Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Stadium - Please sign the NEW PETITION

Comments

• Options
    Martin Samuel having a shot at us today in the mail, whilst digging out the petition.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3289185/Football-country-suffer-hound-FA-blazers.html
  • Options
    Also heard about this the other day:

West Ham United block Tottenham hopes of renting Upton Park.

'Ahead of their move to the Olympic Park, West Ham have taken steps to prevent Spurs from using Upton Park ahead of their north London redevelopment.'

So even though they've sold it they can still veto another club negotiating a private lease to something they used to own.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/11178316/West-Ham-United-block-Tottenham-hopes-of-renting-Upton-Park.html
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    IA said:

I don't read Martin Samuels' writing much but when someone links to one of his articles it seems to invariably be a long and boring article in praise of the status quo.

He's rattled by the Trust.

Hardly worth dignifying it with a comment. Just to say, he's such a diligent journalist that he fails to notice the leadership of the campaign passed up from CAST to A broader based group some weeks ago. And that group acknowledges that right now, CAST has other priorities.

Fortunately within the Trust team there are people far better equipped than me to address the current crisis. Which leaves me free to carry on contributing to this.

The only thing of interest in the further release which the LLDC sneaked out, obviously ahead of the upcoming Information Tribunal, is that a completely separate Naming Rights Agreement exists. But currently we don't even know who the parties to that agreement are. We suspect they may have tried to engineer it in a way that keeps it out of reach of the FOI law. Well, as with so many other aspects of this affair, we'll see about that!

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Since the Trust AGM will NOT wish to spend quality time discussing this in detail tomorrow night , I thought I'd just briefly update those of you who are interested, in the status. Bearing in mind the ubiquitous presence of Gavros, I won't go into too much tactical detail. All who will be there and interested: I'll probably be among the last to leave, and certainly owe beers to certain Lifers for their invaluable contributions in recent weeks. Anyway, in summary

- Overall leadership of the campaign is now in several capable hands, representing many of the London clubs, and includes an experienced political campaigner.

- there is now a campaign website. Expect this to be more active in the coming weeks

- The status re the contract itself is that the LLDC appealed against the Information Commissioner's decision, and the issue now goes to a Tribunal. We believe we will win - and I am registered as a Party to the issue - but we regard the LLDC move as simply a cynical delaying tactic; which incidentally costs the taxpayer more money. Therefore we are taking steps to persuade the LLDC to withdraw their appeal

- there was a rather sneaky further release of info from the contract while I was away on holidays, but two other team members went through it and found that it contained little of use other than the existence of a separate Stadium Naming Rights Participation Agreement. I have just now submitted a further FOI request for a copy of this Agreement. I don't expect to get it without a further round of ridiculous prevarication, of course.

See you all tomorrow, when I'll be happy to talk more about this once we've finished the formal discussion on what are more immediately important matters.
  • Options
    Keep going Prague. Great work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    excellent
  • Options
    Next excuse please!

Good news.
  • Options
    Have just seen the date on the press release. 2nd December so have they said anything yet?
  • Options

Next excuse please!

Good news.

Exactly, what's the next move?
  • Options
    Not exactly neutral colouring is it!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    "Olympic Stadium row reignites as fan coalition calls on Boris Johnson to take action over West Ham deal."

Thank you Mr Lebedev. That headline will do nicely :-)
  • Options
    in yesterdays Sub Standard they had their prices for next season.

•A new entry-level Band 5 adult Season Ticket will cost just £289 – the cheapest in the Premier League

•All Season Tickets for Under-16s will be cut to just £99 – the equivalent of only £5 per game

•A family of four can buy a Season Ticket for just £776 – the equivalent of £41 per match
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

BBC's Question Time is being held in Limehouse on 14th January, the fans coalition should get someone in the audience to ask a question on the Olympic Stadium.

Good tip! will pass that on

Whether the question would have sufficient national interest for QT, though, I'm not sure.

• Options
    Well I've learned a new word today, comptroller - I just assumed it meant @pl54 :smiley:
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Well I've learned a new word today, comptroller - I just assumed it meant @pl54 :smiley:

What ?
  • Options
    Good to read that some people see the value of the FOI Act.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35128887
  • Options

Good to read that some people see the value of the FOI Act.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35128887

Yes and here is an outstanding article on the subject in the Telegraph, from a senior civil servant. Exactly the kind of person who is alleged to be against it because it costs so much, wastes civil servant time, blah blah.

It's interesting that the same Minister is responsible for:

- This fake review into the FOI law, just 18 months after a select committee of MPs concluded it is working just fine
    - the fake Charter Review of the BBC, run by people who have a massive conflict of interest
    - the London Legacy Development Corporation.

That Minister is John Whittingdale.
  • Options
    curbs1965 said:

I think we should concentrate on OUR club and worry less about West Spam.

Both have to be addressed although one is more immediate !
  • Options
    I wrote to Zach Goldsmith and Baroness Tannie Gray Thompson about this, absolutely in the politest of terms and neither replied, but I did get a reply when I wrote to Boris' office.
    Bombard the buggers. I am in New York until Monday and missed the latest episode, but seeing Brady on the apprentice this season has soured a programme I usually enjoy, mind you I can shout at her on the telly rather than the candidates.