Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket vs Pakistan (in UAE)

Comments

• Options
    3-0 off 4
  • Options
    3-0 off 5
  • Options
    What is this all about???!???
  • Options
    This is infuriating.. What stopped him doing this in his allotted overs?
  • Options
    3-1 off Super Over.
    WHERE did that over come from ???!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Cannot believe that over!!
  • Options
    England need 4 off Super Over. !!
  • Options
    What a great over. I groaned when I knew it was Jordan bowling. Well done him.
  • Options
    Buttler and Morgan to open for England
  • Options
    Afridi to bowl for Pak.
    I'll give it 2 balls.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-0 off 1
  • Options
    1-0 off 2
  • Options
    1-0 off 3
  • Options
    2-0 off 4
  • Options
    4-0 off 5
    England win !
  • Options
    PAK cock-up on trying to do run-out for 2nd run !!
  • Options
    Now that's a 3-0 I like!!!
  • Options
    Good entertainment that.
    One question for the cricket experts:
    After 20 overs, we were 154-8, Pakistan were 154-7. So why isn't the number of wickets to fall a factor in the result?
    Not complaining, like. Just wondering.
  • Options
    What an over by Jordan too. 3 balls down the leg side, one just wide of off stump yorker and a leg wicket ruined.
  • Options

Good entertainment that.
    After 20 overs, we were 154-8, Pakistan were 154-7. So why isn't the number of wickets to fall a factor in the result?

Simply because in this competition that they decided wickets do not matter. I think its part of the general direction of trying to provide more entertainment - bloody hell, whats gone wrong with cricket, i mean..entertainment !! - and to try to promote Super Over - which TBH i think is brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015
    1StevieG said:

What an over by Jordan too. 3 balls down the leg side, one just wide of off stump yorker and a leg wicket ruined.

Yep, as much as i think he's a donkey, it was a great over - then again, he had to bowl one at some time !
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Yep, as much as i think he's a donkey, it was a great over - then again, he had to bowl at some time !
    I got England batsmen right but not the bowler for the super over. Thought Woakes would get the ball and a few others before Jordan but hey, what do I know!
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Good entertainment that.

Simply because in this competition that they decided wickets do not matter. I think its part of the general direction of trying to provide more entertainment - bloody hell, whats gone wrong with cricket, i mean..entertainment !! - and to try to promote Super Over - which TBH i think is brilliant.
    As Bumble mentioned if the super over was tied it would not have been a super duper over but would have gone down to boundaries scored which also makes it more interesting.....

Edit: which would mean Pakistan winning scoring 3 boundaries more.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Good entertainment that.

As Bumble mentioned if the super over was tied it would not have been a super duper over but would have gone down to boundaries scored which also makes it more interesting.....

Which sorta shows how shit PAK are at running !
  • Options
    Oh, fell asleep.

We won then...

Good good.

:-)
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Good entertainment that.

Which sorta shows how shit PAK are at running !
    Yep. More interested in clubbing out the ground than working the ball around.
  • Options
    ICC Test Team Of The Year

David Warner (Aus)
    Alastair Cook (C) (Eng)
    Kane Williamson (NZ)
    Younis Khan (Pak)
    Steve Smith (Aus)
    Joe Root (Eng)
    Sarfraz Ahmed (Pak)
    Stuart Broad (Eng)
    Trent Boult (NZ)
    Yasir Shah (Pak)
    Josh Hazlewood (Aus)

So no Indian players and no South Africans either even though they are ranked, by a country mile, the current World's best Test Team. Just goes to show that SA are a team and we have three or four world class players.

No English players in the ODI version:

Tillakaratne Dilshan (SL)
    Hashim Amla (SA)
    Kumar Sangakkara (SL)
    A B V (SA)
    Steve Smith (Aus)
    Ross Taylor (NZ)
    Trent Boult (NZ)
    Mohammed Shami (India)
    Mitchell Starc (Aus)
    Mustafizur Rahman (Bang)
    Imran Tahir (SA)

So Smith and Boult are the only players to appear in both team though Joe Root is 12th man in the ODI side. Some consolation I suppose!

• Options
    Carrying drinks for piggy... Not much consolation!
  • Options
    Loving the tail on that ODI side :D Starc would bat 7 but yeah Boult really would be tussling with Shami for 8 lol