Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace v Charlton | Wed 23 Sept | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015
    As much as detest their very existance i think we will be well beaten.

HOWEVER if we do beat the stripey nomark bastards... a small corner of Strood tonight may well be woken from its slumber by yours truly screaming "GET THE FUCK IN!!!!" at the top of my voice.

3-1 to the jammy Surrey fuckers
  • Options
    sorry cant see anything out of this, I reckon Pardew will put out a nearly full strength squad, we on the other hand will maybe play 3 or 4 regular first teamer's tops, mixed with U21's and reserve squad members. palace to win 2-0. Match Thread from 6.45pm (unless there's a live stream somewhere). apologies for being negative and I really hope i'm 100% wrong.
  • Options
    Lose to a 2 goal margin - ''If we can find early season good form.
    IMO Guy Luzon suggestion of resting key players maybe a cop out to lighten the blow - adding to his latest failures and another probable defeat.
    Fingers crossed hoping Palace have an off day!
  • Options
    Called the Blackburn score though not on here and hope that i am wrong but cant see anything other than at least a 4-0 drubbing.
  • Options
    I've been correct with previous 3 results so tonight somehow 1-0 Charlton we get pummelled all game but somehow we manage to nick it.
  • Options
    I think we will give a good account of ourselves but will ultimately go down possibly 2-1 Palarse. Would like to go through but much more important we get back on track in the league at Cardiff.
  • Options
    philcafc said:

I think we will give a good account of ourselves but will ultimately go down possibly 2-1 Palarse. Would like to go through but much more important we get back on track in the league at Cardiff.

Knowing Charlton we'll win 5-0 tonight... Be joyous on here, Charlton are back, the blip is over... and then lose 6-0 at Cardiff!!
  • Options
    may just be due to work, but nowhere near as excited about this tonight as i thought i would be
  • Options
    Gave a colleague a lift this morning and as she doesn't like football took it upon myself to explain the entire history of the animosity between us and Palace. When it transpired she had an ex who was from Croydon who made out that he was Mr London, I became even more passionate in slating the Nigels. So now I am fully pumped up.......to listen to the occasional updates on Radio 5....
    I've even convinced myself we have a chance :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

may just be due to work, but nowhere near as excited about this tonight as i thought i would be

Likewise.

In fact, I've just started my lunch break and this morning has gone far too quickly.

I want the day to go slowly because I can't say I'm looking forward to tonight, I fear that it could become embarrassing.

Still, you never know ...
  • Options
    Fearing embarrassment too, but still struggling to think about anything else. Like work.
  • Options
    Oh and to add...

Both of the MD's at work are Palace fans, brilliant ...
  • Options
    Dont want us to take a hiding but could see it happening if they score early, that said if we score early and hold on till the last 20 i could see us getting another on the counter! Here's to hoping!
  • Options
    Embarrassed? Behave
  • Options
    I didn't mean I would personally be embarrassed. I meant that I'm fearing Charlton being embarrassed and completely ruined by Palace.
  • Options
    1-2 win, Watt and Jackson (90th min winner....cue mental celebrations)

;)
  • Options
    I should be buzzing for a local derby like this but can't get motivated for it for some reason! Maybe when I get to the dive it might kick in a bit... can't see past a 3-0 loss though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Expecting a defeat but hoping for a win, will take any result if our boys put in a battling performance, i can take them being better then us, they should be they have all that premier league money to chuck around on players but i can't take it if our team bottles it or if Luzon throws this chance away by dropping first team players who are not injured.

So everything in my head is pointing towards a defeat but i always go with my heart when it comes to predictions so screw it, 2-1 win for the Mighty Addicks, Ahearne-Grant with first then Watt with a late winner to send Luzon sprinting down the pitch ideally knocking Pardew to the floor by "accident" on his way, COYR!
  • Options
    Expecting to get beaten badly, but i may have to be physcially removed from selhurst if we win!
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

philcafc said:

Knowing Charlton we'll win 5-0 tonight... Be joyous on here, Charlton are back, the blip is over... and then lose 6-0 at Cardiff!!
    I'd take that all day.
    Take the win over Cardiff every day of the week. We ain't gonna win the cup. We MUST stay up.
  • Options
    What boozer is everyone drinking in?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

What boozer is everyone drinking in?

All of them.
  • Options
    I cant remember a time when we were so convinced of a defeat against Palace.

Might only look at the result at full time, so I get the disappointment in one hit, rather than keep checking and getting more and more gutted as the game goes on.
  • Options
    I fear an easy Palace win, maybe even a pasting, 3 or 4 nil (we've forgotten how to score)

FWIW I also think we will go down narrowly at Cardiff (because believe it or not some of you, you don't get to choose either/or with these 2 games :smile:
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    cafctom said:

Very much doubt we will be running out 3-1 winners with both KAG and Kennedy up top.

Very much doubt we will be running out 3-1 winners.