Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

1234235236237238240»

Comments

• Options
    Looking forward to this could be a cracker 
  • Options
    Fair play to the gamble from Haas here
  • Options
    This is shaping up to be a cracker 
  • Options
    edited June 9
    Max lock up brings Norris right into play with drs coming on
  • Options
    Loving the suspense here, although Russell has been saved with the delay in DRS being activated
  • Options
    Yes Lando!
  • Options
    edited June 9
    Rain due in a couple minutes 

will be interesting how everyone pits
  • Options
    Wow... What bad luck for Norris
  • Options
    This is shaping up to be spectacular. I do wonder if Lando has played a blinder here with the overcut
  • Options
    Dont think I've seen a race this exciting since 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not a big F1 fan but this is a really good race.

• Options
    Max :”my suspension is fucked”

Also Max : sets new fastest lap
  • Options
    With the gap behind Lewis get a soft set on!
  • Options
    Why hards for Lewis - light on fuel and handful of laps. Screams out for a soft tyre 
  • Options
    Great overtake from Russell there 
  • Options
    Nice to see Russell and Hamilton racing 
  • Options
    Lovely clean fight between Russell and Hamilton - the former certainly had an eventful race, shame for him, given he had a strong start.

Needs to clean up those errors just a tad, else he could have challenged Verstappen for the win at the end I reckon, had he been P2 instead of P3 prior to the last SC
  • Options
    Russell is making a habit of making mistakes when it really matters. Singapore last year and today
  • Options
    Why hards for Lewis - light on fuel and handful of laps. Screams out for a soft tyre 
    Think they might have been the only new set he had. 
  • Options
    Good race, shame Russell couldn’t keep it clean and, as seems to be the case more often than not, the timing of the safety car helped Verstappen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Red Bull have got off very lightly there
  • Options
    Russell got off lightly too, the thing with Piastri was touch and go, but he also had 4 times deleted for track limit infringements over the course of the race, which in places Like Austria and Qatar recently have been time penalties 
  • Options
    FIA have changed its rules surrounding Driver Age for Formula One

If a Driver who is seventeen (the limit had been changed to 18, after Verstappen entered F1) shows ability and maturity, then they'll be allowed to race in F1.

Now if only there was a driver that potentially applied to...
  • Options
    edited June 14

If a Driver who is seventeen (the limit had been changed to 18, after Verstappen entered F1) shows ability and maturity, then they'll be allowed to race in F1.

I don't get why the Indycar brigade are all out of their trees about this. Herta is not the same as Antonelli and was relying on the FIA being charitable with COVID and grid sizes, the same as they were trying with O'Ward.

I do now expect to see Kimi debut before the end of the season with Williams now , this won't be a tweak to give him the rest of the seasons worth of FP1s. 
  • Options
    He's 18 in August so seems like they've pushed this through and he'll be in the car ASAP
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

I don't get why the Indycar brigade are all out of their trees about this. Herta is not the same as Antonelli and was relying on the FIA being charitable with COVID and grid sizes, the same as they were trying with O'Ward.

I do now expect to see Kimi debut before the end of the season with Williams now , this won't be a tweak to give him the rest of the seasons worth of FP1s. 
    They're also failing to realise that the difference is that Antonelli has the SL points, Herta doesn't... SuperLicence points are so much more important than Age.

F2 is the highest someone dangerous like Nissany can get, because they can pay their way into a seat, imagine them buying their way into F1, if there was no SL system. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

They're also failing to realise that the difference is that Antonelli has the SL points, Herta doesn't... SuperLicence points are so much more important than Age.

F2 is the highest someone dangerous like Nissany can get, because they can pay their way into a seat, imagine them buying their way into F1, if there was no SL system. 

Your second paragraph is bang on , there would have been enough teams that would have taken the Nissany or Geleal money for an F1 seat without the SL points system. 
  • Options