Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

1252253254255256258»

Comments

• Perez literally just kept trying to squeeze Sainz for no reason, he was half a car length behind, all he had to do was keep to his inside and out brake him at turn 3. 

Desperate driving from a man under so much pressure 
  • Points for all four British drivers... LOVELY
  • "Most stressful day of my life" whilst sounded so cool and relaxed from Piastri lol!
  • 4 Brits in the points 
  • Just hope the pecking order stays like this for next season. Max will limp to the line this year based on clearly having a dodgy car first third of the season (RB obviously got pulled up on something). But next year a new champion please 
  • "Most stressful day of my life" whilst sounded so cool and relaxed from Piastri lol!
    Never heard him flustered. He has always looked the real deal.
  • And Williams jump Alpine.
  • Just caught the highlights having avoided the result.   Fantastic race.  MV will be caught.   
  • And Williams jump Alpine.

Alpine completely confuse me as a team , if they are shuttering their engine programme for Mercedes PUs , I wonder how much longer they'll be on the grid. I don't buy the 2+2 = 5 idea that Oliver Oakes has been appointed TP because of his links to Hitechs failed bid to join the grid but I can't see the Renault top brass wanting to be that uncompetitive for much longer.

• Just caught the highlights having avoided the result.   Fantastic race.  MV will be caught.   
    Hmm. Not sure about that. I expect him to limp over the line. If there was only one driver rivaling him, then maybe. But as it is, they’ll all take points off each other.
  • Sponsored links:

Hmm. Not sure about that. I expect him to limp over the line. If there was only one driver rivaling him, then maybe. But as it is, they’ll all take points off each other.

As much as I'd love for him to get chased down , I think we'll get enough different winners that no one will quite overhaul him enough. 

Does set up an excellent 2025 though if Red Bull really have lost the plot. 
  • Sainz didn't turn left at all, not sure what Perez is talking about
    If I was an insurance adjuster, I’d be putting the blame firmly on Perez. He’s half a car length behind so has a clear sight of where Sainz’s car is, and also had really no reason to be squeezing Sainz so tightly. Very clumsy driving and he’s gone from being back in the good books of his employer to probably even more at risk of losing his seat. You do wonder how bright some of these drivers are sometimes. 
  • I expect Verstappen will continue to pick up just enough points and the others will all take enough off each other that he’ll get over the line. In particular, Norris is just not being consistent enough. 

It’s conceivable Verstappen may not win another race though, and RB looked screwed in the constructors fight.

If only the first half of the season had been this open, it would have been an all time classic season. 
  • Can't see Norris catching Max, he's not been consistent enough with a race winning car. Max is bound to pick up another win as well. Next year is looking like it could be anyone's though 
  • Makes you realise how good Lewis and Max are. People say ‘anyone would win with this car, or that’ but as we are seeing with Norris it’s not that simple.
  • I expect Verstappen will continue to pick up just enough points and the others will all take enough off each other that he’ll get over the line. In particular, Norris is just not being consistent enough. 

It’s conceivable Verstappen may not win another race though, and RB looked screwed in the constructors fight.

If only the first half of the season had been this open, it would have been an all time classic season. 
    They are 100% screwed in the constructor's championship, they'll probably even end up 3rd.

In the drivers race, if we're to assume that MV is going to be fighting just to finish at best 3rd/4th from now on then Norris really needs to pick up a couple of wins in the next 3-4 races to have a chance. He needs to be gaining around 9 points per race on MV and in the last 2 i think he's only gained 11 in total, so as poor as they currently are MV is doing just enough.
  • A good result for Norris. He didn't make up the points on Verstappen he needed to but the weekend was exceptionally bad and he still made up points. WIth 7 races to go as well as a couple of sprint races on top and you can add 7 fastest lap points to that, it seems given the current levels of the cars that it is going to be very close and indeed exciting.
  • Think people are underestimating how good a drive it was from Norris yesterday. Not only to finish so far up the field but to also massively help out Piastri. Without the yellow flag in quali I think Norris wins yesterday. 

They are 100% screwed in the constructor's championship, they'll probably even end up 3rd.

In the drivers race, if we're to assume that MV is going to be fighting just to finish at best 3rd/4th from now on then Norris really needs to pick up a couple of wins in the next 3-4 races to have a chance. He needs to be gaining around 9 points per race on MV and in the last 2 i think he's only gained 11 in total, so as poor as they currently are MV is doing just enough.
    That is assuming things stay as they are. We’ve seen that a well placed upgrade or two can make big difference to a team’s pace so if RB have any improvements to their car to come then we may see come back into stronger contention, but they will still be hampered by being basically a one driver team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    Think people are underestimating how good a drive it was from Norris yesterday. Not only to finish so far up the field but to also massively help out Piastri. Without the yellow flag in quali I think Norris wins yesterday. 
    It was a strong drive yesterday, but he had to start from too far back because he didn’t get it right on Saturday (admittedly there was some bad luck with the yellow flags but he should have had a banker lap in by then). When he has a strong Saturday he’s often had poor starts etc. or team strategy calls let him down. There always seems to be some element of drama and Piastri is out scoring him in recent races. He needs to start stringing whole weekends together where he’s is top dog on Saturday and then controls the race on Sunday. If he can start doing that then there’s a chance he can catch Verstappen, but he needs to start making up the ground faster and soon. 
  • fenaddick said:
    Think people are underestimating how good a drive it was from Norris yesterday. Not only to finish so far up the field but to also massively help out Piastri. Without the yellow flag in quali I think Norris wins yesterday. 
    It was a strong drive yesterday, but he had to start from too far back because he didn’t get it right on Saturday (admittedly there was some bad luck with the yellow flags but he should have had a banker lap in by then). When he has a strong Saturday he’s often had poor starts etc. or team strategy calls let him down. There always seems to be some element of drama and Piastri is out scoring him in recent races. He needs to start stringing whole weekends together where he’s is top dog on Saturday and then controls the race on Sunday. If he can start doing that then there’s a chance he can catch Verstappen, but he needs to start making up the ground faster and soon. 
    Piastri is outscoring everyone at the moment. Not only have McLaren backed their horse too late in the race, they may have backed the wrong horse
  • Think there could be another backing of the wrong horse in the paddock too - how did Williams keep Sargeant in the car so long given Colapinto's performance this weekend. Will be tough if he keeps on performing like this for him to be just a reserve driver next season. I can't recall if he's allowed back to F2 or if he'd even want to with 9 F1 races under his belt. 
  • Can't see Norris catching Max, he's not been consistent enough with a race winning car. Max is bound to pick up another win as well. Next year is looking like it could be anyone's though 
    Why is Max bound to pick up another win? He hasn't won the last 7 races and only has 2 podiums in those 7 races.
    Why is Max bound to pick up another win? He hasn't won the last 7 races and only has 2 podiums in those 7 races.
    Perez was close to winning yesterday, if Max was in that position it's not inconceivable he'd have won, plus after Singapore there's a month gap for red bull to improve the car 
    Perez was close to winning yesterday, if Max was in that position it's not inconceivable he'd have won, plus after Singapore there's a month gap for red bull to improve the car 
    But Max wasn’t there. He really doesn’t like the car and is underperforming. I can totally see him not winning another race, he just needs to stay close enough to Lando

• Remember the name. Jacob’s best friend when he was growing up in karting - Kenzo Craigie - became OKJ World Champion this weekend. Kenzo is on the Mercedes Junior programme - I sold Jacob’s engines to his Dad Paul when he started out.

Kid had a natural talent when he was beating 12-13 year olds when he was 8.

He will be the next British phenomenon when he steps into cars.

Just seen Lewis mention this on Instagram! Looks like he's got a very bright future. Will keep an eye out if he ends up in British F4 on the BTCC support. 
  • MarcusH26 said:

Remember the name. Jacob’s best friend when he was growing up in karting - Kenzo Craigie - became OKJ World Champion this weekend. Kenzo is on the Mercedes Junior programme - I sold Jacob’s engines to his Dad Paul when he started out.

Kid had a natural talent when he was beating 12-13 year olds when he was 8.

He will be the next British phenomenon when he steps into cars.

Just seen Lewis mention this on Instagram! Looks like he's got a very bright future. Will keep an eye out if he ends up in British F4 on the BTCC support. 

Lewis has supported him for the last couple of years. Kenzo is too young for F4 at the moment - maybe he will do Ginetta's like Norris did which you can do from 14 and some F4 testing. He is going too fast for his age at the moment!

I have already stuck some money on him winning an F1 race before he is 20 a few years ago.... dont reckon my odds would be as good now.