Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's not you, its me..

13»

Comments

• Options

It's football in general, not Charlton. in no particular order the things that lead to antipathy IMO are:

- EPPP meaning we are robbed of the chance of seeing many excellent young players and don't even get fair recompense.

-failure of FFP meaning the noble way of running a club with minimal losses in the championship is gone.

- ludicrous parachute payments, distorting competition.

- billionaire owners dropping now into the Champ and further distorting comp

- crazy PL wages meaning any half decent player gets snapped up and no bond is built or team is built over time.

- increasing number of foreign players meaning little local connection to the club.

- owners who never go, never talk to fans.

- all seater stadiums eroding atmosphere and increasing prices.

- more competition for entertainment meaning smaller crowds.

Couldn't agree more. And it all adds up to............
  • Options

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Whatever happened to Richard Murray, he is still chairman and used to talk to the fans, or has RD told him not to say anything unless told what to say by him?

He is non executive Chairman, which means he has about as much power/clout as you or I.

Yes he was retained as a possible English mouthpiece/spokesperson and maybe to give a view, but that's about it.
    But he never says anything, except at Henry's meetings
    Point of order. They are not "Henry's" meetings. They are Bromley Addicks meetings of which I am just one of the committee members. I just publicise them.

And RM also did Q & As for years for VIPs, shareholders, other supporters groups and even a secret one for the Trust, not just Bromley.
    Sorry Henry, could not remember which branch you were with. But I am talking about know, when did Murray last come out with a worthwhile statement. Do not get me wrong, I was all behind Murray up until Curbs left
  • Options
    edited September 2015

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Whatever happened to Richard Murray, he is still chairman and used to talk to the fans, or has RD told him not to say anything unless told what to say by him?

He is non executive Chairman, which means he has about as much power/clout as you or I.

Yes he was retained as a possible English mouthpiece/spokesperson and maybe to give a view, but that's about it.
    Point of order. They are not "Henry's" meetings. They are Bromley Addicks meetings of which I am just one of the committee members. I just publicise them.

And RM also did Q & As for years for VIPs, shareholders, other supporters groups and even a secret one for the Trust, not just Bromley.
    Point of Order. The RM Trust meeting was not secretive at all. I am hardly ITK and wasn't a member at the time but went along, paid membership on the night and listened to him.
  • Options

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Point of Order. The RD Trust meeting was not secretive at all. I am hardly ITK and wasn't a member at the time but went along, paid membership on the night and listened to him.
    So tell us what was said.

Only you can't because it was kept secret from anyone who wasn't there as you well know.

Bit like the next trust AGM. Not much news about that even though it is overdue.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Point of Order. The RD Trust meeting was not secretive at all. I am hardly ITK and wasn't a member at the time but went along, paid membership on the night and listened to him.

Only you can't because it was kept secret from anyone who wasn't there as you well know.

Bit like the next trust AGM. Not much news about that even though it is overdue.
    I also went to the Bromley one where RM spoke and asked for no one to post on fan sites afterwards. Bit pot and kettle here I think.

As I recall he talked about the Olympic stadium, the ACV (or whatever it is called) and other such things. Not so much about the goings on at CAFC from and operational point of view...BUT this is a couple of years back now I reckon and my memory is not as good as yours.

Ps. Just amended my post above to RM from RD.... Too many R's!
  • Options

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

I also went to the Bromley one where RM spoke and asked for no one to post on fan sites afterwards. Bit pot and kettle here I think.

As I recall he talked about the Olympic stadium, the ACV (or whatever it is called) and other such things. Not so much about the goings on at CAFC from and operational point of view...BUT this is a couple of years back now I reckon and my memory is not as good as yours.

Bit of too little too late there.

What did he say about the Olympic Stadium?

Fact it that it was a secret as I said.

No mention of your AGM I note. Is that a secret too?
  • Options
    This is a question I have pondered for some time, as I have heard it many times now, but only in the last few years.

I think the answer is this: our club changed into something different when it fought the struggle to get it back to the Valley, it became a fans football club run by fans. Since the sale to TJ and then RD that situation has been eroded to what you have today - no longer any real fan element involved. Hence some feel little or no affinity in the same way. I expect there are other factors as well but I feel this is it mainly.

When you speak to fans from other clubs like I did while working for the Trust you realise we were held up as an example of fans and club in unison.

• Options
    edited September 2015

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Bit of too little too late there.

What did he say about the Olympic Stadium?

Fact it that it was a secret as I said.

No mention of your AGM I note. Is that a secret too?
    No idea, I am a member not on the board, never have been so don't know or, if honest pay any attention to AGM notes.

I honestly have no recollection what he said at the Trust meeting about the Olympic Stadium, as I said it was something like 2 years ago. My main recollection is that what he said generally was a tad dull and in the last fews times I have heard him speak I have realised a lot of what he says is playing to the audience.

Whilst talking about facts, it was also a secret what he said in the Bromley Addicks meeting which You help organise, but that does not seem to be an issue for you?