Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace v Charlton | Wed 23 Sept | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I'm a believer!!!
  • Options
    The nigel baiting has been fun over on Twitter the past couple of days. Just expecting a good fun night out, and if a result comes of it then great. Not going to be too down if we get beat.

I'll be even more annoyed if we just play a reserve team and give them the game.
  • Options

Trip up to Victoria with about 50 Charlton fans. Been interesting. #CAFC #CPFC

— Brad Pinard (@Brad_Pinard) September 23, 2015
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 4-0
  • Options
    At the risk of sounding like a wet blanket, I expect a comfortable Palace win, and the atmosphere to sag amongst the Charlton fans as reality strikes.

Followed by a miserable journey back to the station, with hoards of police keeping the gloating Palace fans away from from angry Charlton fans...
  • Options
    I see Palace wheeling out all the old Charlton/Palace players on their Facebook page. Mark Bright 'We always dominate them don't we'
  • Options

Comfortable away win 4-0

FYI it's at Selhurst.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For those interested in Ketts team, here is his prediction, hope he does not mind me putting this here:

Pope; Cousins, Diarra, Bauer, Bergdich; Kennedy, Ba, Jackson, McAleny; Vetokele, Ahearne-Grant.

Subs: Mitov, Sarr, Lennon, Fox, Kashi, Charles-Cook, Gudmundsson.

In my opinion, for what it's worth,
    Pope; Charles-Cook, Sarr, Bauer, Fox; Kennedy, Cousins, Jackson, McAleny; Watt, Ahearne-Grant.

Subs: Mitov, Diarra, Bergdich, Kashi, Ba, Moussa, Gudmundsson.
  • Options
    If Guy puts out a weakened side and we get well beat then he'll lose a lot of faith from the fans.

Watt at least has to be on the bench
  • Options
    Why beat up a load of children and OAPs on the way to a match between the two sides at Shithurst.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Charlton fans have never shown aggression this way to Palace, and I'm not being biased but have our fans ever started any fights between the two clubs (Never heard anything reported)

So if a Palace 'Ultra' can explain that one for me?
  • Options
    Need to save all efforts for the up coming relegation battle. A humbling defeat, where all the new players are introduced to the " the fans turn up, whilst we act like 11 girls and do fuck all " world of Charlton cup football. 0 to us pick anything you like from 2 up for them. God I hope I'm wrong but, it's the way we do it.
  • Options

Don't wanna bump into this maniac. Be careful on that bus guys.
  • Options

E=mc2 said:

Lose to a 2 goal margin - ''If we can find early season good form.
    IMO Guy Luzon suggestion of resting key players maybe a cop out to lighten the blow - adding to his latest failures and another probable defeat.
    Fingers crossed hoping Palace have an off day!

We have key players????

You got a point lol ;)
  • Options
    As long as we don't get humiliated I will be happy.

3-0 to the Nigels
  • Options

As long as we don't get humiliated I will be happy.

3-0 to the Nigels

What 3-0 isn't humiliating??
    They will gloat for years
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

How about we pick our strongest team and have a proper go, as Birmingham did at Villa last night? All this resting players and Cardiff is more important, is bollox. This is a local derby against the Nigel's. I can still remember Ray Tracey's goals at Selhurst 45 years ago, that's how long a famous win will stick in the memory.</blockqu

Remember that match like yesterday TT.
    Near 40,000 crowd, Tees, Treacy and the great Graham Moore unplayable that night.
    Still one of my favourite away matches in over 50 years. .
    Palace missed a pen. HaHa.

• Options
    Playing for pride tonight. Can't see us winning but good luck to the boys!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw my first game at Palace way back in 1974. But sorry I can't be there tonight - age has wearied me!

But for those going, please adhere to the Charlton way of never taking a step backwards against these *****. Be proud and sing loud. And stay safe.

Going out for a meal tonight as can't stand the thought of losing to these *****. But if I get home and find we have won you will hear the cheer go up from 25 miles away.

• Options
    CHARLTON | Pope, Solly, Diarra, Sarr, Fox, Kennedy, Cousins, Ba, Bergdich, McAleny, Ahearne-Grant #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    SUBS | Mitov, Bauer, Lennon, Kashi, Holmes-Dennis, Gudmundsson, Watt #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    So, what happened to JJ
  • Options
    ross1 said:

So, what happened to JJ

Good question. If he is fit, then GL is playing with fire in not even putting him on the bench.
  • Options

A swift cup exit .. though let's hope the club makes a good few quid from the tie

They could stick some money on us losing they'd make some quick cash there..
  • Options
    South London and proud!!!! Those sad Nigels keep saying this phrase, even their chairman, like some sort of mantra? Say it more and you will believe it?? Such a nothing club. They just give us so much to laugh at its untrue. We are on a bad run, their team costs so much more than ours, our bad record against them, 3-0 to them. But it will change in time. Oh and Salako, you were a nothing player for us and I am pleased you are back at your nothing club.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    What a shocking team

Good luck lads, but for your own sakes.. I hope it's not a cricket score!
  • Options
    Very little leadership there, which is a problem for us on the pitch in general. I would say of that team, Diarra, Solly and Cousins need to be our leaders.

Also, could dropping Watt, JBG etc be a way of GL telling them, they've not been up to scratch?