Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LinkedIn: Alexander Carter-Silk and Charlotte Proudman

13»

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:

aliwibble said:

WSS said:
    Er no WSS. It's the same lawyer who made the unfortunate comment to her, making an unfortunate comment about his own daughter. Personally I think he knew he was pushing his luck, which was why he mentioned it "not being politically correct", and she was right to be pissed off. However, if it was just a one-off, I don't think she was right to make it public.

Those trying to make her out to be a hypocrite because she's made comments about guys on Facebook are missing the point spectacularly though. LinkedIn is meant to be a professional network, and Facebook isn't, so the standards of acceptable behaviour are different on each. Just like trying to flirt with random women in the pub is fine, but it's not acceptable with colleages or potential clients in the office.
    Let's all agree that he was wrong to make a crass comment on a website that supposedly has a professional image and purpose for business networking, ok, so let's park that, he was wrong, she was right, like farting in church.

Sorry we can't quite all agree because that's not what happened. He made a crass comment in a private message having previously "linked in " with her. She then put the matter in the public domain. So he farted in private but she bottled it and then opened the bottle in a crowded lift.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

DA9 said:

aliwibble said:

WSS said:
    Er no WSS. It's the same lawyer who made the unfortunate comment to her, making an unfortunate comment about his own daughter. Personally I think he knew he was pushing his luck, which was why he mentioned it "not being politically correct", and she was right to be pissed off. However, if it was just a one-off, I don't think she was right to make it public.

Those trying to make her out to be a hypocrite because she's made comments about guys on Facebook are missing the point spectacularly though. LinkedIn is meant to be a professional network, and Facebook isn't, so the standards of acceptable behaviour are different on each. Just like trying to flirt with random women in the pub is fine, but it's not acceptable with colleages or potential clients in the office.
    Let's all agree that he was wrong to make a crass comment on a website that supposedly has a professional image and purpose for business networking, ok, so let's park that, he was wrong, she was right, like farting in church.

Sorry we can't quite all agree because that's not what happened. He made a crass comment in a private message having previously "linked in " with her. She then put the matter in the public domain. So he farted in private but she bottled it and then opened the bottle in a crowded lift.
    I'm still not entirely sure it was "a crass comment".
  • Options
    Don't point fingers with dirty hands
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    She is a " Human Rights" lawyer. About to make millions off us the mug tax payers --- all this publicity just bigging up her profile.
  • Options

She is a " Human Rights" lawyer. About to make millions off us the mug tax payers --- all this publicity just bigging up her profile.

Setting aside the fact she's not working at the moment, she's a junior barrister doing legal aid work. There are more juniors out there than you can shake a stick at: work is hard to come by without a good clerk putting briefs your way.

Her hourly rate, from which, being self-employed, she'd have to pay all her overheads including chambers costs and clerking fees, wigs, etc is £42.70: if she can find work at all. Meanwhile a rat catcher's fee would be around £70, a garage mechanic around £80 and the renowned Pimlico Plumbers charge between £120 and £200 depending on the time of day.

If she'd wanted to get rich, learning how to fix a leaking waste pipe and all about the wonders of PTFE tape might have been a better option for her.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

aliwibble said:

WSS said:

She ranted on about about him/men objectifying women, when clearly she has objectified men with comments such as "hot stuff" and "oh la la" when commenting on Facebook photos. Regardless of which website it was said on, it's the same thing.
    My feeling is if it had been a young "hot stuff" male who contacted her on LinkedIn she would have reacted entirely differently.
    But it isn't the same at all, is it? I can't imagine anyone would find it objectionable to tell a friend (regardless of gender) that they look good in a photo, especially not on a website that encourages people to comment on their friends' photos. Commenting on the appearance of someone that you don't know well during what is essentially a networking opportunity, strikes me as a very different scenario.
  • Options
    wow, just caught up with all this.

still don't care.
  • Options
    Grapevine49 with the hammer blow, as usual :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I stand to be corrected but I think the owners of LinkedIn are very much of the opinion they were a "public social networking domain" most importantly designed for the development of professional networking. Thus his comments would have been "public" to any other party to which she was linked on the network.

It seems a pretty weak argument to complain she then chose to take what were effectively comments in a public domain to a larger forum.

Grapevine, just to add a couple of points in here, both the request to be LinkedIn and the response are private. You don't get to see who your "connections" have asked to be connected to or what the responses were.

Puts things in a slightly different context. It was a private communication that has been made public. We can debate the rights and wrongs of what was said and whether making it public was right, but the decision to make tings public was entirely down to one person. And I suspect that person may end up regretting it more, in the long run.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited September 2015
    Gillis said:

DA9 said:

aliwibble said:

WSS said:

She ranted on about about him/men objectifying women, when clearly she has objectified men with comments such as "hot stuff" and "oh la la" when commenting on Facebook photos. Regardless of which website it was said on, it's the same thing.
    My feeling is if it had been a young "hot stuff" male who contacted her on LinkedIn she would have reacted entirely differently.
    But it isn't the same at all, is it? I can't imagine anyone would find it objectionable to tell a friend (regardless of gender) that they look good in a photo, especially not on a website that encourages people to comment on their friends' photos. Commenting on the appearance of someone that you don't know well during what is essentially a networking opportunity, strikes me as a very different scenario.
    Again, it's not about the website, she says she took offence as it was a professional website, and made statements as well that his comment objectified her, so how the hell when she was commenting hot stuff and oh la la not objectifying the men she said it to, friends or not, irrespective of what social media platform it was.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Grapevine49 with the hammer blow, as usual :)

Except he's made an incorrect assumption which undermines the "public knowledge" aspect of his analysis. Which in my view makes a difference.
  • Options
    What she did is just out and out nasty. Deliberately humiliated him.

If she was acting for me, I'd rescind her duties
  • Options

What she did is just out and out nasty. Deliberately humiliated him.

If she was acting for me, I'd rescind her duties

#euphemismalert
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Setting aside the fact she's not working at the moment, she's a junior barrister doing legal aid work. There are more juniors out there than you can shake a stick at: work is hard to come by without a good clerk putting briefs your way.

Her hourly rate, from which, being self-employed, she'd have to pay all her overheads including chambers costs and clerking fees, wigs, etc is £42.70: if she can find work at all. Meanwhile a rat catcher's fee would be around £70, a garage mechanic around £80 and the renowned Pimlico Plumbers charge between £120 and £200 depending on the time of day.

If she'd wanted to get rich, learning how to fix a leaking waste pipe and all about the wonders of PTFE tape might have been a better option for her.
    Yeah, but that's man's work, isn't it?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    LenGlover said:

Much Ado About Nothing comes to mind.

quite: http://www.quora.com/slang-or-origin-for-the-word-nothing-is-...
  • Options
    She should be happy for the compliment the bag of shit
  • Options
    whoooooooooa
  • Options

She should be happy for the compliment the bag of shit

She secretly loves it mate, they all do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And to think Team Evil Bitch Should Just Shut UP had been doing so well until now
  • Options
    Linkedin is a professional networking site Facebook and Twitter are social networking sites. I've just seen her on C4 news, which is neither, and it strikes me that she needs to lighten up a bit if she wants to meet a nice man who will look after her.