Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Netherlands vs Iceland (Gudmundsson to start)!

Comments

• Options
    They should have let JBG take it, he needs the practice for taking our penalties this season!
  • Options
    What an effort that was
  • Options

Gudmundsson hits the bar! Beautiful

Bloody hell - you watching the tv sidewards?!
    I was.. but put it down to a mistype haha
  • Options

I was.. but put it down to a mistype haha
    Bar.....post - thats a big bloody mistype.
  • Options
    I'll go with woodwork. Anyway... fingers crossed Iceland can get the result. They were 9-1 for the win :smile:

Netherlands now piling on the pressure.
  • Options
    I've got £5 on jbg to score! I was a gnat's chuff away from £45
  • Options

Brain freeze, I got lost in the excitement, I think , i need to go hit the bar.
  • Options
    Commentator.."Gudmondsson has had an excellent game "
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gary Birtles does my head in.
  • Options
    JBG getting a bit isolated now - should sub him and bring on a midfield chaser.
  • Options
    Commentator discrediting Iceland at every possible opportunity. Weird.
    Think theyve played really well against a side who are viewed as one of the Top 10 in the world.
  • Options
    What club does the Iceland goalie play for?
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Very negative, surely Sky can do better than this, he's awful.
  • Options

What club does the Iceland goalie play for?

He plays for Nijmegen in Holland !
  • Options
    well done Iceland.
  • Options
    Yes, and well done JBG
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Can't stand him absolute tw*t
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Have we ever had a goalscorer at a European Championship? If not then my early prediction is that JBG will be the first.
  • Options
    Did Gudmondsson play the full 90?
  • Options
    Dont know if he was in the Iceland Squad for this match but for Icelandic players that we could sign how about Rurik Gislason?

He's 27 now and joined FC Nurnberg from Copenhagen this year but doesnt seem to have had a poor career since leaving us
  • Options
    Looking very good for JBG and Euro 16. Czechs have just edged past Kazakhstan, so they and Iceland can freeze the Netherlands out now. Should get the Iceland highlights in a fe minutes, looking forward to it. Good man Johann.

Don't forget. Iceland has a total population of 340,000, and half of them seem to be professional rock musicians
  • Options
    IA said:

Iceland need one point from their remaining 3 matches to qualify automatically. Their next match is at home to Kazakhstan on Sunday.

mind you the Kazakhs are no mugs, despite their position, as I saw tonight.
  • Options
    well, I must say I can't see how that was a red card. But takes nothing away from Iceland. This is giant killing on a massive scale and nobody seems to be noticing. Wonderful shot from JBG, causing "Cheerallton" to be mentioned on Czech TV for the first time in a few years. Czechs very happy with the result.
  • Options
    £2 on Iceland @ 11/1.

Decent side and beat the Netherlands 2-0 last year.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Commentator discrediting Iceland at every possible opportunity. Weird.
    Think theyve played really well against a side who are viewed as one of the Top 10 in the world.

What? NL viewed above Wales? Good grief, don't you believe the FIFA rankings? They are there for a reason you know - to underline the sincerity and integrity of FIFA.
  • Options
    I would love to see JBG in the finals but if he performs like he normally does, he'll attract the Premier League clubs!