Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reporter and Cameraman Shot Dead On-Air

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/26/us/virginia-shooting-wdbj/
All over the news here in the U.S today. This is one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen and I cannot imagine what would make anyone want to do something like this. I'm very frightened to know that I have people like this living in my country. Please keep your thoughts and prayers with the families of the victims

Comments

• This is genuinely horrific. I watched the footage earlier and watching the anchor attempt to carry on at the end is horrific. Thoughts and prayers to all involved
  • Saw this on CNN a couple of hours ago and they showed the footage. The poor reporter carrying out the story was nearly in tears!
  • I saw the news alert from BBC on my phone, astounding that someone would do this - or is even capable of it.

Perhaps more alarming is that it's being put down to a "disgruntled employee".

Thoughts with the family, no one goes to work without expecting to get home safe of an evening, let alone a journalist.
  • I am punching myself for watching the footage. I'm absolutely mortified
  • Just when you thought you'd seen it all ................ shocking.
  • edited August 2015
    Fox News reporting now that the shooter filmed himself doing this from his own perspective and started posted it on Twitter....
  • cafctom said:

Fox News reporting now that the shooter filmed himself doing this from his own perspective and started posted it on Twitter....

I unfortunately watched this, it is legit.
  • Chilling viewing, awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• What I saw was horrible, but luckily not graphic.

I don't understand America a lot of the time.

What is the NRA of America going to say?
  • Dazzler21 said:

What I saw was horrible, but luckily not graphic.

Probably the same as they said after the Charleston shootings in June - blame the victims for not carrying guns themselves.

It is beyond comprehension that they know the solution but won't do anything about it.

RIP to the victims today.
  • The shooter is now reportedly dead
  • Dazzler21 said:

What I saw was horrible, but luckily not graphic.

Don't get me started on those ignorant bastards
  • edited August 2015
    fucking hell!!!!!

you know, i once said that news reporting is getting so close to the news, when it's actually happening, that i wouldn't be surprised, if one day, we actually saw someone killed on tv and now we have!

r i p those who have died so tragically.
  • Have avoided watching the video, not something I want to see. Just so devastatingly sad that there are people capable of this. RIP to them both.
  • Yes, the problem of guns in America will just not go away. Barbarism that is all based on the Second Amendment to the US Constitution. Drafted at a different time in American history by people who should have had the intelligence to have seen the can of worms they were creating. And now, to get that taken out is, politically, almost impossible to do.

So many innocent deaths can be attributed to that Second Amendment.
  • What is to stop there being another amendment restricting gun ownership?
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

What is to stop there being another amendment restricting gun ownership?

Nothing, apart from people. Sad.
  • Please please please someone tell me that's a wind-up
  • Every way you turn this world of ours is fucked up!
  • Is that front page for real?!
  • It's got to be a wind up.
  • Unfortunately not
  • Horrific incident but do not see why it has to be our lead news story over here.