Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hull - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Agree with Covered End, Pope's distribution is so much better than I've seen from him. Well done the coaches and well done him, I've probably been too harsh there.
  • Options

posting having read every post & after getting through a large slice of humble pie.........

cant believe how good the new recruits are. Bauer, Kashi & Ba being the top dogs this afternoon Lessons learned today:

1) just coz your main strikers aren't playing doesn't mean you wont score

2) stay to the final whistle - a games not over until the ref says so.

3) you can play on with a minor injury

4) just because you were in the Premiership last season doesn't mean you have the right to be a top 6 side .

Great times are ahead - I can feel them

Woohoo. Golfie says great times are ahead !
  • Options

posting having read every post & after getting through a large slice of humble pie.........

cant believe how good the new recruits are. Bauer, Kashi & Ba being the top dogs this afternoon Lessons learned today:

1) just coz your main strikers aren't playing doesn't mean you wont score

2) stay to the final whistle - a games not over until the ref says so.

3) you can play on with a minor injury

4) just because you were in the Premiership last season doesn't mean you have the right to be a top 6 side .

Great times are ahead - I can feel them

Woohoo. Golfie says great times are ahead !
    Foooooooooore !

Good shout Golfie.

• Options
    I've been in Spain for the whole of the season so far and have kept up with every game via player, this was the first game I have actually watched as it was on the tele in a bar.

I get back for the Rotherham game and I can't bloody wait to watch this team play live.

Get in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Good point Calydon road.
    I'm sure if you seen my Posts over the last 13 Months that;s what i do 99% of the time but every now and then a little nibble is necessary to get a point across.
    Soapbox Sam is a 24/7 CAFC till i die consortium,
    i will have a word with my other selves.
    :smile:

Xactly. You're bigger than that. You're all bigger than that ;)
  • Options
    Shame that No.1 is because that Hull are still struggling from Relegation... Is a poor excuse
  • Options

"From minute one Charlton looked they wanted it more, put more effort in and we just looked lethargic, let's be fair, Charlton are pretty crap, certainly not a patch on Wolves or Fulham."

Opposition fans continue to underestimate our capabilities. Not just pre-game but after we've beaten them as well.

I wonder where the "certainly not a patch on Wolves or Fulham" comes from. We'll see about Wolves on Saturday.
  • Options
    great result was nearly chucked away though as a draw from that game would of been wasteful, imo the game should of been won in normal time, we cant rely on 8 minutes stoppage time, not taking anything away from the team it was a great performance but we need to take our chances when presented to us as we might not be as fortunate next time, never the less though it is 3 points to guy luzons red and white army, and were proving the critics wrong. so happy days.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Kashi....Tremendous Player......Big Mak....so useful in both penalty areas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really positive Post Greenie.

It was a great day to be a CAFC fan.

When players show such heart, the crowd will respond. (always a few exceptions)

• Options
    I've had other priorities for a few days so an absolute delight to read all this.

Even better my mate fitted this one in as his Charlton match on his visit from New Zealand so I'm pleased for him!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    So Ba wasn't taken off injured, just to allow Cousins into the centre ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

No Ba had cramp, I believe. Charles - Cook was put into midfield leaving coassignees full back, GL swapped both Cook and Cousins shortly afterwards because after Ba left the field we lost the midfield, as soon as Cousins went into midfield we got our balance back.

One quick note, well done the crowd, second half the The Cupboard end were excellent, well done every man Jack of you.....a solid 6-7 minutes of singing after the winner went in......

'Everywhere we, go......Charlton boys.....making all the noise'
  • Options
    Greenie said:

PL54 said:

No Ba had cramp, I believe. Charles - Cook was put into midfield leaving coassignees full back, GL swapped both Cook and Cousins shortly afterwards because after Ba left the field we lost the midfield, as soon as Cousins went into midfield we got our balance back.

One quick note, well done the crowd, second half the The Cupboard end were excellent, well done every man Jack of you.....a solid 6-7 minutes of singing after the winner went in......

'Everywhere we, go......Charlton boys.....making all the noise'
    Come on you auto Spellcheck! ;-)
  • Options
    First game of the season for me, not a bad one start kick off with.

Felt sorry for Pope when the goal went in, he had a pretty solid game up until then. He had claimed a few crosses well and his distribution was better. It wasn't a howler by any means, there were a lot of bodies in front of him and (from memory) it bounced just in front of him, but you want your keeper to smother them.

Thought Diarra and Bauer looked really solid in the middle, Sarr might be waiting a while for a game if they carry on like that.

The pair who impressed me the most were Kashi and Ba. They did everything you want from your midfield pair in this league, they were winning tackles, passing the ball well, covering other players when out of position and Ba got forward well (that ball for KAG was class). For them to boss an experienced pair like Meyler (who I thought was pants) and Huddlestone says it all.

Bergdich was a disappointment for me but willing to see how he gets on next time I see him, might have been an off day. KAG grew into the game the longer he was on.

Despite a goal and an assist I wasn't blown away by Big Mak, particularly first half. A lot of his flicks ons went to nobody and his touch was a bit heavy. When he's played 6-8 games with Igor/Watt next to him I think we'll see a better player. Whoever he's partnered with, I don't think many centre back pairings will be looking forward to playing us this season!
  • Options

Shame that No.1 is because that Hull are still struggling from Relegation... Is a poor excuse

It's true though. When you go down, lose a few players, with several others linked to moves away this window, it's bound to have an effect on team spirit and togetherness. We were clearly hungrier than them.

"From minute one Charlton looked they wanted it more, put more effort in and we just looked lethargic, let's be fair, Charlton are pretty crap, certainly not a patch on Wolves or Fulham."

Opposition fans continue to underestimate our capabilities. Not just pre-game but after we've beaten them as well.

And over estimate Fulham, who were much nearer relegation than promotion last season!
  • Options

Balls.

This is what is making the difference.
    I have no doubt QPR, Derby and Hull have better squads than us & possibly/probably Forest as well.

But we have bigger balls, which is down to RD, the recruiters, coach & players.

If you have the biggest balls, anything is possible.

Take a bow, NLA.

Role model for our lovely lads !

• Options
    Eunuchs Rovers Disagree With that statement unless it's meant as a metaphor.
    The Women's super league Statement will follow shortly.