Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited June 3
    Rizzo said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    So glad Leclerc got his home win but it doesn't sound like it's one to watch back even on short highlights. 
    The highlights were the Perez crash on lap one and the checkered flag. Basically, nothing else happened. When the top 10 start and finish a 'race' in exactly the same order, there's something wrong! 

Comes to something when even Verstappen described the race as Boring!
  • Options
    edited June 3
    Wont be surprised if Zhou goes back to Alpine and takes Ocon's seat for next season.
  • Options
    I still think Ocon is a better driver than Gasly. 
    They're both off at the end of the season I reckon.
  • Options
    Red Bull extend Checo for another 2 years. 
  • Options
    Looks like Carlos' options are either Audi or Williams now
  • Options

Williams with Albon would be one hell of a pairing , would need Williams to throw some considerable funding at development though. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Williams with Albon would be one hell of a pairing , would need Williams to throw some considerable funding at development though. 
    An even better move if they could somehow entice Newey back to Williams as well

Still cant see anywhere other than Ferrari for Adrian though
  • Options
    Wasn't expecting that tbh. 

Sainz to Audi is almost a certainty now, maybe Bottas back to Williams with Albon?

Gasly stays for continuity? or Zhou to Alpine with either Schumi Jr or Doohan joining. Antonelli either sits out a year behind Ocon at Mercedes, or gets thrust in straight away. 

Haas might ditch both drivers too, with Bearman almost certainly in, but might be joined by someone new if KMag keeps driving into everything and everyone 
  • Options
    Perez for another 2 years is really uninspiring choice by Red Bull, guess the money he brings in is worth it 
  • Options
    Perez for another 2 years is really uninspiring choice by Red Bull, guess the money he brings in is worth it 
    And I guess Verstappen wasn't too keen on a hotshot driver sitting in the other car, and he may have made that a condition on his staying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jack Doohan is driving FP1 for Alpine in Canada this weekend
  • Options
    edited June 6
    Glad to see that Mclaren have ended their Agreement with JHR over in IndyCar, what with the latest Canapino bullshit
  • Options
    Sign me up for the Masters Event, because this just looks shit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/articles/cgeeqr817xxo

• Options
    Sign me up for the Masters Event, because this just looks shit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/articles/cgeeqr817xxo

Looks ok to me.
  • Options
    Haven't pushed it far enough IMO. 1.9m wide and a wheelbase of 3.4m is still humongous, longer than a Maybach which is a pseudo-limo. Even Le Mans cars only have a wheelbase of 3.15m. 

Cars that are 180cm wide and 3m wheelbase would make a lot more sense, more nimble cars, easier to overtake eachother even on the more classic circuits that are narrower, but still big enough to have all the crash structures in place and look more impressive than an f2 car
  • Options
    "engines with a near 50-50 split between electric and internal combustion power"

I get the reasons, but they will sound like a milk float. The purist in me will struggle with that.
  • Options
    Sod being eco
    Sod being hybrid or being lighter

this is meant to be the pinnacle of racing - let them be creative 
  • Options
    edited June 7
    MrOneLung said:
    Sod being eco
    Sod being hybrid or being lighter

this is meant to be the pinnacle of racing - let them be creative 
    ..but the pinnacle of racing cannot live in a vacuum away from the rest of the motoring world, it needs to reflect whats happening below it, if everything else is electric/hybrid/low emission then you can no longer be gas guzzling at the top. At  present manufacturers can partly justify the costs to their shareholders by saying there is a research and tech benefit to F1. Also sponsors / broadcasters etc would not be able to justify supporting a "dinosaur" sport. It won't be F1 in my eyes, but thats just the world we live in now.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Haven't pushed it far enough IMO. 1.9m wide and a wheelbase of 3.4m is still humongous, longer than a Maybach which is a pseudo-limo. Even Le Mans cars only have a wheelbase of 3.15m. 

Cars that are 180cm wide and 3m wheelbase would make a lot more sense, more nimble cars, easier to overtake eachother even on the more classic circuits that are narrower, but still big enough to have all the crash structures in place and look more impressive than an f2 car

Yeah I am a bit concerned even with the aero trickery we're going to be sitting here in 2026 with all the same issues as the current regs. Needed to be closer in size to the new F2 car as I still think the size will be a problem on street circuits. 
  • Options
    Wasn't there problems reported with as active aero during the sims that made the cars undriveable?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't there problems reported with as active aero during the sims that made the cars undriveable?

Yes I think Red Bull had come out and said it was very difficult to drive. 
  • Options
    edited June 8
    Unsurprisingly there are reporrs saying that Bearman has all but signed a deal with Haas for next season. Just needs official confirmation now
  • Options
    Bearman and who though, that's the question.

Vowles is saying 2 people in the running for the Williams seat, I assume he's been told Antonelli is going to Mercedes so it's between Sainz and Bottas? Or he's been told Sainz is going to Audi and it's between Antonelli and Bottas! Either way I expect Bottas to end up there and the other 2 to end up in the other seats. 
  • Options
    Yuki confirmed for 2025 with Racing Bulls.
  • Options
    Perez is useless 
  • Options
    RB no doubt looking for that Clause in Perez's contract, crazy how he's got that second seat.
  • Options
    GEORGE FUCKING RUSSELL!!!!!
  • Options
    Great quali session that 
  • Options
    I’m not a motor racing fan but the Netflix series is a cracker.  Thoroughly enjoying it.