Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Netherlands vs Iceland (Gudmundsson to start)!

Comments

• Options

£2 on Iceland @ 11/1.

Decent side and beat the Netherlands 2-0 last year.

You can use that money to pay for a few letters of Gudmundsson on your shirt. Costs a bloody fortune.
  • Options
    Just moved to Iceland. Beautiful moment, and the people love Johann here. We'll get on just fine. Áfram ísland!
  • Options
    ffs your shit JBG didn't watch the match but I had a tenner on you to score the first goal at 22/1 why are you hitting the post/bar for. Sell him now Roland!!
  • Options
    dizzee said:

But the question is...

JBG, Green or Waggy?

Don't forget Lloyd Sam :wink:
  • Options

Just moved to Iceland. Beautiful moment, and the people love Johann here. We'll get on just fine. Áfram ísland!

What's your story? How come you ended up moving out to Iceland?
  • Options
    I know I'm not supposed to say it, but I got more excited about watching Iceland last night and wanting them to do well than England, it means a lot more to them, I don't think they've ever qualified for a tournament before?

Not sure who they've got next.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I known I'm not supposed to say it, but I got more excited about watching Iceland last night and wanting them to do well than England, it means a lot more to them, I don't think they've ever qualified for a tournament before?

Not sure who they've got next.

Kazakhstan is next so they should be home and dry.

I play for an Icelandic football team in Copenhagen and we had to concede a win to the opposition yesterday as we couldn't field a full team. All my teammates had all flown to Amsterdam to watch the match!
  • Options
    dizzee said:

But the question is...

JBG, Green or Waggy?

It all depend on what JBGs house is like.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Incidentally my teammates think that Gudmondsson is class and we are lucky to have him. In their option he could easily play in the Premiership.
  • Options

Incidentally my teammates think that Gudmondsson is class and we are lucky to have him. In their option he could easily play in the Premiership.

And he will. That's why RD originally signed him and why a nice extension was offered. When the Premier League come calling the fee we will get will reflect his ability and the club make a profit which can be recycled into the squad.

It's the way RD sees us progressing. I think we can already add Bauer to the list.

• Options

That's a proper Icelandic team, every one a "son" or "sson"!

If an Icelander undergoes gender reassignment, do they change the son/dottir part of their surname? I'd guess so, otherwise they'd be Mr ...dottir or Ms ...son which would be strange.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Due to the naming system of Icelanders it'll always be the case with male teams. Fathers' name followed by son. One notable difference was Heiðar Helguson who chose to be named after his mother

Patronymic system or something similar.

Same with girls all end in Dottir

I bloody love Iceland, and JBG.
    Have you been there? Whats it like?
    Beautiful, friendly, not cheap, very cold.
  • Options
    IA said:

Iceland need one point from their remaining 3 matches to qualify automatically. Their next match is at home to Kazakhstan on Sunday.

Anyone know a way to watch it? Short of going to Iceland, of course.
  • Options

What's your story? How come you ended up moving out to Iceland?
    And why are you still AddickinBerlin?
  • Options

IA said:

Iceland need one point from their remaining 3 matches to qualify automatically. Their next match is at home to Kazakhstan on Sunday.

Anyone know a way to watch it? Short of going to Iceland, of course.
    There's bound to be a stream. You'll have to brush up on your Icelandic first.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I'm sure JBG stayed with us because the club convinced him that we have a realistic chance of promotion this season. He's good enough to have gone to a Villa, Norwich or Bournemouth, and the fee for them wouldn't have been prohibitive

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Was 3,000 Iceland fans at the match last night, bear in mind the population of Iceland is circa 300,000... That's 1% of the entire population at a football match in Holland! Atmosphere was crazy according to a friend at the match, what a great time to be involved with Icelandic football.. their grass roots football is definitely paying off, they're all being coached football from a very very young age. Super impressive set-up.

Picture from the game :smile: 'Legggo' meaning let's go.. after 12 beers.

• Options
    Sounds silly but it is probably quite nice to play for a club where all the fans think you're God.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I cannot understand why they are yet playing this at the Valley before games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFo8-JqzSCM
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

I would love to see JBG in the finals but if he performs like he normally does, he'll attract the Premier League clubs!

Yep... I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Swansea came in for him in January. :-(
  • Options
    He plays a blinder at the Euros, with the TV money coming in and a new 4-year contract he's worth serious, serious money.
  • Options
    "Release clause"

The top phrase for the summer of 2016. You heard it here first.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

He plays a blinder at the Euros, with the TV money coming in and a new 4-year contract he's worth serious, serious money.

Better hope we get promoted if we want to hang onto Johann in that scenario.
  • Options
    Aw, taking the responsibility of recording it! Good lad.

Get home safe, Johann
  • Options
    Don't put him in charge of the catering Katrien!
  • Options
    Red Bull and fruit? Not my idea of a celebration in Amsterdam :-)
  • Options
    They didnt like the pasta then !!