Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ref Today

Comments

• Options

The corner decision was a pure guess based on probability IMO - they saw it had come off someone in the wall and there were more Charlton than Rotherham players there, so from their point of view, having not seen it properly, it was "probably" a corner.

Exactly that, he guessed and got it wrong. How you can give something you patently having seen - because it didn't happen - is a shocker.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

The corner decision was a pure guess based on probability IMO - they saw it had come off someone in the wall and there were more Charlton than Rotherham players there, so from their point of view, having not seen it properly, it was "probably" a corner.

Exactly that, he guessed and got it wrong. How you can give something you patently having seen - because it didn't happen - is a shocker.
    And normally the benefit of doubt should be given to the defending team, well it was in the old days.
  • Options

Can't believe he left the fella unmarked at the far post for their goal

And Camp took no longer than Pope or Henderson in similar circumstances

Yes he was pony but I thought he was consistently pony either way

You obviously missed the Rotherham forward who went up in front of the scorer and feigned to handball it in. That's ungentlemanly conduct, because it puts players off.
    i noticed that too.

Still, should have had a player on the back post IMHO
  • Options
    Utterly inept refereeing ...but we should have been two up by then against a team of very poor quality so no excuse.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Total disgrace never a free kick then the ball clearly came of a Rotherham head in the wall even their players were walking back for a goal kick ... But he gives a corner and Goal ...

Then he books Diarra when it was Cousins

He was awful from start to finish found it a piss take that he spent time chatting and smiling with their players

This part especially. For one of their subs in the second half the ref signalled for sub to take place, then allowed himself to be drawn into conversation for almost a minute with a player in the centre circle, with the player going off casually walking to the touchline.
  • Options
    He did the straightest wall lines known to man though ....
  • Options

Can't believe he left the fella unmarked at the far post for their goal

And Camp took no longer than Pope or Henderson in similar circumstances

Yes he was pony but I thought he was consistently pony either way

You obviously missed the Rotherham forward who went up in front of the scorer and feigned to handball it in. That's ungentlemanly conduct, because it puts players off.
    I'm glad someone else has mentioned that. I was trying to tell my mate that is why the defence froze, he wasn't having it.
    I had a stand up rant that it should have been our fk for ungentlemanly conduct cos of the attempted punch for about 2 minutes for which I should apologise to those around me ;-)
  • Options
    Awful, absolutely awful.

2 linesman and a referee and still so many bad decisions given, for both teams. Their goal was the diamond jewel in the incompetent crown, not a foul and not a corner.

Booking of Diarra, absolute joke and the talking to Solly got for a tackle....onto Tuesday when I won't be surprised to see another poor bit of officiating.
  • Options
    The referee had no problems with Rugby League challenges, but didn't like proper clean tackles.

As per Watt getting close lined in a the first half...

You know the old saying: "There's no place for skill in't modern game!"
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I am sorry but that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The bloke was thrown of the Premier League list not not being good enough. Total rubbish, had to guess for a corner when it takes a massive deflection off the attacker. Clearly said the Solly booking was not a foul, the Lino then flags so not only does he overrule his own decision he books Solly!

So many times in the second half when play was being held up he was doing nowt about it as he was having 'chats' with other players, totally oblivous to what he should be doing, controlling the game. He will be one of the arrogant referees you get at all levels who love to talk to you during the game as they are there to 'help you through the game'. No your not, you are there to give decisions and butt out of the players trying to play the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Well I did warn you all of Mr Stroud on Wednesday morning on the match preview thread. Shortarse who takes no for an answer. However I would love to know who was supposedly marking their bloke for the tap in and give him a kick up that arse from the dodgy corner.
  • Options
    The ref's mistake on the 'corner' was no worse than us not marking properly at the corner
  • Options
    Shocking performance from the ref, but be honest we weren't great either.
  • Options
    I was right in line with the Kashi challenge and it looked to me 100% a free kick. Dark arts from Kashi, he knew exactly what he was doing, running across the man knowing he had to slow down a move that was going to end in a shot on goal, either by the player in the ball or the spare man to his left. Deffo free kick
  • Options
    Taking my bias hat off, he had a poor game and so did his officials!
    Firstly, the strange corner decision leading up to Rotherham's goal, the Rotherham players didn't even appeal for a corner!
    Harsh yellow card for Kashi wasn't there?
    The yellow card for Diarra I haven't seen but by his reaction it was wrongly given
  • Options
    Ref was appalling but we shouldn't have conceded that corner
  • Options
    Mr Stroud comes from Yorkshire doesn't he?
  • Options
    Diabolical ref, and it's not sour grapes as we didn't lose.

Can't say this about any footballer, but I genuinely think I could have done a better job than him for both sides this afternoon, and I've only ever refer a handful of Sunday morning games (exceptionally well I might add)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dizzee said:

Rotherham player should have been sporting and said, no it's a goal kick. How hard is it for these footballers to show a bit of respect towards each other and the game.

Seemingly it's impossible for them and has been thus for many years now. Mind you, the cricketers are just as bad these days. It's all quite sad really.
  • Options
    Wasn't it the lino who gave the "corner"? And who flagged up Solly for the "foul"? The ref was poor, fortunately it wasn't a difficult game to referee, but his ineptitude saved Ba from a red, after which Luzon rightly subbed him, And Poor defensive work cost us the goal.
  • Options

Ref was appalling but we shouldn't have conceded that corner

We didnt concede the corner... thats the issue
  • Options
    Driving to the game today with my son I mentioned the ref was the same one from the Blackburn game last year. I said to him the only way we won't win today would be to do with the ref. It frustrates me beyond reason when you know what's coming. I know we were not at our best but the refs awful display caused the goal and affected the way we played after. He also had the horrible habit of smiling after giving a decision against us. He also caused the crowd to react ( myself included ) which I didn't feel helped the players.
    Mr Stroud From myself and my son please don't come back!!!!
  • Options
    it's his job and he's shit at it.
  • Options

Wasn't it the lino who gave the "corner"? And who flagged up Solly for the "foul"?

That's what I thought. Not really the ref's fault in either case but poor officiating in both.
  • Options
    The Lino gave the corner and was insistent
  • Options
    Typical then... First time the Ref leaves a decision to one of his assistants and its against us!!
  • Options
    A player might get 5 marks out of ten one week and then 8 the next. It's the same with refs so I don't get cross about it anymore. If the Ref gave the corner on purpose, that would be a different story.