Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Huddersfield | Tue 15 Sept | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I did predict that we would be complacent against Rotherham. I hoped a leader would come to the fore; but no. Solly is not a captain.

We will not be complacent against Huddersfield and therefore we will win. Should have bought Jacko on with 15 to go Saturday as we need someone to drive us forward when things are going wrong.

Who though?
  • Options
    turgid 1-1.
  • Options
    No it's vetokele's unfit nickname :)
  • Options
    2-0 to Charlton.
  • Options
    I'm going for 2 Charlton goals in the first half and then 1 each in the second. It's the only chance of keeping the boy awake throughout the game, he fell asleep at 8.15 tonight watching West Ham Newcastle on the TV. Mind due I nearly did as well.
  • Options
    Well, an anagram of Huddersfield Town football club is 'Full-blooded, fluent switchboard'.
    So for that reason, 2-0 to the Addicks.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    and 'Truncated Full-Blooded Fishbowl'
    So for that reason too, 2-0 to the Addicks.

• Options

I'm going for 2 Charlton goals in the first half and then 1 each in the second. It's the only chance of keeping the boy awake throughout the game, he fell asleep at 8.15 tonight watching West Ham Newcastle on the TV. Mind due I nearly did as well.

Mind due?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you fall asleep overnight in your front garden?
  • Options
    Mind you
  • Options
    Don't know what happened there I think I was going back to a year I spent in Waayells and wrote it down off the pronunciation. :(
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I did predict that we would be complacent against Rotherham. I hoped a leader would come to the fore; but no. Solly is not a captain.

We will not be complacent against Huddersfield and therefore we will win. Should have bought Jacko on with 15 to go Saturday as we need someone to drive us forward when things are going wrong.

Who though?

Er, Jacko?
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Who though?

Er, Jacko?
    Yup, gets my vote. Think we should have a good vice captain who starts matches as well though.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Mind due?
    Evidence of auto-correct or voice recognition, in either case not checking one's text before posting is evidence of a slapdash attitude. Would you want that sort of person doing your heart transplant or marrying your daughter? Straight red!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

Who though?

Er, Jacko?
    Yup, gets my vote. Think we should have a good vice captain who starts matches as well though.
    Dont forget you've got Diarra... Just because someone doesnt wear the armband doesnt mean that they should sit back and let Solly do all that work.

Ideally you'd want 11 leaders on the pitch
  • Options
    Unfortunately I genuinely typed mind due and it was only when JaShea99 commented did I realise I had spelt it wrong :(
  • Options
    I want to win this game, we need to win tonight, and if it means CP getting the elbow, well that's football, although I don't wish that apon the great man. Huddersfield have screwed him selling there 3 best players. I don't hold much hope for him staying there for the season. 2-0 to us. Watt and Mak to score.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

I want to win this game, we need to win tonight, and if it means CP getting the elbow, well that's football, although I don't wish that apon the great man. Huddersfield have screwed him selling there 3 best players. I don't hold much hope for him staying there for the season. 2-0 to us. Watt and Mak to score.

Know that your saying in terms of not wanting CP to get the sack... In truth this really article has made me think about Management sackings a lot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34152962

A poignant story in Calvin's book describes one cherished Sunday morning Robinson spent with his nine-year-old daughter, the day after a defeat. As they were walking around a local lake, a fan spotted them laughing and shouted at Robinson: "You find losing funny, do you?"

Robinson bit his lip and walked on. Cool on the outside, boiling on the inside. What a way to treat a man who loves the game, maybe even more than you do.

Really good quote, as in my eyes, if you've had the guts to get your coaching badges etc... If your happy to work 12-hours per day dealing with training and everything that goes with it, then you must love the game more than the average joe because you've got more motivation than the man in the street, because if he loves Football so much, why hasnt he worked his guts off to get to the same stage?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been thinking about the games versus Hudds in our 1999/2000 title season.

The game over the Christmas period at their place was when I really started to believe we were on to something special. Think Robbo scored an absolute screamer - but was also the game that Youds got his career ending injury wasnt it?

Then at our place, didnt Clyde Wynjhard (sp??) ruin our promotion party?
  • Options
    Think the team will suffer complacency like many on here - 0-1 loss
  • Options

The game over the Christmas period at their place was when I really started to believe we were on to something special. Think Robbo scored an absolute screamer - but was also the game that Youds got his career ending injury wasnt it?

Not sure about Youds but Robbo did score an absolute belter in our 1-2 victory , I went to it but think it was also live on the box ..... So you can imagine how packed it was in the away end for a table topping team like ourselves
    Huddersfield beat us 0-1 possibly on a Friday night maybe another live one as we stumbled our way over the line
  • Options
    If Big Mak partners Watt, then we will be back to winning ways, if not then a draw.
  • Options
    Frustrating 0-0
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Back to winning ways. 2-0 JBG and Watt. Wouldn't be surprised if Powell is sacked if Hudds lose

That's my thinking too. Would hate for us to be the cause of another sacking of Chris Powell - but also want us back to winning ways - maybe with a bit of a bang and a 3-1 win

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Who though?

Jacko
  • Options

Not sure about Youds but Robbo did score an absolute belter in our 1-2 victory , I went to it but think it was also live on the box ..... So you can imagine how packed it was in the away end for a table topping team like ourselves
    Huddersfield beat us 0-1 possibly on a Friday night maybe another live one as we stumbled our way over the line
    I went as well. Pretty sure it was a midday kick-off. Remember leaving at stupid-o'clock and being in a proper country pub at about 9am. It was bloody freezing.

But as already said, that performance and result finally had me believing that season was going to be a special one.
  • Options
    Was the first game of 2000 as well... Remember there being special programmes that either cost £10 (for a Gold one) or £5 (for a Silver one).

Wanted to go to the match just to get one of these as they sell out before any spares came back to the Valley where you could buy back issues
  • Options

First game I remember watching on TV. Robinson's goal is still very vivid in my mind. :-)