Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket vs Pakistan (in UAE)

1252627282931»

Comments

• Options
    Watching SA right now……England have got to be favourites. This is maybe the biggest joke performance by a #1-ranked team in living memory
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Watching SA right now……England have got to be favourites. This is maybe the biggest joke performance by a #1-ranked team in living memory

If only the pitches turned in SA and we had a couple of spinners to skittle them.

Bouncy non turning pitches will create a more solid top order for SA.

• Options
    They moved ABV up to bat at 4 because of the fear of losing partners. Hasn't helped much - he's 38 not out and having to bat with Piedt with just Morne Morkel and Tahir to come.
  • Options
    This pitch isn't all that dissimilar from a South African pitch. They've looked clueless against the Indian quicks let alone the spinners
  • Options
    The loss of Smith,Kallis and other stalwarts like Peterson have hampered their batting line-up.
    Bowling looks a little light in the spin dept.
  • Options
    Also, no Steyn and Philander is a big loss.
    Anyone know if they will be fit for England tour?
  • Options
    Philander tore ligaments in his Ankle which is usually around a 6-10week recovery/rehab process. I think I'm right in saying he is almost certainly ruled out of the first test and possible the second depending how is recovery goes.

Steyn had a groin strain, most likely will be fit for the Boxing Day test if not, then I'd imagine 100% fit for the second test.
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Philander tore ligaments in his Ankle which is usually around a 6-10week recovery/rehab process. I think I'm right in saying he is almost certainly ruled out of the first test and possible the second depending how is recovery goes.

Steyn had a groin strain, most likely will be fit for the Boxing Day test if not, then I'd imagine 100% fit for the second test.

Cheers Andy
  • Options
    South Africa are bringing a whole new meaning to "Test" cricket. They are currently 40-1 off 39 overs. Amla is 6* off 113 balls!

At this rate SA should reach their target of 441 by Christmas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now 40-1 off 40 overs !

As an aside, i was watching the T20 from Durban the other day, which is where the First Test match v England starts on Boxing Day - and the commentators were saying that they believed this was a mistake because Durban will play straight into Englands(Jimmy's) hands as it always moves around there under normally humid conditions.
    Of course, it wont help Steyn whtsoever!
  • Options
    Damn, Amla has hit a four !
  • Options
    49 after 50 overs. Magnificent stuff
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Motoring along - 61-2 off 62. Does the RPO caption cope with it ? (following via Cricinfo).
    At this rate, it will take them another 420 overs to win it.
  • Options
    At end of Play SA were 72-2 off 72 overs- helped by a last over four.
    Hashim Amla has 23 runs off 207 balls - that's the equivalent of 34 overs.!!
  • Options

At end of Play SA were 72-2 off 72 overs- helped by a last over four.
    Hashim Amla has 23 runs off 207 balls - that's the equivalent of 34 overs.!!

Sometimes we need to appreciate what we have. And Amla's innings has made the Snail look like a tortoise.
  • Options
    Whenever i watch cricket from India it always looks hazy - is that pollution?
  • Options

Or cataracts.
  • Options

Or cataracts.
    Cheers CE - they must be Indian cataracts then.