Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    What an absolute farce this weekend is being.

Noel Leon you very lucky boy to keep the F3 win
  • Options

What happened?
    I turned the tv off just as they crossed the line.
  • Options
    edited May 18

What happened?
    I turned the tv off just as they crossed the line.
    Goethe got a five second penalty... Seems it was because of the last SC that came out rather than for the VSC... Seems the Safety Car went faster than the Delta, so he's saying he had to speed up to keep within the 10 car lengths

Whilst an FIA message popped up to show that Leon was being investigated post-race for weaving.

So guess we wont know the final result until its all sorted, and the FIA release the final publications
  • Options
    Bottas apparently has had a meeting with James Vowles in the Williams motorhome. That would be interesting. 
  • Options
    What on earth was that mess of an F2 start
  • Options
    Well that was exciting... THREE overtakes?
  • Options
    Doesn't bode well for the F1 tomorrow.
  • Options

Goethe regains his win in F3 , Leon still under investigation 

What the hell is going on with the stewards?
  • Options
    This track doesn't look big enough for these cars 
  • Options
    This track doesn't look big enough for these cars 
    It's a typical old school track, that the cars have outgrown. Even worse to come at the borefest that is Monaco.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 18
    MarcusH26 said:

Goethe regains his win in F3 , Leon still under investigation 

What the hell is going on with the stewards?
    Leon has dropped to P3, with a penalty

Goethe takes sprint race win as stewards cancel penalty, Leon third · RaceFans
  • Options
    Lets pretend this F2 weekend never happened
  • Options
    Lets pretend this F2 weekend never happened

Thought it was pretty dull by F2 standards. Only the issues for Bearman and Cordeel in the pits really made the feature interesting. Felt like no one could get a pass done with the one DRS zone. 
  • Options
    A decent ending to what has been a terrible weekend of Motor Racing @ Imola - Almost Lando, dont mind Max winning when its made interesting like that.
  • Options
    Great drive from Lando but he was never going to catch Max so don’t agree with the commentators that it was exciting at the end. Awful race.
  • Options
    Lando starting to look the real deal now. Always clearly been a quick and talented driver, but he’s now in the tier 1 driver group with Max and Lewis IMO.
  • Options
    I just don't think Imola suits the modern cars , I understood coming back during the Pandemic seasons but when even the junior formulas can't produce good racing..  

Another stellar drive from Lando though. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I just don't think Imola suits the modern cars , I understood coming back during the Pandemic seasons but when even the junior formulas can't produce good racing..  

Monaco next week  :(
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Glad I'm away and will be able to watch it on record. Fast forward most of it 🤣
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

The analogy of ‘it’s like riding a bike round your living room’ has never been more apt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was out today so only caught a bit of the race but looked like everyone pretty much finished where they started. As I said yesterday cars are too big for the track, same with Monaco 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Thankfully I’ll be at Brands Hatch for the Masters Historic meeting. Proper F1 cars 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Thankfully I’ll be at Brands Hatch for the Masters Historic meeting. Proper F1 cars 
     And what a venue to watch them on!
  • Options
    Mclaren livery for Monaco... Surprised they didnt go with this for Imola

• Options
    Looks like Norwich City.
  • Options
    I did see the point made that it matches the Aussie national sports colours for Piastri too. It's not bad but I'll always prefer the Gulf livery from a couple of years ago 
  • Options
    Why do they keep changing their livery? 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

But not one Lotus F1 car! i'm disgusted!
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    MarcusH26 said:

But not one Lotus F1 car! i'm disgusted!
    I thought a Lotus 78 was one of the entrants in the series?
  • Options
    Why do they keep changing their livery? 
    Mclaren are doing it as a tribute to Senna, who was, as they say, the king of Monaco.