Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ref Today

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015
    If you type in incompetent in Google it comes up with this image...

• Options
    https://apps.facebook.com/mj-kick-the-ref/?fb_source=bookmark&ref=bookmarks&count=0&fb_bmpos=_0

There is this Facebook game hit the ref. I sometimes imagine it's Mick Russell or Keith Stroud. Then I imagine the ball that hits the cartoon ref's in the face is the lit end of a flare flying into either Stroud's or Russell's face LOL.
  • Options
    smsm
    edited September 2015

I am sorry but that ref was just .

No - he is responsible for his own actions - you can't blame his mum, she will have suffered enough already!
  • Options
    @AddickFC81 please don't write like that on here. You wouldn't under your own name on Facebook for example, so please not anonymously on here. Thank you
  • Options
    I think it would be fair to say that Mr Stroud did not have his best game, in a fact he was awful.
    He missed so much and made so many wrong calls it's not worth listing them.
    For me however his biggest crime was cowardice. He gave the easy calls, but bottled the big calls eg no censor whatever for their blatant second half time wasting feigning injury etc.
    The comparison with Mr Russell is valid another pathetically week ref. When are we going to learn to play these idiots, Rotherham had Stroud's number yesterday, just as Millwall played Russell to a T last season.
    The only comment I would make is that no Ref is a cheat, no matter how bad they are they are not not cheats.
    I use to ref Rugby, we had a saying " be Good, be bad, but more importantly, be consistent" . These two clowns are not referring to this maxim. Cheats however they are not.
    My last observation is never going to happen. When a ref makes a bad/ wrong call, we as the crowd react badly, I am one of the worst offenders. This absolutely the worst thing we could do. Do you really think they are unaware they may have got it wrong? Getting on their back makes them linger on it, a ref in the frame of mind is only a whistle from the next error, from then on its a downward spiral, players especially should not get on the refs case, he is not going to change his mind it will only make him dwell on a poor call.
  • Options

Not very nice.......

It has been slightly updated again.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Stroud

At the end of the day it's only a bit of harmless banter.
  • Options

The Lino gave the corner and was insistent

I think the lino reported Solly for foul and abusive language, because Solly gave him a right mouthful once he was flagged. There was a little gap for the conversation between lino and ref, then the yellow card came out.
  • Options
    Altough I have no particular knowledge, I am sure Curbs set his sides up not to make cynical tackles, not to get on the ref's back but the adage of it evening up never happened. There are some very poor refs out there and as mentioned above it is consistency that grates.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A bit off topic, but I'm just watching the American football and one of the match officials has gone down injured. When he got up and was stretchered off he got a standing ovation from the crowd. Do you reckon Stroud would have got the same yesterday if he'd been knocked out injured. :wink:
  • Options

Whoever injured him would have got the standing ovation

Would a Millwall or Palace get a standing ovation from Charlton fans if he injured Stroud?
  • Options

@AddickFC81 please don't write like that on here. You wouldn't under your own name on Facebook for example, so please not anonymously on here. Thank you

You should hear some of the garbage he comes out with at games...... threats of rape and all sorts.

I just wish my mum didn't have to hear it.
  • Options

Not very nice.......

It has been slightly updated again.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Stroud

At the end of the day it's only a bit of harmless banter.
    Hmm. Accusing someone of accepting bribes on a public forum sounds more like slander than harmless banter to me.

Shame the ref was poor but we didn't draw the game because of poor refereeing. Rotherham, after 5 games are the worst team in the division. We drew because we did not do enough to beat them. Simple.
  • Options
    Just a thought . We haven't had that nice Trevor Kettle for some time .
    I hope he's retired .
  • Options

If you type in incompetent in Google it comes up with this image...

Young Barry Chuckle ?

• Options

I hope he's retired .

You will see him tomorrow night. 4th official
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

I hope he's retired .

Fortunately I wont . I'm in Portugal until next week .

• Options

Whoever injured him would have got the standing ovation

Would a Millwall or Palace get a standing ovation from Charlton fans if he injured Stroud?
    They would from me :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

I hope he's retired .

Guess he's a bit off the boil to be the actual Referee at the moment then?
  • Options
    Useless, midget tosser......clueless and inept
  • Options
    A bad performance by the ref not helped by two equally poor assistants
  • Options
    This was my first game in six years and I can say making refs professional has not improved them one bit. If I did my job as bad I would be sacked and I am self employed!!!!

Over from Perth and it was good to see them play and I am there on Tuesday to.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The ref was indeed poor, but even good refs will miss things and if you don’t know whose head it came off of, what other option do you have but to guess? It was unprofessional of our players not to focus on defending the corner. It was a corner after all and not a penalty. Solly made a great tackle and got the ball, but if he swore at an official you can’t really moan too much.

In defence of Rotherham, they did what they had to do to get something form the game. I would have done the same. Yes, the ref could have been more assertive – but it is a contention of mine and has been for some time, that the best refs played the game to a certain level and understand things that the refs that didn’t don’t. I can spot them a mile off and this ref is a not played the game merchant. Don’t think we should put all the blame on him for the result though.

My son qualified as a ref at the end of last season, and was told to give up playing football if he wanted to officiate on a Sunday. That is your problem with refs and why they produce these crap ones. They have no insight as to the importance of understanding the game at the player's level. They are so smug when they meet each other about pro footballers not knowing the laws of the game etc... but they don't realise what their deficiencies are. There are of course some excellent refs, but Stroud is not one of them and maybe when it is clear they are not up to it, they should be removed sooner. If he isn't fit for the Premiership - what makes him fit for the Championship?
  • Options
    On a side note it wasnt just us who had a bad decision go against us this Weekend.

Did anyone see the Blackburn goal that would have made it 2-2 against Fulham yesterday... Ball hit Grant Hanley in the chest and ball was clearly across the line (as the Fulham Defender was half way in the goal before hooking it out)
  • Options

The ref was indeed poor, but even good refs will miss things and if you don’t know whose head it came off of, what other option do you have but to guess?

I can understand this if, it was during open play, however this was a set piece. No excuse from the officials.
  • Options

The ref was indeed poor, but even good refs will miss things and if you don’t know whose head it came off of, what other option do you have but to guess?

I can understand this if, it was during open play, however this was a set piece. No excuse from the officials.
    It should have been seen - my point was aimed more at our players for allowing it to make them switch off.
  • Options
    I think that's disgusting whoever changed that wiki page. Change it back.

He wasn't good and made, along with the linesman really bad calls but honestly corrupting Wikipedia is a disgrace. Total disgrace.

Sort it out.
  • Options

Useless, midget tosser......clueless and inept

Welcome to CL, Mrs Stroud.