Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Luzon Sacked (and Damian Matthew and David Martane)****

Comments

• Options

What's Riga up to?

Busy managing Metz
  • Options
    Needed a clean sweep...let the new man bring his own staff in with fresh ideas..we clearly need it.
  • Options
    The really sad thing is that I feel so detached from all the 'shenanigans' as this is not the Charlton I fell in love with oh so long ago! Who knows which 'coach/manager/puppet' will be pulled out of the Duchatalet beret but I am certain it won' solve all the issues.
    Great Roland gave us a new pitch and so glad he sees the academy as a way of making money by selling young players, but does he not realise that the team on the pitch and the fans who support them are also crucial? Communicate gracefully and honestly with us, Roland.
  • Options
    I hear on pretty good authority Luzon was told before the game.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Would explain the poor body language of the players throughout (if they knew as well)
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Redrobo said:

Listening to Collymore coming home. Included us in clubs that 'are rotten to the core'. He has it bang on. A manager needs to pick his own players. Needs to have players he wants. If he gets it wrong then, so be it.
    A new manager will not solve the problem. But he did have to go.

I make Collymore absolutely right also.
    Well Collymore would certainly recognise rotten to the core when he sees it.

• Options
    masicat said:

Wouldn't be surprised. It would explain a lot.
  • Options
    Odds already!
  • Options

Odds already!

They don't know us vey well do they.
  • Options

Odds already!

They've been updated in the last few hours then... Neither Jason Euell or Paulo Di Canio were on there earlier
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They've actually given odds for Pardew hahahaha.
  • Options
    No Frayae?
  • Options
    Curbs 14/1.
  • Options
    Well said, Mrs Big Mac.

Instead of looking down the back of the sofa for some dosh, she's taken the time to tell it like it is.

RESPECT !

• Options

Odds already!

Time to place a fiver on every network manager going I think!
  • Options
    Tavern 2/1
  • Options

Two hours to do that? Mind you, Katerin must feel an idiot, after backing him a week ago.

4 days ago
  • Options

masicat said:

Hardly explains why Guy didn't say to Roland " why don't you manage the team this afternoon you tosser"

Payoff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Odds already!

What a grim selection of managers
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    cfgs said:

masicat said:

Hardly explains why Guy didn't say to Roland " why don't you manage the team this afternoon you tosser"

Payoff
    Are you sure?

Luzon was always on a monthly rolling Contract that ran out at the end of the season, sacking him after the Brentford game means its the last of the month, means they dont owe him a penny in compensation
  • Options

Odds already!

Depressing. Mackay is experienced at least, but far from a Charlton manager. If KM wasn't already wondering about the point of it all after losing a manager she backed 4 days ago, bringing in a man who was sacked for sexist texts will delight her no end.
  • Options
    Tavern said:

Tavern 2/1

Stick a bet on yourself and you'll be in the list. Bookies odds on new managers for a club like charlton are just a reflection of the obvious names plus who punters are backing. Highly doubt it's reflective of any inside knowledge, after all everyone knows Mackay was at the game today.
  • Options
    I wish this country didn't have this huge obsession over football managers. It's a huge problem in footballing culture. Fact is a manager has relatively little impact over how a club fairs. Most important thing when it comes down to it is money. Clubs who spend do well, those who don't struggle.

I'm willing to argue this with people but enough studies have been done and we all know enough anecdotal evidence to back it up. Clough wasn't some sort of managerial god but he was able to influence owners into spending money they didn't want to.

Unfortunately we aren't a rich club. We can all blame Roland for not spending enough but none of us really know how much he has or is willing to spend. As long as this goes on the managerial merry go round will continue regardless of who is appointed.
  • Options

cfgs said:

masicat said:

Payoff
    Are you sure?

Luzon was always on a monthly rolling Contract that ran out at the end of the season, sacking him after the Brentford game means its the last of the months, means they dont owe him a penny in compensation
    Incompetent but crafty, an unusual combination.
  • Options
    To whoever said I was taking the P*ss, well no I wasn't, Stuart Gray would be an excellent manager, he did excellent up here and I think he'd do really well with you lot.

• Options

They've actually given odds for Pardew hahahaha.

Don't laugh just yet...
  • Options

To whoever said I was taking the P*ss, well no I wasn't, Stuart Gray would be an excellent manager, he did excellent up here and I think he'd do really well with you lot.

that was me and here you are doing it again. well done for beating Rotherham but bugger off, I'm hurting.