ground in respect of naming rights is that it's the Olympic Stadium, with an iconic design, not that Stratford London United will play there.

I deliberately excluded 'naming rights deals' that could have been negotiated in a phonebox. This is despite the fact that when Gold & Sullivan sell to Qataris, the Olympic Stadium can have the same.