Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

any complaints re the new fans bar/ catering as a whole?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Still managed to buy four identical rounds in the fans bar and ended up being charged four different amounts. Fortunately for me they always seemed to get cheaper. No idea why they don't sell crisps or nuts in there.
  • Options
    Well done Josh. Darren obviously needs a little time to settle in, so hopefully we will see improvements as the season goes on.
  • Options
    Where are the Greek pastry and pulled pork burger stalls outside the East like last year? Loved those.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Joshuk87 said:

All.

Thank you very much for your comments. I passed them on to Darren (interim manager) yesterday.

Queue wise yesterday seemed to be ok with additional beer carts introduced.

Darren has only been in the role for 3 games and agreed around the quality of the staff and training is being looked into.

The real ale bar will reopen with addicks ale being severed. Darren was not happy with it when he arrived which is why it has been closed.

Heineken taps are being put into crossbars. The fusball tables have been removed because apparently the Club has a fan zone for kids with games. (I'm not really aware what this is)

Talked re bottles but issues with glass etc

Also had a chat re guest beers. Open to look at this but need to check tie ruillings with Heineken.

Food temperature is being looked at in the stands also.

Came across as an experienced guy who sort of had been thrown in at the deep end. However I would say from his attitude things will improve over the season.

Has asked me for feedback going forward also will follow up with him as the seasons go forward.

Didn't get a chance to mention vouchers from Bournemouth game.

Price wise personally whilst it is expensive I didn't want to dwell too much given its a football club at the end of day. However staff will be trained re tills again so hopefully should pay the right prices.....

Thank you all again for your feedback it was helpful to back up my chat with him.

Josh

We currently sell plastic bottles of both Fosters and Bulmers so there would be no issue with glass.
  • Options

Where are the Greek pastry and pulled pork burger stalls outside the East like last year? Loved those.

not to sure on those around food the menu was being simplified so may be the reason.
  • Options
    whispering this

errrm

was veggie food discussed?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

whispering this

errrm

was veggie food discussed?

Lol!
    :smile:
  • Options
    Just that they were looking at the options of food over the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PeterGage said:

Massive improvement in the bar staff in crossbars today, much busier but queues are far smaller

Really?? No alcoholic drinks available at opening time (mid-day). Waited until 1215 and still no lager (or apologies/explanation). Walked out and went to Bartrams.
    I walked in at midday and got a pint straight away???, nice seat in the air conditioned bar near the TV and had a nice pie as well
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Unfortunately my boy (5) needs his tea at half time otherwise he is a proper miserable little person. Fortunately for him his favourite food is horrible hotdog. Unfortunately for me that means I can't even get a pie in the west stand as the hotdog place doesn't do pies.

Buy a thermos flask, apparently they are popular in the West stand.

cafc999 said:

Get rid of pints and sell bottled beer. You would then not have people waiting for beer to be poured

So simple this way to rid of a problem. The transaction would take all of 30 seconds.
    There could be an issue with taking bottles from the bar, I know they are plastic, but they could easily be hidden in a pocket and people then drink in the stands which could lead to legal issues.
    Why is it illegal to drink alcohol in a football stand but not so in a cricket or rugby one? I understand football's historical problems but why hasn't the ban been challenged for being discriminatory?

• Options

PeterGage said:

Massive improvement in the bar staff in crossbars today, much busier but queues are far smaller

Really?? No alcoholic drinks available at opening time (mid-day). Waited until 1215 and still no lager (or apologies/explanation). Walked out and went to Bartrams.
    I walked in at midday and got a pint straight away???, nice seat in the air conditioned bar near the TV and had a nice pie as well
    I didn't make it up. My son and I were first in at mid-day and no alcohol whatsoever was available until 1210; then the "black stuff" was available. At 1215 we walked out because no lager was available and the staff were not able to give a timescale for it'sale
  • Options

iaitch said:

Unfortunately my boy (5) needs his tea at half time otherwise he is a proper miserable little person. Fortunately for him his favourite food is horrible hotdog. Unfortunately for me that means I can't even get a pie in the west stand as the hotdog place doesn't do pies.

Buy a thermos flask, apparently they are popular in the West stand.

cafc999 said:

Get rid of pints and sell bottled beer. You would then not have people waiting for beer to be poured

So simple this way to rid of a problem. The transaction would take all of 30 seconds.
    There could be an issue with taking bottles from the bar, I know they are plastic, but they could easily be hidden in a pocket and people then drink in the stands which could lead to legal issues.
    Why is it illegal to drink alcohol in a football stand but not so in a cricket or rugby one? I understand football's historical problems but why hasn't the ban been challenged for being discriminatory?

Wasn't that law/ruling brought in under Thatcher, also the alcohol ban on coaches going to football not sure if that applies to other sports either.

Maybe it could/should be challenged in light of crowd control now in grounds but it would only take one incident and it would be back on again.
  • Options
    Why can't more than four beers be purchased at once?
  • Options
    Interesting article on the guardian around dulwich hamlet club and how they don't want to get promoted into the leagues because then they won't be able to a) stand or b) drink
  • Options

Why can't more than four beers be purchased at once?

Because the bar staff can't count to 5.
  • Options

Interesting article on the guardian around dulwich hamlet club and how they don't want to get promoted into the leagues because then they won't be able to a) stand or b) drink

What, like at Welling?
  • Options
    I'd like to complain that you have to leave the Fans Bar at 2.59, in order to make your seat by 3pm.
  • Options
    well prices to high, particularly when the food is cold and the coffee lukewarm. Also we have to high a turn over in staff so you do not get to know them or they you. This also means every week the staff struggling to work the till know where things and waht the price of food is.