Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Let's suspend the woman who made a complaint about the boss.  That should make things better, all-round, and show that we really are on top of things as an inclusive, welcoming, safe environment for anyone to work in.  

Actually, no, better still, let's wait and do it on International Women's Day. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68501426 
    Except that is tomorrow.
  • Options
    RB opening themselves up to a lawsuit here, it's explicitly illegal to retaliate against someone in this way. Even if they've suspended her on full pay, it could be argued they have damaged her career and made it a hostile work environment. At this stage you can pretty much guarantee they're going to have to pay her off and quietly shuffle her out the door.
  • Options
    RB opening themselves up to a lawsuit here, it's explicitly illegal to retaliate against someone in this way. Even if they've suspended her on full pay, it could be argued they have damaged her career and made it a hostile work environment. At this stage you can pretty much guarantee they're going to have to pay her off and quietly shuffle her out the door.
    I know you mean Red Bull but you have to actually spell it out now as the old Torro Rosso team are now called RB!
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Let's suspend the woman who made a complaint about the boss.  That should make things better, all-round, and show that we really are on top of things as an inclusive, welcoming, safe environment for anyone to work in.  

Actually, no, better still, let's wait and do it on International Women's Day. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68501426 
    Except that is tomorrow.
    Exactly! 

🙄
  • Options
    edited March 8
    WTF!!!... Get the FUCK IN!!!

I did wonder if this was a possibility watching FP2 yesterday but didnt actually think it would happen

When was the last Rookie to make their debut for Ferrari?

lol!... Nor will it be Hamilton, thats the first Brit to race for them since Eddie Irvine
  • Options
    Crazy in F2 though...

Maini lost pole last week because of a technical infringement, he gets pole this week because Bearman isnt available
  • Options
    So excited to see how he goes. Just got to keep it clean for the weekend and anything else is a bonus. 
  • Options
    Not getting carried away as this'll be his first F1 weekend, compared to Russell who'd raced in F1 before stepping into the Mercedes, but if Bearman does well enough this weekend, you'd have to think his foot is half in the door for Haas next season.

He's now got the greatest opportunity out of anyone on the F2 grid to make the step up next season

No pressure!! lol!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 8
    First F1 Debutant to race for Ferrari since 1972
    First Brit in a Ferrari for 25-years
    Only Verstappen and Stroll are younger than him to step into F1
    First Teenager to race for Ferrari since 1962
  • Options
    What happens in the lower categories, was it too short notice to bump an F3 driver to F2 in his place and put the Ferrari F1 Academy girl into F3?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    What happens in the lower categories, was it too short notice to bump an F3 driver to F2 in his place and put the Ferrari F1 Academy girl into F3?
    There is no F3 this weekend... thank god, they wouldnt last a lap round here
  • Options
    Am I right thinking with this circuit and it’s tight walls, this is a particularly hard GP for a novice to step into with little established feel for the car? 
  • Options
    Also despite the elation it’s gutting he will lose the chance of competing in F2 and arguably will lose a shot of a title with 2 non scores now. 

But then again, a decent performance this weekend will do much more for his future F1 prospects. You don’t turn down an F1 debut for Ferrari in a hurry!
  • Options
    Am I right thinking with this circuit and it’s tight walls, this is a particularly hard GP for a novice to step into with little established feel for the car? 
    Going to be difficult for him I imagine as he's never driven the current Ferrari, he's only had two outings in a current F1 car which was in Mexico and Abu Dhabi last season.

He has done well here at Jeddah in F2 though, got Pole for this weekend's race, which isn't applicable anymore, and was doing well there last season as a rookie until Pourchaire stupidly dive bombed him, and took them out of the race.
  • Options
    Ollie just needs to keep his nose clean today and tomorrow and not do anything silly.
    He seems to like the track, which is a bonus, otherwise I'd say that this is a terrible place to debut in F1. You can't, however, pick and choose when you get these types of opportunities.
    Hope he grasps his chance with both hands.
  • Options
    Shame there is this Red Flag in FP3... Going to impact Bearman's track time, although seems to be having a solid session
  • Options
    Shame there is this Red Flag in FP3... Going to impact Bearman's track time, although seems to be having a solid session
    So far so good. Going to be a mad scramble for the last 5 minutes of track time. Going to be like quali, so might help him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really solid FP3 from Bearman , think he's got more in the locker to come too. 
  • Options
    I’m gonna stick my neck out and say he will out qualify Hamilton. 
  • Options
    I’m gonna stick my neck out and say he will out qualify Hamilton. 
    He'll replace him eventually I reckon. 

Hamilton goes to Ferrari for 2 or 3 years, then retires, meanwhile Bearman gets a spot at Haas and proves his worth, and takes over that Ferrari seat
  • Options
    Great for Bearman in the F2 with Martins DNF after the first lap
  • Options
    Not an impressive opening lap from Antonelli in the F2 Sprint race.
  • Options
    Aron leading though and Maloney up into the points.
  • Options
    Aron leading though and Maloney up into the points.
    Maloney is the only concern out of those two, I dont see Aron keeping up the consistency, maybe the same with Zane as well, what with Rodin being hit and miss
  • Options
    He recovered well though, dont expect him to make the jump to Formula One after one season though, although thought that about Bearman lol! 
  • Options
    He recovered well though, dont expect him to make the jump to Formula One after one season though, although thought that about Bearman lol! 

Antonelli feels like the most hyped prospect since Leclerc in F2 , he's incredibly entertaining to watch but there's so many raw edges. 
  • Options
    Ollie hasn't quite made the jump yet, although a good performance for the rest of the weekend could go a long way to sealing it for next year.