Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn v Charlton | Sat 19 Sept | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I think Bergdich will be in for Fox at left back. It will be interesting to see how he does. Who knows which Charlton team will turn up for this one. I'll go for a Desmond.
  • Options
    Sorry you are not doing running commentary Red, I hope someone else can have a go for us who like to know what is happening. As Tuesday, if I can add any extra comments, I will do
  • Options
    I am not sure that Makienok will play. He came off on Tuesday holding his left hammy which is still strapped with plenty of tape. I think he had tweaked it again, and that will keep him out for a couple of weeks at least until it is better. If he keeps on playing with it, it will not heal, so that's why I think he will be missing. If Watt and Igor do play, with Macaleny in support, it will allow KAG to come on at some stage - he has been underused recently, and he still needs all the experience he can get. Better to play the innocence of youth than to have sub-standard displays from others.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your sad news Fanny. Maybe a comfortable 4-0 away will take the edge of your sadness for a while.
  • Options
    not going up been there a few times, going palace and Cardiff so couldn't justify spending money on this one, don't think we will win 1-0 to them, usual grim northern away day.
  • Options
    Look at the ref - we haven't got a chance.
  • Options
    from the os

Carl Boyeson will take charge at Ewood Park on Saturday afternoon.

It will be the first time the East Yorkshire-based official has refereed a game involving the Addicks since the 1-1 draw with Derby County at The Valley in December 2012 in which he showed Michael Morrison a red card for two bookable offences.

He also sent off a Charlton player during his previous outing with the South Londoners, dismissing Darrell Russell in a 1-0 defeat at Huddersfield in March 2012.

Boyeson has refereed six games so far this season, dishing out 16 yellow cards, but has yet to produce a red
  • Options

He also sent off a Charlton player during his previous outing with the South Londoners, dismissing Darrell Russell in a 1-0 defeat at Huddersfield in March 2012.

Wasnt he the prick who should have sent off Antony Kay in that match for a really poor challenge on Wagstaff (?)
  • Options
    Normally when everyone predicts a loss we turn up with a good result.

It'll be tough but if our attacking players are on form then we'll win imo
  • Options

Luzon beginning to get sussed out by the oppo.

Such a meaningless sentence. "Sussed out". What does that mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Luzon beginning to get sussed out by the oppo.

Such a meaningless sentence. "Sussed out". What does that mean?
    Would "Found Out" be more to your liking?

A bit like Bob Peeters was last year.
  • Options
    Bergdich for fox
    0-1 charlton
  • Options
    After the last two results I have not got a clue!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your mum, Fanny - my condolences to you and the family.

It's difficult to be optimistic about tomorrow, especially as Blackburn are still awaiting their first win after being pegged back so late on at QPR. That said, we do have some very good players in this team and Charlton often seem to perform well when least expected. Let's hope they do so tomorrow.
  • Options
    If carl Boyeson is the ref, I'd lump on Blackburn to win.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    1-0 Charlton. Short and Sweet. I'm not gunna get ahead of myself
  • Options
    This morning, I woke up and fell out of bed. I managed to drag a comb across my head, then found my way down the stairs and drank a cup. Looking up I noticed I was late, so I found my coat, grabbed my hat and made the bus in seconds flat. I made my way upstairs and had a smoke, then I remember that somebody spoke to me but then I went into a dream.

I had this dream that Charlton won 10-0 at Blackburn. You never know I might be right. Try and pick the holes in that idea.
  • Options
    Watched Blackburn v Fulham last week and they were unlucky and looked quite good. It's always good to play charlton when you need your luck to change.
    They bullied us twice last year at our place and don't fancy us at the mo against a team like this. I do continuously live in hope though.
  • Options
    Watched Blackburn v Fulham last week and they were unlucky and looked quite good. It's always good to play charlton when you need your luck to change.
    They bullied us twice last year at our place and don't fancy us at the mo against a team like this. I do continuously live in hope though.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your good wishes , guys.

It's much appreciated.
    xx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2015
    As Jose Mourinho is finding out, if 7 or 8 players are poor and the rest including subs are average you will lose if you are ?
    Chelski in the Prem.
    CAFC in the champ.
    Dog and Duck 2nd 11 in the Tandridge 10th Division.

The only difference is i don't expect that many players to be off their game.
    (except the Dog and Duck)

The Blackburn game ?

I 'll go for a Desmond or a Bishop, same thing

• Options
    0-0 as the return of Diarra means we keep things tight at the back but we don't have enough going forward to seriously trouble Blackburn either.
  • Options
    Just read the BBC preview. Interesting they say "Only Birmingham's Clayton Donaldson has more Championship assists than Simon Makienok (3)." lets hope he's fit enough to start. They also say "Manager Guy Luzon is likely to recall Alou Diarra, despite concerns over his ability to play a second match in four days."....err - not sure how they work that one out!
  • Options
    Sincere sympathies FF. Am in Tenerife at the moment by lease pass on my best wishes to Richard and your family.
  • Options
    waldo said:

Sincere sympathies FF. Am in Tenerife at the moment by lease pass on my best wishes to Richard and your family.

Thanks, waldo.

We'll be there for our week on 2nd October & think we'll need it by then.

• Options
    edited September 2015

This morning, I woke up and fell out of bed. I managed to drag a comb across my head, then found my way down the stairs and drank a cup. Looking up I noticed I was late, so I found my coat, grabbed my hat and made the bus in seconds flat. I made my way upstairs and had a smoke, then I remember that somebody spoke to me but then I went into a dream.

I had this dream that Charlton won 10-0 at Blackburn. You never know I might be right. Try and pick the holes in that idea.

I thought you might have dreamt about 4000 holes
  • Options
    Oh dear? Blackburn away with our current form? Nothing but a 3-0 defeat. Rhodes with a brace.
  • Options

Oh dear? Blackburn away with our current form? Nothing but a 3-0 defeat. Rhodes with a brace.

Where's that dislike button!?
  • Options

We have tickets for the match but sadly lost my 95 year old Mum yesterday morning so have decided to abandon our plans.

I don't give predictions but SO hope that the faithful making the trip see a hugely improved performance than the one on Tuesday evening.

Please make some noise for me.

Hope they do well for you Jean, and give you some cheer at this sad time.

• Options
    3 of us en route

Just left from beckenham