Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Damn Hamilton seems way off this year 
  • Options
    edited March 23
    What an absolute mess of an F2 Sprint race!!

Its crazy how once again the driving in F3 looks so much superior than the F2 boys

Great recovery drive from Martins and Bearman to finally get points - Disappointed for Antonelli, who briefly looked to make an amazing overtake, only to crash out

Edit: Scratch those points for Bearman, given the penalty he received
  • Options
    Dare I say has age started to catch up to him? And with the Ferrari move on the horizon perhaps taking his and the teams attention from one another - it’s a really odd start to the season.
  • Options
    Dare I say has age started to catch up to him? And with the Ferrari move on the horizon perhaps taking his and the teams attention from one another - it’s a really odd start to the season.
    I think that it's more a case of being fed up with Mercedes being unable, once again, to provide him with a car to challenge Verstappen.
  • Options

Its crazy how once again the driving in F3 looks so much superior than the F2 boys

Great recovery drive from Martins and Bearman to finally get points - Disappointed for Antonelli, who briefly looked to make an amazing overtake, only to crash out

10 second penalty also handed to Hadjar for the 1st lap crash, dropping him down to 6th and handing the win to Stanek.
  • Options

I was properly impressed by Stenshornes drive in F3. Looks a real talent. 

Good to see Miyata off the mark in F2 too. 
  • Options
    On a separate note, I loved the radio between Colapinto and his Engineer

"I'm faster than my team mate..." - "Overtake him then"

The former really thought that he was already in Formula One
  • Options
    Anyone bothering to get up for the 04:00 race start?
    I always used to but my enthusiasm has waned in the last couple of years.
    I'll stay up for the F2 feature race though.
  • Options
    I'll stay up for it, as its always been tradition - To be fair I wouldnt bother though if there wasn't F3 or F2 on this same weekend.
  • Options
    Son is getting up at 4, I’m on an all dayer tomorrow so will get up at 6 and watch an hour or so. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Son is getting up at 4, I’m on an all dayer tomorrow so will get up at 6 and watch an hour or so. 
    If you get up at 6 the race should be over. Sky have got a full re-run at 09:25.
  • Options
    If you get up at 6 the race should be over. Sky have got a full re-run at 09:25.
    I’m out at 7.30. I meant I’ll record it and start at 6
  • Options
    edited March 24
    Bearman is having torrid luck this season

Congrats Hadjar, showing his F3 form this season
  • Options
    Well it suddenly became very worth staying up
  • Options
    Wow we've got a race on our hands now!! This was worth getting up for 
  • Options
    Kin hell... What a crash for Russell
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    We didn't really though. Sainz just cruised it instead of Verstappen.
  • Options
    Perez really cant cut the mustard anymore, looks like there could be quite a few driver changes next year.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Perez really cant cut the mustard anymore, looks like there could be quite a few driver changes next year.
    If i was Red Bull i'd be giving his seat to Sainz.
  • Options
    Russell binning it was weird, don't think you can blame Alonso for that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    We didn't really though. Sainz just cruised it instead of Verstappen.

I was hoping McLaren were going to get more aggressive on strategy and try and reel in Leclerc but it never went in that direction. Type of race that probably needed a late SC given the way the hards fell away. 
  • Options
    Alonso +20 for driving dangerously. 

• Options
    Maybe it was Alonso fault after all. Can't see Merc wanting him next season 
  • Options

Can't see Toto wanting Alonso. Sainz could be a sneaky outsider but I think he's ultimately tempted to Audi and a reunion with Andreas Seidl. 

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Can't see Toto wanting Alonso. Sainz could be a sneaky outsider but I think he's ultimately tempted to Audi and a reunion with Andreas Seidl. 

See I'm not so sure about that, because there's not a lot of upper tier talent available for 2025 the way things are going, so Red Bull may end up wanting him and I can't see him passing up a car that will be at the front.

2025 in a Sauber before it becoming Audi won't appeal to many, then they need to get the infrastructure in, that won't be an immediate thing either, and I think he'll want to stay at the front of the grid as long as possible before taking on a "project"
  • Options
    I'm sure Alonso (as good as he is) has previous for brake testing opponents and they may have taken that into consideration. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68649182
  • Options
    edited March 25
    The way Ferrari have been improving over the last two years (and Mercedes going backwards!) I’m beginning to wonder if Lewis’s decision to move to Ferrari next season is as inspired as his move from McLaren to Mercedes?

8 times WDC with three different manufacturers should put the arguments about the GOAT to bed once and for all.
  • Options
    edited March 25
    Still think it’s a very poor (and no doubt expensive) strategy move from Ferrari (no change there). Is Hamilton still a top 4/5 driver? I’d question whether he is now let alone in another 12-18 months? There are lots of improving young drivers emerging and settling on the scene who are hungry for success. Not sure Hamilton in his 40s with so much success behind will have both the sharpness and desire. 
  • Options
    Still think it’s a very poor (and no doubt expensive) strategy move from Ferrari (no change there). Is Hamilton still a top 4/5 driver? I’d question whether he is now let alone in another 12-18 months? There are lots of improving young drivers emerging and settling on the scene who are hungry for success. Not sure Hamilton in his 40s with so much success behind will have both the sharpness and desire. 
    He did finish 3rd in the championship last year and very nearly second. I wouldn't write him off after 3 races, the car is only the 4th/5th quickest on the grid 

Would like to see Sainz go up vs Max, would be close certainly alot closer than Perez
  • Options
    I think the Ferrari thing for Hamilton is a last hurrah, he'll be there for 2, 3 seasons maximum and then retire. Will give Ferrari ample time to blood either Bearman in the midfield or try to sign someone more long term