Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Netherlands vs Iceland (Gudmundsson to start)!

124»

Comments

• If anyone is interested you can watch Iceland's game against Kazakhstan on sky sports 1 by pressing red for match choice, game starts at 7.45 :)
  • Red Bull and fruit? Not my idea of a celebration in Amsterdam :-)

Obviously never been to the famous Amsterdam banana show then
  • Had them in a double with Wales tonight.
  • Turkey beating Holland now. If it stays like that, Iceland will qualify so long as they lose by fewer than 3 goals against Turkey.

If it's a draw, Iceland qualify before their match begins.
  • edited September 2015
    IA said:

Turkey beating Holland now. If it stays like that, Iceland will qualify so long as they lose by fewer than 3 goals against Turkey.

The Dutch losing means they might not even qualify for the Euros as they'll drop out of the Play-Off position...

Crazy as they almost won the World Cup five years ago and destroyed Spain in the last one
  • IA said:

Turkey beating Holland now. If it stays like that, Iceland will qualify so long as they lose by fewer than 3 goals against Turkey.

The Dutch losing means they might not even qualify for the Euros as they'll drop out of the Play-Off position...

Crazy as they almost won the World Cup five years ago and destroyed Spain in the last one
    That's what happens when you rely on Schneider, Van Persie, Robben, Huntelaar and a hodge podge of defenders. Holland have never been great defenders and the forwards are getting on a bit too, Depay is not going to singlehandedly drag them into contention and Blind, Vlaar, Martins Indi etc just aren't quite the calibre needed
  • A point against Kazakhstan tonight will guarantee qualification. Hopefully JBG will have recovered from the celebrations by Saturday!
  • Turkey beat Netherlands 3-0

The only way that Iceland would fail to qualify automatically is if they lose all three matches, Turkey win both of theirs AND Turkey beat them on the head-to-head. Iceland beat Turkey 3-0 earlier in the campaign. I'd say they're as good as qualified now. A draw against Kazakhstan would guarantee it. It'll be some night in Reykjavik.
  • Jesus he just fell over.

I assumed the worst and that he had broken his leg. He's fine.

• Sponsored links:

• JBG bingo:

Charlton-check
    Addicks-check
    South London-check
    4 year contract-check

updates to follow
  • edited September 2015
    Macronate said:

JBG bingo:

Charlton-check
    Addicks-check
    South London-check
    4 year contract-check

updates to follow

GonnabeworthalotmorewhenIcelandqualify - check
  • All that pasta salad...
  • Surprised to see the Netherlands doing so poorly in this group. A year ago they were World Cup semi finalists
  • First... Massive congratulations to Johann and Iceland making it to their very first European Championships.

Second... To Charlton fans, enjoy watching Johann play this season, he'll surely be snapped up by a bigger club somewhere in Europe after the competition
  • Iceland have qualified for Euro 2016

Congratulations to all, especially JBG
  • IA said:

Iceland have qualified for Euro 2016

Congratulations to all, especially JBG

Really pleased for them. Amazing achievement and, of course, proud to have an Addick as an integral part of it
  • I heard his release clause was £37.5million
  • For those of you who watched the game how did Gudmundsson play yesterday?
  • For those of you who watched the game how did Gudmundsson play yesterday?

Bit lacklustre to be honest, as did the rest of the Iceland team, I think the toll of the Holland game showed, and they weren't connecting as much. He got booked early on, put in a couple of dangerous crosses and free kicks from the right hand side, had a couple of decent shots off target and took the corners later on in the game after Sigurdsson's weren't working
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought he was unlucky not to score near the end of the second half. Defender got a vital block in
  • Here's a fact:

Iceland have 21,508 registered players. Holland, who are languishing in fourth in Iceland’s qualifying group, have 1,138,860. Germany have 6,308,946.