Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bikey's contract terminated, Nego sold

edited August 2015 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-cancel-contract-of-andre-bikey-amougou-2658632.aspx

Centre-back, who joined the club last summer, has had his contract cancelled
George Jones reports

André Bikey-Amougou has had his Charlton contract cancelled, the club can confirm.

After joining the Addicks last summer, the centre-back made 34 appearances for the club, scoring his only goal in the 1-1 draw with Wolverhampton Wanderers in September 2014.

The Cameroonian had not been involved in any of the Addicks’ first-team squads this season and both parties have agreed that the termination of his contract is the best way to allow him to go in search of pastures new.

Prior to his arrival in SE7, Bikey had also represented Bristol City, Middlesbrough, Burnley and Reading in England, appearing for the latter two clubs in the Premier League.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/loic-nego-leaves-charlton-and-signs-for-hungarian-club-videoton-2658782.aspx

Loïc Négo has left Charlton to join Hungarian side Videoton, the club confirmed on Monday morning.

The full-back, who signed with the Addicks from Ujpest in January 2013, leaves SE7 having made just one first-team appearance.

The 24-year-old is a product of the FC Nantes academy in France and has represented his country at all levels from U16 to U20. At the U20 World Cup in 2011, he helped France to a fourth-place finish, which helped seal a move to Italian giants A.S. Roma.

The full-back then spent time on loan at Standard Liège in 2013.

Négo departs Charlton on the same day as Andre Bikey-Amougou, who has his contract cancelled on Monday morning.

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to him. He served us well for the first half of last season but hasn't got what it takes to last a season in The Championship. The Morrison decision looks stranger and stranger.
  • Options
    Good luck to him. IMO he didn't do too much wrong, obvious that him and Luzon just didn't get along.
  • Options
    Bikey was superb at the start of last season.

Definitely more to this story than is being revealed but if the club wanted him out i'm sure it is for the right reasons.
  • Options
    Would Morrison get in the side instead of Bauer, Diarra and Sarr?
  • Options
    Agree with the above, doesn't fit into Luzon's plans.

Nice chap as well, had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times. Hope he finds a club soon and I wish him all the best.
  • Options
    Is he really so bad we could'nt keep hum on as back up, or did Luzon just want rid? Ah well. Hopefull frees up some money for the last minte buys.
  • Options
    Good luck, Andre. All the best for the future.
  • Options
    Good player - good luck to him. For all his physical strength and defensive skills, I thought he was actually a very decent player with the ball on the deck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best of luck to him, he faded a bit as last season went on, but was immense (in every sense of the word) at the start. I do think we need another central defender in the squad, we shall see....
  • Options
    Edited opening post to add Nego's move which is now on CAFC OS.
  • Options
    Good luck to him, shame how his Charlton career ended, only a year ago he was one of our heroes, as was Peeters, even if that quickly got forgotten.
  • Options
    Nego a true Leg end.
  • Options
    During the unbeaten run he was very good in a style all his own.(similar to Danny Shittu from 2011)

Thanks for the 1st half of last season, more of a Peeters player,
    Will there be a tug of war over his services ?
  • Options
    pettgra said:

Good luck to him. I knew his brother onya.

I *almost* lol'd this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least i can have the T-Shirt printed with 'I saw Nego play'
  • Options
    ross1 said:

answer: NO .. and as for Bikey .. I suspect that he is easily bored and frustrated or that he just runs out of puff .. he was superb at the start of last season, but as what transpired at his previous clubs, his performances dropped off as did his levels of fitness and commitment .. on the strength of a few good games for us I wish him bon voyage and all good things French .. as for Nego ? .. a bolt from the blue signing that sank below the waves without ever floating
  • Options

ross1 said:

answer: NO .. and as for Bikey .. I suspect that he is easily bored and frustrated or that he just runs out of puff .. he was superb at the start of last season, but as what transpired at his previous clubs, his performances dropped off as did his levels of fitness and commitment .. on the strength of a few good games for us I wish him bon voyage and all good things French .. as for Nego ? .. a bolt from the blue signing that sank below the waves without ever floating
    Nego was a floater alright.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

ross1 said:

Nego was a floater alright.

lol .. Nego .. rhymes with Lego .. but didn't fit the part
  • Options
    As the USA sportswear, Clairvoyant, Paddy McGuinness fan,
    who thought Andre was a traveller Put it ????................................

Nike Psyche No Likey Pikey Bikey.
  • Options

pettgra said:

Good luck to him. I knew his brother onya.

I *almost* lol'd this.
    I think I was lucky to get an almost!
  • Options

Good luck to him. He served us well for the first half of last season but hasn't got what it takes to last a season in The Championship. The Morrison decision looks stranger and stranger.

Agree but different manager. Still a mistake.

This is what happens when you keep changing managers/coaches. Hopefully now that will lessen.

Will be interesting to see where Bikey ends up. Remember he was a fans favourite when he started and part of the unbeaten run. Seemed to lose it big time along with a few others.

Couldn't see him playing the Luzon way anyway.

Good luck to him anyway. Would do well at Millwall (seriously, they'd love him and right level)
    Millwall would probably be a good fit, as a replacement for Shittu
  • Options
    All the best to 'the beast'.
  • Options
    Will always remember his celebration after his goal against Wolves, didn't think someone his size could do so well!