Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life charity games (22nd May 2007) - Squads and Officials

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]thank god we ain't got rothko managing us.

shag/large - my faith is with you.

Cheers Les , I'm a bit worried though as the tabloids have been sold some snaps of a member of our team lining up about 20 pints . Makes Marcus Bent look like Graham Le Saux

haha! don't worry shag, i was laying out formations, those pints were prop use only.

carling, never trust a man who doesn't drink, especially when he's managing your football team.
  • edited May 2007
    OK you Pardews Porkers, listen up.

There's no trip to Spain

There's no page 3 stunnas doing massages

There's no mamby pamby arm 'round the shoulder stuff.

From now on it 110% effert, I want to see everyone on the training pitch by 10.30 tomorrow.

............. then in the pub by 10.35
  • Hmmm

My team V team managed by Largeaddick? Real battle of the heavyweight managers :)
  • Im staring to get really excited now, new boots and pads this weekend.....
  • In all seriousness - are their going to be any training sessions set up??

Mx
  • [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]In all seriousness - are their going to be any training sessions set up??

Mx

Bugle Horn car park this coming Monday is your best bet.
  • Who are the refs?
  • edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]In all seriousness - are their going to be any training sessions set up??

Mx
    Kick around in Charlton Park on Sunday? - Jumpers for goalposts!
  • I just thought it would be a good idea to get to know our team mates.

Mx
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Who are the refs?

Spankie and CfW
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko.................Its in the bag son!
  • - I think its important that those in match 2 come to support those in match 1, and those in match 1 stay and support those in match 2 instead of heading straight for the bar ! -

How bout those in match 1 staying on the pitch for match 1 to support their team mates instead of heading straight for the bar from kick off :)
    And can we have a pipe break? Because we shouldn't smoke on the pitch eh:)
  • edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]In all seriousness - are their going to be any training sessions set up??

Mx
    Kick around in Charlton Park on Sunday? - Jumpers for goalposts!

sounds good, I`ll make up the numbers Maria, one v one, and I baggsy rush goalie ; )
    oops, sorry gaffer!!!!!!!! if thats allright with you, your in charge ; )
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]I just thought it would be a good idea to get to know our team mates.

Mx[/quote]

ahhhh that old chestnut! ;-)
  • Can i be honest ?

Forget excited, is anyone as bloody nervous as me about the whole thing ?
  • Nervous? No. *adopts Jose accent* "As long as the match officials understand that you ARE allowed to give penalties against Charlton Unathletic"
  • [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Nervous? No. *adopts Jose accent* "As long as the match officials understand that you ARE allowed to give penalties against Charlton Unathletic"

Oii, no intimidating the refs. That's my job !!
  • Manager Wars !!!!!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Nervous? No. *adopts Jose accent* "As long as the match officials understand that you ARE allowed to give penalties against Charlton Unathletic"

need a hand boss?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Can i be honest ?

Forget excited, is anyone as bloody nervous as me about the whole thing ?[/quote]

yep, it started as a bit of bravado, then became a challange for a great cause, now I just dont want let anyone down, nervous your not kidding, excited, like a kid on christmas eve, Akfa I whacked another one and half on the website, didnt know how else to word the comments, without making it to bloody obvious, but if the taxman wants me, he`ll have to knock on my door ; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers PBS

I'll distract the ref, you take out their two forwards :-)
  • i'm all elbows boss.
  • [cite]Posted By: the_covered_end[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Can i be honest ?

yep, it started as a bit of bravado, then became a challange for a great cause, now I just dont want let anyone down, nervous your not kidding, excited, like a kid on christmas eve, Akfa I whacked another one and half on the website, didnt know how else to word the comments, without making it to bloody obvious, but if the taxman wants me, he`ll have to knock on my door ; )

Ray, i haven't properly kicked a ball in anger in three years. I was told by my surgeon two years ago i'll be able to do proper exercise again. I'm out to enjoy myself and if i make a bit of a fool of myself in the process, so be it. I'll of played at The Valley, will always remember that every time i'm in the stands, raised money for a good cause, and no one can take that away from us.
  • [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Cheers PBS

I'll distract the ref, you take out their two forwards :-)[/quote

ha ! Why two forwards. We may play three or four. Alternatively, we may play one up with someone in the hole. The art of management is not to show your hand to the opposition. You've a lot to learn !!

PBS - BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID !
  • I see!

The old 1-1-8 formation?
  • edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: the_covered_end[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Can i be honest ?

Ray, i haven't properly kicked a ball in anger in three years. I was told by my surgeon two years ago i'll be able to do proper exercise again. I'm out to enjoy myself and if i make a bit of a fool of myself in the process, so be it. I'll of played at The Valley, will always remember that every time i'm in the stands, raised money for a good cause, and no one can take that away from us.

3 years ah, so your a bit closer than me to match fitness ; ) but I think you have summed the whole day up perfectly, I will hopefully watched/laughed at by my wife, my children, and their children who 2 out 3 can say their first game at The Valley was watching their grandad (puffs out chest with pride) but like you, I can say I was there and together we achieved our 10 grand plus target, and personally the dream of playing on the hallowed turf in front of my family, and to Charltonlifers I say, Thank you for making it happen.
  • carlingaddick
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]I just thought it would be a good idea to get to know our team mates.

Mx

What??? don't you think it would be a good idea to at least know the people that are on your team??

;-)

Mx
  • Nice work afka and organisers, cant wait for this day now, i am offiacially in training at the mo too! I hope i can last 30 mins at least!

well done all involved
  • [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]carlingaddick
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]I just thought it would be a good idea to get to know our team mates.

Mx

What??? don't you think it would be a good idea to at least know the people that are on your team??

;-)

Mx

i am on your team maria, get yourself into the bugle and you'll meet both me and PBS your captain! plus stu of se7, i am also sure medders will be present!
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]I hope i can last 30 mins at least!

i hope so as well, seeing as your in goal !