Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ahmed Kashi Injury (p3 - 12/7 out for another 4 months)

Comments

• colin1961 said:

That will be a year contract for Crofts then

we have other irons in the fire
  • colin1961 said:

It's a massive blow but it means we won't sell him

Which means he'll resume training around mid-november time, be back in the first team for the run up to christmas, then get match fit in time for the Jan transfer window.
  • colin1961 said:

Good because Crofts is thoroughly underwhelming.
  • The scum owners better sign some central midfielders this season and hurry up about it too, no excuses.
  • SDAddick said:

colin1961 said:

Good because Crofts is thoroughly underwhelming.
    Likes a tackle and can score a goal. Tell me how many other midfielders we will have that can do those things?
  • Already a number of players missing the start of the season. How many extra signings we make will show whether things really have changed. That's before replacing the players that will be sold.

Think it's more likely we'll sign a couple more and then leave it to the u21s to step up. Unless they're genuinely ready that won't be enough.
  • Is it bad luck or is there an issue with our medical/physio team? Genuine question, not being sarky.
    I've never known us to have this many on going injuries to key players.
  • Valley11 said:

Is it bad luck or is there an issue with our medical/physio team? Genuine question, not being sarky.
    I've never known us to have this many on going injuries to key players.

I reckon it is 50/50, but i wouldn't let them treat me!
  • colin1961 said:

It's a massive blow but it means we won't sell him

Don't worry, the Belgians know what they are doing and will bring in some quality replacement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Doesn't Slade want two in each position plus youngsters ?

With Cousins, Gudmundsson, Texeira and Lookman likely to leave how far short of this are we ?

• Doesn't Slade want two in each position plus youngsters ?

With Cousins, Gudmundsson, Texeira and Lookman likely to leave how far short of this are we ?

Very short when you add in Bauer and Kashi being injured. Is Watt still here? Heard nothing about him recently.
  • We look good in the striker front 5 in total, thin everywhere else what with all the injuries, if cousins goes our CM is on its knees.

• Slade on Diarra, Lennon and Kashi's injuries. Says they're historical.

Also confirms we have a new medical team:

• Scoham said:

Slade on Diarra, Lennon and Kashi's injuries. Says they're historical.

What an awful joke our medical department have been. Seems like years and years. Hope this new team know what they are doing.
  • This is crap news.
    Now we will see what the Belgians are made of - need a replacement ASAP, no excuses.
  • If the replacement is not selling Cousins that wold show some intent
  • Signing players on the cheap because they have "historical injuries" is very much a false economy as evidenced by our relegation. Probably made worse, by the sounds of things, by a poor medical team.
  • Slade won't have any idea about what Kashi is like. He won't know that he would if fit, have been a key player for us. Central midfield is where games are won and lost. Jackson and Ba won't win us midfield. We need two in of good quality.

The chances I think are slim.
  • edited July 2016
    When Cousins is sold a new midfielder will come in, possibly David Davis. I am sure a new centre back is on the agenda as well. But i heard nobody coming in before Gudmundsson and Cousins are sold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Slade won't have any idea about what Kashi is like. He won't know that he would if fit, have been a key player for us. Central midfield is where games are won and lost. Jackson and Ba won't win us midfield. We need two in of good quality.

The chances I think are slim.

I love Jacko, but tbh if are senior management team see him and Ba as anything more than squad players next season then we are in trouble. With Kashi out and Cousins seemingly off we must bring in two high qaulity central midfielders, one creative and one more defensive minded. If we don't that area is likely to be the catalyst to next seasons failure.
  • dickplumb said:

When Cousins is sold a new midfielder will come in, possibly David Davis. I am sure a new centre back is on the agenda as well. But i heard nobody coming in before Gudmundsson and Cousins are sold.

Would Davis, Jackson and Ba cut it. Not for me it wouldn't.

• Scoham said:

Slade on Diarra, Lennon and Kashi's injuries. Says they're historical.

What an awful joke our medical department have been. Seems like years and years. Hope this new team know what they are doing.
    My understanding is that the sports science and medical department were put under enormous pressure by previous managers to get players fit quickly as they knew replacements weren't going to be provided.

As professionals they should have held their own, but when publicly and privately injuries are being used as the primary excuse for certain individuals failings, I don't find it surprising that players were rushed back and we're seeing the problems we are now.
  • dickplumb said:

I'd heard we had offered someone a contract, waiting on response

• dickplumb said:

I assume it's Crofts ?

• dickplumb said:

I assume it's Crofts ?

O'Hara was mentioned but not heard that he's been offered anything.

Hope we're not waiting until JBG and Cousins are sold and so miss out on replacements.
  • colin1961 said:

We had horrendous injury list last season surely we deserve a bit of luck this year !!!!!

When you buy players with injury history on the cheap, you do not deserve any luck. The club needs to overhaul the backroom medical staff, but again you only get what you pay, hope RS has is on the case.
  • colin1961 said:

We had horrendous injury list last season surely we deserve a bit of luck this year !!!!!

Little to do with luck all to do with how KM runs the club, she ain't got a clue.
  • dickplumb said:

I assume it's Crofts ?

Hope we're not waiting until JBG and Cousins are sold and so miss out on replacements.
    I heard that the Gudmundsson deal is going through on Monday and the Transfer fee with QPR is close to being agreed for Cousins.

• dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

I assume it's Crofts ?

I heard that the Gudmundsson deal is going through on Monday and the Transfer fee with QPR is close to being agreed for Cousins.

At least it sounds as though they are guaranteed to be used for transfers...