Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup 2018 Qualification

Comments

• Options
    Magennis not starting for Northern Ireland tonight
  • Options

0-0 between Ireland and Denmark. Who will be happier with that? Denmark IMO. An away goal in the next leg puts them at a big advantage.

Do away goals count extra if tie is level? I hate that rule
    Generally, i think its a very good rule - brought in in the early days of the 2 legged European cup games to try to entice away sides (mostly Italian) out of their own half and not parking the bus looking for a 0-0. It does make for a more entertaining game normally.
    Good piece on away goals here and the effect it's had on two legged ties

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/should-away-goals-rule-be-scrapped-fourfourtwo-investigates
  • Options
    All Switzerland & they should be 2-0 up by now.
  • Options

Decent result for New Zealand all things considered. Peru still favourites but the Kiwis will be glad they're still in the tie after the first game.

10th in the world, Peru.
    Hahahaha oohh my
  • Options

Magennis not starting for Northern Ireland tonight

Good, I hope he does not get on and stays fit for us, I know I am selfish, but Charlton means more to me
  • Options
    This pitch might be a bit of a leveller. The Swiss really should be ahead though. Would have been interesting to see Josh at this level as I’m one of those who likes him but thinks he’s at his level in league 1.
  • Options
    Proper pudding of a pitch.

Not a match for the purists.
  • Options
    Switzerland being incredibly wasteful if they get one they’ll get a hatful. But the Irish retain a smash and grab chance if they don’t.
  • Options
    Joshy would have had that one...maybe!
  • Options
    Ooh. Magennis would have buried that header. Shame he’s not playing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really getting pissed off with Gerry Armstrong biased commentating. Swiss miss by a whisker and it's a good foot wide. Up the other end a good yard wide is so agonisingly close.

• Options

Joshy would have had that one...maybe!

He has never missed a header for us has he? :wink:
  • Options
    The way this game is going now makes that decision the other day feel even more shocking.
  • Options
    Josh coming on
  • Options
    Enter Magennis.
  • Options
    Northern Ireland out 1-0 on aggregate.
  • Options
    1. Northern Ireland or Switzerland
    2. Croatia or Greece (12th Nov)
    3. Italy or Sweden (13th Nov)
    4. Ireland or Denmark (14th Nov)
    5. Tunisia or Congo
    6. Morocco or Ivory Coast
    7. Senegal or Burkina Faso or Cape Verde or South Africa
    8. New Zealand or Peru (15th Nov)
    9. Honduras or Australia (15th Nov)

• Options
    Greece 0-0 Croatia FT

28 teams qualified, four places left.

1. Northern Ireland or Switzerland
    2. Croatia or Greece
    5. Tunisia or Congo
    6. Morocco or Ivory Coast
    7. Senegal or Burkina Faso or Cape Verde or South Africa

3. Italy or Sweden (13th Nov)
    4. Ireland or Denmark (14th Nov)
    8. New Zealand or Peru (15th Nov)
    9. Honduras or Australia (15th Nov)
  • Options
    "All we are saying, is give one of our teams a goal"

NI 0 Switzerland 1
    Scotland 0 Netherlands 1
    France 2 Wales 0
    England 0 Germany 0
    Denmark 0 ROI 0
    Switzerland 0 NI 0

The sort of stuff to bring the fans back in droves.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

"All we are saying, is give one of our teams a goal"

NI 0 Switzerland 1
    Scotland 0 Netherlands 1
    France 2 Wales 0
    England 0 Germany 0
    Denmark 0 ROI 0
    Switzerland 0 NI 0

The sort of stuff to bring the fans back in droves.

We wont score against Brazil
    Ireland wont score against Denmark
    Wales should score against Panama
    Scotland for some reason dont have a 2nd friendly
  • Options

Apart from Croatia smashing Greece these play offs are really tense, understandably no side wants to give anything away.

NZ 0 Peru 0
    Honduras 0 Australia 0
    Denmark 0 Ireland 0
    NI 0 Switzerland 1
    Sweden 1 Italy 0

Hopefully the 2nd legs are a bit more exciting.

Goals galore.......

Switzerland 0 NI 0
    Greece 0 Croatia 0
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    poxy millwall fans

More than 20 police officers were injured in Brussels when celebrations over Morocco's qualification for football's World Cup turned violent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41961801

nailed on for us to get them.

i fancy the swedes to cling on tonight, and republic to get a cheeky 1-0 tomorrow.
  • Options
    In my eyes a World Cup is not a real World Cup if any of Brazil, Argentina, Germany or Italy are missing. I desperately hope Italy get through tonight. The atmosphere in the San Siro will be amazing. Really looking forward to watching this tonight.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    i never get this about certain teams not qualifying, Italy haven't been a force for a long time, admittedly there group was a 2 horse race in which they came 2nd, but sweden are hardly unreal.

of course i would take italy over a team like serbia being in the comp.

if england win it LOL and italy werent there it would still be a real world cup to me.
  • Options

i never get this about certain teams not qualifying, Italy haven't been a force for a long time, admittedly there group was a 2 horse race in which they came 2nd, but sweden are hardly unreal.

if england win it LOL and italy werent there it would still be a real world cup to me.

Why?
  • Options

In my eyes a World Cup is not a real World Cup if any of Brazil, Argentina, Germany or Italy are missing. I desperately hope Italy get through tonight. The atmosphere in the San Siro will be amazing. Really looking forward to watching this tonight.

I believe that the teams that do best in qualifying being there makes it a real world cup.
  • Options

Why?
    scummy fans could well send a few England boys home in boxes, also would like to see buffon in what would surely be his last world cup
  • Options

I believe that the teams that do best in qualifying being there makes it a real world cup.
    Exactly. I wonder if the same people feel that teams like Huddersfield shouldn't be in the Premier League or none of the 'big six' should ever be relegated.