Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match views: Wolves vs Charlton 2015/16

Comments

• Options
    Pretty even game I thought, the break looks good timing now.
  • Options
    It is not that we just needed TW or Mak we also needed not to pass directly to,the opposition. Time and again the defence retrieved the ball and they or the midfield lost it.

Don't think of promotion but just mid table survival.
  • Options
    We lost today fielding a team with two forwards making up the numbers. Amazed we put on a display that could have earned at least a point.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

At least Palace are riding high, 2nd in the Premier League, representing South London.

Yes, I'm sure we're all grateful for that!
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

On the train home.

We played really well in the half-hour either side of half-time, in which we dominated midfield, scored one and came close to scoring a second. but we lacked the punch up front to capitalise on some good build-up play. Playing Igor up front as the lone striker has never worked. There was no hold up play and no link up play with the midfield, with JBG the main threat operating in the space between the Wolves B4 & midfield. An injury to Dicko which caused a delay of 5 minutes came at the right time for Kenny Jackett, who switched Henry from the left to the right, his natural side, and introduced La Fondre, who got the winner. That was the turning point in a game we could easily have won.

Sounds more like the game I watched than the one Clem was at.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

According to Football League Tonight Gudmundsson scored with his weaker left foot.

Not only that but Ventokele set him up!
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I think Luzon should go all out and sign Henry - it sounded from doing the match thread he had a great game and beat the ever dependable Solly on more than one occasion. With injuries mounting up we need a few more bodies into our squad.

Solly was absolutely fine against Henry - the best piece of skill the whole match was in the second half when Solly managed to skin him in front of the away fans.

Igor - dreadful. We are absolutely powderpuff up front without Makienok/Watt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Luzon added: “To concede twice from crosses is disappointing because usually we block them better than we did this afternoon. " [News Shopper]

Did we miss our Danish lighthouse defensively?
  • Options
    we have had a no harder run so far than Wolves so I don't buy that as a reason for our loss today, we just were not good enough against a mediocre Wolves who had a better front two available than us.
  • Options
    Our away kit looked fantastic; Peru, not Palace.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Why were we wearing it?
  • Options
    I wondered that, should have been our red and white, perhaps that's why they couldn't make many successful,passes
  • Options

Redskin said:

Why were we wearing it?
    The clues in the name
  • Options

Redskin said:

Why were we wearing it?
    Don't know, but I'm sure KM's to blame.

• Options

Just back to the car. Got what we deserved. Nothing. Poor show. Both teams crap first half, not much better second half. Wolves missed two absolute sitters so could have been much worse.

Missed the first 10mins as well.

Losing Makienok left us powderpuff upfront. Igor was nowhere near ready to play 75mins.

Hugely disappointing all round.

Kashi getting booked so early really affected him as well.

Having said all of that if Begditch gets his head up and squares it to Igor at 1-0 it could have been game over.

As for Henry, wouldn't pay 100k let alone 500k on that showing.

You must of missed the whole of the 1st half or else you didn't realise who the left winger was, who was going past 3 or 4 players at a time ! also the corners he took in the 2nd half. yet you remember the cock up of a free kick.
    The clue was in the CAFC fans chanting his name.

2nd half solly did a better job on him and he fell away a bit.

Wolves forwards had good movement and we could have been hit for 4 in 2nd half.

We played 50% better than when we won at Norwich last season.
    but really missed watt and the big Mak up front and also Simon to help out the defense from those superb corners from Henry.

Some slack marking for the 2nd goal, we need the 2 weeks off to regroup and get some players fit.

• Options

Just back to the car. Got what we deserved. Nothing. Poor show. Both teams crap first half, not much better second half. Wolves missed two absolute sitters so could have been much worse.

Losing Makienok left us powderpuff upfront. Igor was nowhere near ready to play 75mins.

Having said all of that if Begditch gets his head up and squares it to Igor at 1-0 it could have been game over.

You must of missed the whole of the 1st half or else you didn't realise who the left winger was, who was going past 3 or 4 players at a time ! also the corners he took in the 2nd half. yet you remember the cock up of a free kick.

but really missed watt and the big Mak up front and also Simon to help out the defense from those superb corners from Henry.

Some slack marking for the 2nd goal, we need the 2 weeks off to regroup and get some players fit.

Its about opinions. What I saw of him today didn't impress me. To be honest having come close to smacking the dick sitting behind us (he moaned that my 10 year old daughter sat infront of him) I'd take the the opinions of most of those singing his name (I didn't hear it) with a pinch of salt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a game of opinions sure. but by the sound of it you didn't see that it was Henry who was going past 3 and 4 players at a time in the 1st half ?

Did any one else who was there see it ?

As i said Solly got the better of him 2nd half but other players gave us problems with their good movement which we were slow to pick up on.
  • Options

It's a game of opinions sure. but by the sound of it you didn't see that it was Henry who was going past 3 and 4 players at a time in the 1st half ?

Did any one else who was there see it ?

As i said Solly got the better of him 2nd half but other players gave us problems with their good movement which we were slow to pick up on.

Yes, I did. Thought Henry was MOM for me. Solly dealt with him early in second half, so he switched sides and was just as impressive again. We looked well under par yesterday. Losing Big Mak early did not help, but last week the team all pulled together and fought for everything. They did not yesterday. Gave the ball away far too easily. Igor looked miles away from match fitness, and I know it was not the plan for him to play for so long, but we did not have the players for a Plan B. You could argue we deserved a point, but really got what the lacklustre performance deserved. Lets hope the the two week break gives us time to get some much needed players back in first team, ready to go again. Hopefully, someone has smuggled Henry back to the Valley in the team bus too! I would give Wolves a million for him, if I had it!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    agree and disagree ?

The only thing i disagree with is that we didn't have the players for a plan B ?

we used that at HT and that's why we went in the lead.
    Keeping the ball on the desk for the goal.but Igor who isn't match fit (how could he be) control is erratic, so Wolves who went up a gear when they went one down and our midfield which have been strong all season struggled when Cousins got a knock and Kashi had to be careful with the booking.

if giving Le fondre clear daylight in the box once was bad enough to do it again and expect him to miss both chances was pushing our luck.
    161 league goals, most in the box, said he would score one of them which he duly did. Won't play the blame game as we have more points than i thought we would have after 5 games.
  • Options
    agree completely with HantsAddick, although not sure about £1m but Henry is far better than anyone we have on the left
  • Options
    I thought we played ok in spells throughout the game. Mak had won everything and him going off was a blow. You could see the confidence in their two centre halves when he did go. Second half we did keep the ball on the deck and others have pointed out Igor was often the culprit to concede possession. I would have perhaps liked to see KAG given 15 more mins in 2nd half? Felt a win flattered them a little and on that showing neither side looked top 6. Henry? Its difficult as being so low down you tend to notice more so the play nearest to you. But Solly did well against him and there were at least 3 instances in 2nd half which you could use to show he is not worth £1m? Depends how you see it I guess? He was a constant threat but not really mom imo?? But what do I know?
  • Options

agree and disagree ?

The only thing i disagree with is that we didn't have the players for a plan B ?

we used that at HT and that's why we went in the lead.
    Keeping the ball on the desk for the goal.but Igor who isn't match fit (how could he be) control is erratic, so Wolves who went up a gear when they went one down and our midfield which have been strong all season struggled when Cousins got a knock and Kashi had to be careful with the booking.

if giving Le fondre clear daylight in the box once was bad enough to do it again and expect him to miss both chances was pushing our luck.
    161 league goals, most in the box, said he would score one of them which he duly did. Won't play the blame game as we have more points than i thought we would have after 5 games.

I hear what you are saying Sam but having changed the team at HT we should of stopped looking for the long ball to Igor and JBG.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    It was strange in that we went in the lead by playing the ball on the desk ,
    yet did still play that high ball at times which their two big CB's won 99% of the time.The final ball when we played the passing game never quite came off, except for the goal.
    I went to 12 away League games last season with the Millwall game being the last one.(i was broken) Without Checking, the going in the lead and the home side scoring 2 goals felt like the same time Scale ?
    I refuse to spend 4 days sulking this time ?
    Just the 24 hrs should be enough :neutral:
  • Options
    The 'BUSTED FLUSH' Adam Le Fondre takes the points again!!
  • Options
    We seem to be only leaking goals in 2nd half ?
  • Options

Its about opinions.
    Indeed it is!