Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hull - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Ej hadji bar and Kashi were shit hot today. Absolute mullered their opposite numbers.

I thought we looked like a quality team of 9 players in the first half. We were solid pushing it around the middle and then to one of the CBs who was in space and able to pick out a runner (usually bergdich). By nine players I am not digging out Mak and ceballos, just saying they were disjointed from our play. KAG did little better.

Cebollos non entity, looks far too bottle job for the league (seen it live and a replay and, only IMO, looks like a classic case of go in gingerly and get hurt!). Contrast this with Ba, he is a monster in the 50/50, first half I think it was him that actually popped the football., he went in with the whole kitchen sink in the centre circle. Just from that challenge alone w can have high hope for El hadji Ba!!! A tackle like Parker or Kinsella and a lovely balance and gait on the football.

Kashi also deserves lengthy comment. Fook me he is cute in the dark arts of the water carrier. He knows when and how to position himself as a physical barrier, knows when to foul to break up play and also how to foul with no danger of yellow, for example by using his chest and upper body strength to bring the player down, don't go off your feet and you're far less likely to risk a yellow. And boy... he has some steel to his game.

Kashi is super on the ball, picks out a raking pass like Carrick or Gerrard or Parker.

verything big Mak did went to the oppo first half but he can be a danger in this team. Needs to establish the zones and runners he is looking to pick out. Could be outrageous with Vetokele running the channels.

On nick Pope. I think he is class. Yes low shots are his weakness but he is a lanky 6"6, doesn't surprise me at all. Van der Sar was prone to getting nutmegged, doesn't mean he wasn't world class. Only Velcro would have held the low 16 yard daisy cutter yesterday. He has been on fire and can state this is a goalie who has it all and will only get better.

We have the players. Just need to maximise our "good in both boxes " tactics and get more shots on goal. COYR
  • Options

I am gonna have to leave home before my parents return from holiday on Monday as I just punched the arm of the sofa repeatedly after that goal and it is now in tatters... sh*t

I posted this on the match thread! I am currently packing my bags! If my body is found in a ditch you can blame it on my mum!

She'll be off to DFS with the life insurance payout.
  • Options

Another great result against a very sub dued Hull i thought. Bloke behind me just slagged Makinok off all game even after he scored ffs.Sadly missed the last 10 mins as had to go to work at 7. But its either that or dont go at all.

If S/t Holder find out number and send it to Mrs Mak.

The Dick will Shite his Pants.

• Options

Another great result against a very sub dued Hull i thought. Bloke behind me just slagged Makinok off all game even after he scored ffs.Sadly missed the last 10 mins as had to go to work at 7. But its either that or dont go at all.

If S/t Holder find out number and send it to Mrs Mak.

The Dick will Shite his Pants.

Euurgh that's a bit ugly, rank old image there soapbox. Been on the Creatine today perchance?

just smile and ask him to refrain. Meet aggression with a smile and a bit of sarcasm
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Good point Calydon road.
    I'm sure if you seen my Posts over the last 13 Months that;s what i do 99% of the time but every now and then a little nibble is necessary to get a point across.
    Soapbox Sam is a 24/7 CAFC till i die consortium,
    i will have a word with my other selves.
    :smile:
  • Options

Simonsen said:

I think the crowd staying behind the team has more of an effect than a lot of people imagine, especially on days like yesterday when you have to dig deep.

I'd give those players Monday and Tuesday off to recover because the effort was immense.

I know it's their job, and they are professionals, paid to do a job , but this week must have been knackering for the players the amount of effort they have put in has been immense, ( particularly the Derby game) I've been lucky enough to have been to all 3 games, and I'm knackered, and I haven't even been on the pitch!

I wouldn't want to see anyone risked for Tuesday night's game beyond the absolutely necessary.

This has the potential of being a big season for us in the league so the cups can do one.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to the Vatican and the world's 1.2billion Catholics for shouting "fcuking Pope" at approximately 4:50pm on Saturday.

So you should... Briefly a bunch of Catholic priests cowered thinking: they're on to us again!!
  • Options
    People seem to be being quite generous with Bergdich's marks on the complementary thread. I thought everytime he got the ball he overcomplicated the task at hand and was guilty of losing the ball. Luzon clearly agreed, hence Harriot coming on.
  • Options
    Agree bergdych is a work in progress as is ceballos but I think both may come good over time, the championship is probably a bit tough for them right now, need some beefing up and some colder games
  • Options
    Reckon everyone should put on their best Lionel Ritchie impression…

"Alou, it's 3 points we're looking for…"

The man was immense. Long may he continue bossing our defence!
  • Options

Agree bergdych is a work in progress as is ceballos but I think both may come good over time, the championship is probably a bit tough for them right now, need some beefing up and some colder games

You can see they have the skill, just thought with both of them they're almost trying too hard. Sometimes a simple short pass is all that's needed. I think they just need to settle a bit.
  • Options
    foxjam said:

You can see they have the skill, just thought with both of them they're almost trying too hard. Sometimes a simple short pass is all that's needed. I think they just need to settle a bit.
    Probably as you say trying a bit too hard. For whatever reason both are first team quality but not getting into the team due to good form by the current holders so when they do get the chance they overdo things a bit.
  • Options
    Now over the elation/sunstroke from yesterday. Comments could be the same as QPR game... Smug relegated bunch get it in the face from the first minute. We keep great shape and our class players deliver the goods. But these are the summer dog days. The injury list is a nagging concern. The coach and players are doing their job but the chairman really has to step up or we are going to be stretched very thin as the nights draw in.
  • Options

What a game and what a determined, disciplined and courageous performance from every single player who took part today. Hull were a massive disappointment. Looked like a team of Premiership players who expect their opponents to roll over and die. To maintain the effort in the sweltering heat was magnificent.

With of course the utmost respect to those I name, to end the game with Pope, Regan-Cook, Harriott, Ahearne-Grant on the pitch against the likes of Jelavic, Dawson, Davies and Aluko and still have the desire to get a winner is testament to all involved.

Luzon is as mad as a box of frogs but what great entertainment he is.

This.
  • Options
    No one can fault Luzon's desire to win. Good man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haven't lost many games under Luzon
  • Options

I was one of the few on here willing to give Luzon a chance
    Cant fault him so far

Rubbish. Virtually everyone on here was willing to give him a chance. I can only think of one poster, who was being wholly unreasonable.

Granted, many people were upset with the CLUB, about the MANNER, of his appointment. But they are 2 seperate issues.
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/65843/luzon-100-support/p1
  • Options

Just remember for every winner, there's a loser. Hahahahahaha.

And my £10 miraculously turned to £38 !!!!
    Yep. My £5 turned into £19.50.
  • Options
    Duchatalet seems to have moved all his eggs into the Charlton basket? Surely that's a big change...
  • Options
    Not that I particularly care, but was anyone well placed to see if the disallowed Hull goal in injury time was actually offside? From the covered end, I didn't notice anything until I saw the flag up (and was massively relieved). Don't know why I'm surprised, but it wasn't included on the channel 5 highlights, or those on cafc player...
  • Options

Not that I particularly care, but was anyone well placed to see if the disallowed Hull goal in injury time was actually offside? From the covered end, I didn't notice anything until I saw the flag up (and was massively relieved). Don't know why I'm surprised, but it wasn't included on the channel 5 highlights, or those on cafc player...

Showed it on sky earlier, was a clear offside - daylight between the players.

• Options
    Can't stop laughing at Luzon sprinting down the touch line, can't decide which angle is better! https://youtu.be/DY7LGjcRVy8

We are going places