Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

any complaints re the new fans bar/ catering as a whole?

edited August 2015 in General Charlton
Meeting the manager to discuss few issues I have.

Anyone else got any complaints I can pass on?

Comments

• Options
    Joshuk87 said:

How do you contact Wesley Spinks on a matchday?

He was the guy replying to letters of complaint after the Bournemouth voucher fiasco.
  • Options
    The general level of training of the staff seems poor. Could we not pay for them to start an hour earlier and be shown the ropes (particularly how the till works which seems to be a problem) ?

Also, fans seem to be getting charged varying amounts - I saw a guy get charged £2.10 for an orange squash the other day, presumably because the barman was classing it as a soft drink but it's clearly not supposed to be the same price as a coke.

Any chance of cheaper drinks before 2pm ? Lots of other clubs do something similar and it seems to work quite well.
  • Options
    They need better preperation for the initial flood arrival post match.

At QPR game went to the far bar, only 2 serving visible (may have been 3), but the wait at bar was 7 deep. Waited 10 mins then left without getting anywhere near close to the bar.

Need more staff for that first half hour period, all hands to pump (maybe utilise some of the better concourse kiosk staff for an extra hour) and also consider for that period installing some channeling ropes like they do at the popular kiosk in the N Upper.

This lounge has the potential to be a real success, but it won't reach it if people aren't getting that first drink which then entices them to stay.
  • Options
    A lot of the food outlets outside the east have disappeared and they seem to be fewer food and drink outlets inside the East Stand.

And 14 chips is too small a portion
  • Options
    What happened to the 2 pop-up outlets outside the NE corner ?
    Why no Cornish pasty on sale inside the North Stand anymore ?
  • Options
    Yes its a shame that the East Stand real ale has gone.
  • Options

Joshuk87 said:

How do you contact Wesley Spinks on a matchday?

He was the guy replying to letters of complaint after the Bournemouth voucher fiasco.
    His now left. I just went straight to katrien via linked in. Now meeting Darren Kent who is the interim manager.
  • Options
    Why are the prices so high? If they have to be so high can they pass the increase on to the front line staff so they can do a better job and attend a training session, and start a little earlier so preparations can improve?
    What has been learned by looking elsewhere?
    Why is vile cheese and onion pasty the (only) vegetarian option.
    When planning the catering did they consult a vegetarian?
  • Options
    Need more staff, obviously trained staff are preferable. If they are agency staff or even just people who only work match days they need to be trained. Pre-pouring should go without saying but it obviously needs saying.

A queuing system as people getting served in the wrong order massively pisses me off. And to solve the smoking in the bogs issue the staff who previously worked the turnstiles could be utilised marshaling an area out he back of the covered end. Got to be cheaper than the fine the club could get and would stop people walking into a cancerous fog whenever they needed a shit or piss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Why can't I get a soft drink and a chocolate bar from a vending machine instead of queuing for half an hour with oiks getting 4 beers and fish and chips for halftime?

Actualy, that's a really good suggestion having vending machines selling things like chocs, crisps, carton / pouch based drinks (obviously can't see bottles with tops or cans)

• Options

sam3110 said:

Why can't I get a soft drink and a chocolate bar from a vending machine instead of queuing for half an hour with oiks getting 4 beers and fish and chips for halftime?

Actualy, that's a really good suggestion having vending machines selling things like chocs, crisps, carton / pouch based drinks (obviously can't see bottles with tops or cans)

Because you'd have to have animals like @nth london addick filling them up. And a franchise who'd paid to be the sole seller within the ground may get upset at that
  • Options
    What happened to all the concessions outside the ground? The fancy pastry and salad/pulled pork vendors outside the North Upper/east turnstiles, the flash burger van in the west stand carpark etc? All that left is are the two old burger vans opposite the club shop and the east turnstiles. Club charging too much for rent? Not enough business? Just curious. I use the chippy opposite the Lib so I'm not that bothered but it was nice to have an occasional alternative. I don't generally eat or drink inside the ground as it's overpriced and not cooked properly. Pies are quite nice but either cold or thermo-nuclear and can't be arsed queuing.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Think Man City do / did have beer bottle vending machines.

You can restrict access back to the stands (not allowed back with beer or soft drinks with lids on). May only be an issue with drinking areas near away fans.
  • Options
    How about selling bottled beers like they have at some other grounds alongside the crappy offerings on tap. Really quick and easy rather than waiting for the poorly trained staff pouring it out. Also less waste than hoping for the pre-poured stuff to be sold.
  • Options
    It will have to be agency staff, no proper barman is off on a saturday, and if they are they're not gonna waste a rare weekend off working another bar!

If so I can only assume they are going with a cheap agency, where most of the staff will be newbies = people you can pay the bare minimum.

It's simple cost cutting by the club. They only way they would pay for better quality staff would be if they made more money OR we kicked up enough fuss.
  • Options
    Well, no lack of ammunition for Josh here then. Good suggestions all round. I am often lucky enough to get a ticket for the Millennium lounge (or whatever that is now) and the same complaints about bar staff apply there - not enough and not properly trained. I had to explain to one what a bottle of bitter was last time I was there...

Good luck Josh - let us know what responses you get please.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Wish they did some in the North. Nothing worse than Fosters. John Smiths barely any better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will do. Given the space I work in I plan on submitting quite a detailed plan to him. Whether or not I'm listened to who knows!
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Southbank said:

Wish they did some in the North. Nothing worse than Fosters. John Smiths barely any better.
    I saw they were installing hand pumps in the East though. Near where the bookies on the North end is. Said "Addick's Ale". Dunno when that will be ready. Or if they are brewing their own...

That was the West Ham game I think, I'll have another look Sat.
  • Options
    EastStand said:

Southbank said:

I saw they were installing hand pumps in the East though. Near where the bookies on the North end is. Said "Addick's Ale". Dunno when that will be ready. Or if they are brewing their own...

That was the West Ham game I think, I'll have another look Sat.
    I do like a good hand pump in the east.
  • Options
    TREV!
  • Options

How about selling bottled beers like they have at some other grounds alongside the crappy offerings on tap. Really quick and easy rather than waiting for the poorly trained staff pouring it out. Also less waste than hoping for the pre-poured stuff to be sold.

Said this a while back. Would be so much quicker and easier.
  • Options
    The food from that Greek veggie style place in front of the east last year (start of anyway) was fantastic, and its a shame it's gone. Also the cider bar has disappeared from inside the east as you walk up.
  • Options

Problem is that the fridges will only hold so many so the complaints will just change to "the fosters might have been shit but at least it was cold"

Been to many away grounds and ended up drinking warm bottles of carlsberg/carling
  • Options
    We need the 'Shack' real ale bar back behind the East Stand plus some real ale in the Fans' Bar (they had some decent beer, reasonably priced, for the Leeds game last year).

Also the high quality food stalls that we had last season.
  • Options
    I have a feeling that any reason why outlets have disappeared etc are down to Delaware North.

They aren't even providing free refreshments for the Fans Forum or other meetings anymore.
  • Options
    For now the immediate issues are

Taking ages to get served
    No coherent way of serving people in order (fine if only 5 people waiting. Fucking nightmare if 7 deep)
    Need for a smoking area. Let the smokers smoke, let the non-smoker go for a smog-free dump

Real ales/bottled beer/better food are all medium to long term issues in my book