Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Think that was some common sense from the FIA to re-instate Norris' time for once.

He clearly didnt gain an advantage by going off track when starting his pole lap, and his delta showed him being +0.08 (?) when he started that lap, so did it at a disadvantage.

What people wont like is the fact that it opens the rules to interpretation again

But then there are always rules like that
  • Options
    Yeah, 4am, no thanks
  • Options
    Yeah I can manage 6am for a proper race but 4am for a sprint race I'll pass and grab the highlights. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Yeah I can manage 6am for a proper race but 4am for a sprint race I'll pass and grab the highlights. 
    Thankfully the GP on Sunday is at 8am (same with proper Quali tomorrow)
  • Options
    What an exciting qualifying!

If Max Verstappen didn't exist
  • Options
    Same for the Sprint... Quite a fun race if you ignore him
  • Options
    Why are they so slow with these safety cars?
  • Options
    Harsh penalty for Sargeant being given the same as Stroll / Magnusson, with those two causing crashes.

Why the hell didnt Williams just tell him to give the place back?
  • Options
    edited April 25
    Journalists suggesting that Adrian Newey is going to quit Red Bull

• Options
    Journalists suggesting that Adrian Newey is going to quit Red Bull

If it's coming from Tobi and AMUS I'd expect an announcement is coming soon 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 25
    Who would have thought that Coco Pops could take down Red Bull

BBC have confirmed it

Adrian Newey: Red Bull design chief to leave team - BBC Sport
  • Options
    Going to Ferrari or Aston Martin? 
  • Options

I bet the car has barely any blue on it, but this is beautiful
  • Options

I imagine he'll be able to go wherever he likes and name his price.
  • Options
    Going to Ferrari to join up with Lewis?
  • Options
    Or joining Max at Mercedes?

Or giving Alonso a car to finally win another WDC?

Or (given he's 65 and not full time anymore) riding off into the sunset and giving someone else a go
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if he didn't have significant gardening leave to serve regardless of where he goes. Aston would make a lot of sense on a personal level if he doesn't want to relocate, they also have his former deputy Dan Fallows there already.

But there's always going to be that allure of Ferrari and an 8th WDC for Lewis that I think will be hard to resist. 
  • Options
    Hulkenberg confirmed to be leaving Haas. Audi/Sauber announcement imminent I would guess. Opens up that seat for Ollie Bearman. 
  • Options
    Bearman is really going to have to fuck up not to get that seat with Haas

Ironically he could well end up being the lowest points scorer in an F2 season to end up promoted to F1

Think Sargeant when he finished P5 has that honour at the moment
  • Options
    Hulkenberg and maybe Sainz at Audi, but I still think Red Bull will push for him (especially if the whole Max thing blows up) and he'll end up there, he's the best person available for a top team right now, and there's no-one else with Red Bull ties worthy of the seat, especially as Danny Ric is looking like a busted flush more and more right now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hulkenberg racing into his 40's seems a waste of a seat to me. Give some youngster a chance 
  • Options
    McLaren's IndyCar fortunes seem to have taken a turn for the worse, all 3 drivers finishing in the bottom 7 at the weekend, and then releasing Malukas as the injury he picked up before the season started is worse than they thought 
  • Options
    edited April 29
    Least IndyCar gave us this moment last night

• Options
    edited May 1
    Red Bull have confirmed the departure of Adrian Newey, he'll leave in Q1 2025 and will now be focusing solely on the RB17, their upcoming Hypercar - So be interesting to see how the Red Bull F1 car does in 2025, although imagine Adrian's involvement is already done.

Adrian Newey To Leave Red Bull | Oracle Red Bull Racing

History dictates though, that teams dont do so well once they lose Newey, given Williams fall from grace.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see what happens with Newey, I'm not overly convinced he is going to Ferrari at his age. Am assuming he will have some form of gardening leave built into this package too. 
  • Options
    edited May 1
    lol!... So Ferrari have been teasing endlessly with a one off (potentially blue) livery for Miami this weekend...

The helmets are in blue, the race suits are in blue - The car...

• Options
    Such a disappointment when all the racesuits and merchandise is blue and they come up with this.... I was hoping for something like the Gulf McLaren livery from 2 years ago , the added HP logos don't especially work well with it either. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Such a disappointment when all the racesuits and merchandise is blue and they come up with this.... I was hoping for something like the Gulf McLaren livery from 2 years ago , the added HP logos don't especially work well with it either. 
    They are blue though...
  • Options
    I mean it's based on

So I'm not sure why people expected them to paint the whole thing blue!