Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Luzon Sacked (and Damian Matthew and David Martane)****

Comments

• Options
    To be fair to KM - must be a nightmare having to interface between RD and the public. Who knows what's going on in that man's mind?
  • Options
    This changes nothing, just costs us another payout that could have been used on a third rate footballer coming in on loan....
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Glad Matthews as gone .... Feel sorry for Guy

Haha! Long live the wind-up merchant … :bawling:
  • Options
    think you need to read the financial report in the programme.

Nobody could afford to buy the club. Too much debt had to be wiped out.

Experienced players have beaten us in the last two games.

We need somebody who can see the shortcomings of some of the players and get rid.
  • Options
    The pitch looks lovely
  • Options
    Luzon's record with Israel U-21's and Standard Liege was good. Ditto with us in 2014-2015. With hindsight the morale at the club and in the dressing room dipped in late August when we didn't top up the summer additions with some quality loan signings. Once the injuries kicked in our squad wasn't strong enough. That is Duchatelet's fault. If we end up with McKay.......well, he certainly worked with peculiar owners at Cardiff City and got them into the play-offs + the League Cup final + automatic promotion. Personally I'd sooner it was Poyet.
  • Options

Cardinal Sin Member
    7:27PM
    Duchalet has to go but that will take time and he has the money to stay as long as he likes. A change of Chief Exec is desperately needed. Meire is out of her depth and has presided over a catalogue of poor decisions and even worse PR. At least a competent CEO should be able to get the club functioning properly in the background and the fans more onside.
    Flag Quote

Don't hold your breath, she's arrogant, and lies, lies and lies again, all the time with that silly grin on her stoopid face.

and if you say any of this to her face you get branded a bully and a sexist.
  • Options
    But I thought KM said that RD had given GL his full backing.
  • Options
    The most depressing thing is who the hell would actually be likely to manage us that wouldn't be a complete shambles??

at least it won't be Steve Evans (unless Leeds have sacked him already!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Damian Matthews gone as well.

RD's gone and thrown the baby out with the bath water.
  • Options
    Listening to Collymore coming home. Included us in clubs that 'are rotten to the core'. He has it bang on. A manager needs to pick his own players. Needs to have players he wants. If he gets it wrong then, so be it.
    A new manager will not solve the problem. But he did have to go.
  • Options
    Is a caretaker not normally announced at this time by the way? Will the players have anyone in charge at training or just chaos. A sign they have someone (probably Malky) nearly done?
  • Options
    So from what I can deduce we've got a racist bigot as favourite to take over or someone from the depths of RD's backside (sorry the network). McKay did a good job with Cardiff, and I would only hope that Wigan were on a downward curve and the racism allegations were hanging over his head were affecting his ability to do the job. But I'm not inspired at the thought of the next few days as RD and KM start the lies again
  • Options
    Would be an honour to see Curbs or lennie back again! We have all had a terrible 2 home games following Charlton this week!!! The good times will come!!! COYR!!!!!
  • Options
    Good decision, I wish the 3 of them well as I don't like seeing anyone lose their job. But in football terms for years I have thought we have lacked something in terms of buildup up play and possession. Opposition teams who come to the valley constantly seem better coached in terms of tactics and keeping possession so starting the whole coaching side of things again isn't a bad thing.

As for Roland out, take a look at the programme. Only a mad man would take on our running costs. Yes it would be nice if Roland spent another few million to give us a bigger squad but thats unlikely and at least he is investing in the infrastructure and club as a whole. Roland doesn't do himself any favours with the poor communication with the fans though at least put something out there regarding his aims.

New man ideally to have previous experience in the Championship...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

So from what I can deduce we've got a racist bigot as favourite to take over or someone from the depths of RD's backside (sorry the network). McKay did a good job with Cardiff, and I would only hope that Wigan were on a downward curve and the racism allegations were hanging over his head were affecting his ability to do the job. But I'm not inspired at the thought of the next few days as RD and KM start the lies again

As much as MacKay wouldn't be on my own short-list, at least he knows the division, he knows what it takes to get a team promoted. He might have some contacts within the game where he can beg, borrow or steal a player. It will be a step forward in my opinion. I'm not keen on the whole racist/homophobic stuff that came out, but I'm willing to let it slide provided we don't see any of that again.

What are the alternatives? Another unknown quantity that has been on RD's payroll previously who knows next to nothing about our game?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Listening to Collymore coming home. Included us in clubs that 'are rotten to the core'. He has it bang on. A manager needs to pick his own players. Needs to have players he wants. If he gets it wrong then, so be it.

I make Collymore absolutely right also.
  • Options
    I feel sorry for Guy. He saved us from a downward spiral last season and had a good start to this season. Injuries screwed him up and no team would be able to cope with 8 first teamers injured - no matter what strength in depth unless you're City/Arsenal etc.

He's been given an ultimatum in the week and has played players that are unfit today and it's showed. He's subsequently been sacked. It is a shame for him and it's a shame for us.

Damian Matthews is a top bloke but he's been here for a while now and we haven't done too much over the last few years so it makes sense to also get rid of him.

I wish them both well for the future. They're young coaches and hopefully we get someone in who can put some confidence back in the squad.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

It's like reading a tweet from USASoccerGuy.
    Wonder if she'd do a Charlton Aesthetic guest column...
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

If anyone's is rotten to the core it's him!!!

He is right though.
  • Options

Meet the new boss..same as the old boss

Who?
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Fucking circus of a football club.

Now now, no need to get hysterical and bed wetting : - ) sorry had to be said just once before moving on.
    When have I ever said either of those?

I don't get it.
  • Options
    What's Riga up to?