Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

any complaints re the new fans bar/ catering as a whole?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015

How about selling bottled beers like they have at some other grounds alongside the crappy offerings on tap. Really quick and easy rather than waiting for the poorly trained staff pouring it out. Also less waste than hoping for the pre-poured stuff to be sold.

Problem is that the fridges will only hold so many so the complaints will just change to "the fosters might have been shit but at least it was cold"

Been to many away grounds and ended up drinking warm bottles of carlsberg/carling
    Agreed. It'll be ok in the winter as they can just leave them outside, but warmer months will mean warm lager.

I'm more than happy to pay £4.50 for a plastic bottle of lager, but it has to be cold.
  • Options
    I don't want to tread on any toes, especially Fanny's, but I read somewhere (fans forum minutes?) that Katrien wants to bring the (fans event!) Player of the Year evening under the umbrella of the parent club.
    Now that may be because she (Katrien) wants to control who gets to speak, but it might be about the food served.
    If it is about the food then Katrien is on strong ground, because it was pretty awful even for the carnivores, and although the POTY event is not really about the catering, at the price the tickets are, I feel sure the caterers can do much much better...if they're the right caterers.
  • Options

The food from that Greek veggie style place in front of the east last year (start of anyway) was fantastic, and its a shame it's gone. Also the cider bar has disappeared from inside the east as you walk up.

yup, that was good food
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I don't want to tread on any toes, especially Fanny's, but I read somewhere (fans forum minutes?) that Katrien wants to bring the (fans event!) Player of the Year evening under the umbrella of the parent club.
    Now that may be because she (Katrien) wants to control who gets to speak, but it might be about the food served.
    If it is about the food then Katrien is on strong ground, because it was pretty awful even for the carnivores, and although the POTY event is not really about the catering, at the price the tickets are, I feel sure the caterers can do much much better...if they're the right caterers.

If KM wants to bring this event under the umbrella of the club, then IMO, it won't be because she is worried about the food served !

They took all the trees and put 'em in a tree museum - then they charged the people a dollar-and-a half just to see 'em.
  • Options
    At forrest they sell bottled cobra I think and green ipa, much better. Plastic bottles obviously but as long as its cold it will be much better then the beer that gets served at the ground atm. My pint of lager v QPR tasted like water and sent it back for one that tasted pretty much the same.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Why is vile cheese and onion pasty the (only) vegetarian option.

It's not though, is it? You've been banging on about this for years.
  • Options
    Joshuk87 said:

Joshuk87 said:

Meeting the manager to discuss few issues I have.

Anyone else got any complaints I can pass on?

How do you contact Wesley Spinks on a matchday?

He was the guy replying to letters of complaint after the Bournemouth voucher fiasco.
    His now left. I just went straight to katrien via linked in. Now meeting Darren Kent who is the interim manager.
    Thanks a lot. Let me see what questions at reception tomorrow brings
  • Options
    YEAH.........couldn't get the lid off my bottle!............I'm not kidding she didn't know how to use a F_ _ _ _ _ g bottle opener!!!!
    West stand bar...........
  • Options
    Off_it said:

seth plum said:

Why is vile cheese and onion pasty the (only) vegetarian option.

It's not though, is it? You've been banging on about this for years.
    OK I will try to check out the alternative options.
    I don't apologise about banging on about it for years, because if they've changed the option, then my banging on may have had a successful outcome.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Who goes to a football match to eat? Plan your day correctly and eat before you leave or a establishment that serves what you desire on the way.

Unless I have been to a function at the Valley I have not purchased food and drink at the ground for years. Overpriced, poor standard.

I'm with you brother but a catering manager should still want to provide the best possible service for those that do eat and drink in the ground.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Who goes to a football match to eat? Plan your day correctly and eat before you leave or a establishment that serves what you desire on the way.

Unless I have been to a function at the Valley I have not purchased food and drink at the ground for years. Overpriced, poor standard.

Depends how far you're travelling from really though, doesn't it? If you're coming from some distance, eating before you leave isn't practical, and stopping off part way risks adding delay to a journey that can get snarled up far too easily.
  • Options
    Unfortunately my boy (5) needs his tea at half time otherwise he is a proper miserable little person. Fortunately for him his favourite food is horrible hotdog. Unfortunately for me that means I can't even get a pie in the west stand as the hotdog place doesn't do pies.
  • Options
    At least the staff are reliably poor whichever bar you go to :(
  • Options
    We need to have our season tickets preloadable with cash, much like an Oyster card, which can then be used on all food/drink/club shop stuff, with a 10% discount.
  • Options
    The new hot dogs were good but sold out in the East too quickly.

Pork roll was good but meat was cold.
  • Options
    Get rid of pints and sell bottled beer. You would then not have people waiting for beer to be poured
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

We need to have our season tickets preloadable with cash, much like an Oyster card, which can then be used on all food/drink/club shop stuff, with a 10% discount.

Why would you load cash onto a card on the off chance you might want to buy something with it when if you could just use the cash to make your purchase.

The amount of unclaimed cash left on various cards, vouchers, etc each year is unbelievable. It's why retailers absolutely love it when you buy vouchers, because it's free cash for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Huskaris said:

Why would you load cash onto a card on the off chance you might want to buy something with it when if you could just use the cash to make your purchase.

The amount of unclaimed cash left on various cards, vouchers, etc each year is unbelievable. It's why retailers absolutely love it when you buy vouchers, because it's free cash for them.
    Because you get a 10% discount...

Not just my crazy idea... They do it at the Amex and apparently it works really well. From food and stuff in the club shop, to purchasing away tickets.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Get rid of pints and sell bottled beer. You would then not have people waiting for beer to be poured

So simple this way to rid of a problem. The transaction would take all of 30 seconds.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Off_it said:

Huskaris said:

Not just my crazy idea... They do it at the Amex and apparently it works really well. From food and stuff in the club shop, to purchasing away tickets.
    And if you always purchase a product - like Alwaysneil does - then you know roughly how much to load the card with. You would also have to have (well signed) card only tills to encourage their take up.
  • Options

Unfortunately my boy (5) needs his tea at half time otherwise he is a proper miserable little person. Fortunately for him his favourite food is horrible hotdog. Unfortunately for me that means I can't even get a pie in the west stand as the hotdog place doesn't do pies.

Buy a thermos flask, apparently they are popular in the West stand.

cafc999 said:

So simple this way to rid of a problem. The transaction would take all of 30 seconds.
    There could be an issue with taking bottles from the bar, I know they are plastic, but they could easily be hidden in a pocket and people then drink in the stands which could lead to legal issues.
  • Options
    Massive improvement in the bar staff in crossbars today, much busier but queues are far smaller
  • Options

Massive improvement in the bar staff in crossbars today, much busier but queues are far smaller

Really?? No alcoholic drinks available at opening time (mid-day). Waited until 1215 and still no lager (or apologies/explanation). Walked out and went to Bartrams.
  • Options
    A shame all the new and interesting outlets, both food and the ale bar, have now gone. No decent beer means I don't buy a beer, simples!

The programmes sold out as well, but that's another thread.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Off_it said:

Huskaris said:

Go for it. I'll keep my cash in my pocket. At £2-whatever they fleece you for a bottle of water I'd want more than a 10% discount to buy any of their overpriced shite again.
  • Options
    Fair play for learning as you go, Crossbars was a massive improvement service wise after the game in comparison to the QPR game
  • Options
    Agreed. Service much better in Crossbars and queues minimal both before and after the game. More bar staff and they have now been trained to operate a till!