Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Looks like F2 is going to see quite a change this weekend now.

Mini in @ Prema - Mansell in @ Trident for Stanek, now O'Sullivan is out @ ART for the season after a lack of funding.

I'm surprised actually that Mansell hasnt replaced Zak at ART, given thats who he raced in F3 with.

O'Sullivan is very surprising, I thought he was quite well backed. Unless he's got something for 2025 and his sponsors would rather back that? 

Tsolov the obvious move?
    Yeah I'd hope he's got the Prema seat for 2025 in F2 after racing with them in F3, he's certainly looked better than Martins in that ART seat this season, and agree with you over Tsolov being the obvious replacement for him. Just hope we don't get another Koolen type driver!!

Noticed as well that Thomas Bearman will be in the Euro 4 Championship this weekend, and so racing the likes of Freddie Slater - Tough gig for him, gets his first Single Seater race, and his Brother is stepping in F1 the same weekend.
    My son raced and battered Thomas B in karting - he is cack compared to Oliver. Not even close. Considering he had all the best engines and equipment he was right at the back of all the big races in the UK.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Looks like F2 is going to see quite a change this weekend now.

Mini in @ Prema - Mansell in @ Trident for Stanek, now O'Sullivan is out @ ART for the season after a lack of funding.

I'm surprised actually that Mansell hasnt replaced Zak at ART, given thats who he raced in F3 with.

O'Sullivan is very surprising, I thought he was quite well backed. Unless he's got something for 2025 and his sponsors would rather back that? 

Tsolov the obvious move?
    Yeah I'd hope he's got the Prema seat for 2025 in F2 after racing with them in F3, he's certainly looked better than Martins in that ART seat this season, and agree with you over Tsolov being the obvious replacement for him. Just hope we don't get another Koolen type driver!!

Noticed as well that Thomas Bearman will be in the Euro 4 Championship this weekend, and so racing the likes of Freddie Slater - Tough gig for him, gets his first Single Seater race, and his Brother is stepping in F1 the same weekend.
    My son raced and battered Thomas B in karting - he is cack compared to Oliver. Not even close. Considering he had all the best engines and equipment he was right at the back of all the big races in the UK.
    Yeah I remembered you talking about Thomas not too long ago actually... Its partly why I mentioned him, as curious to see how he does this weekend.
  • Newey to Aston confirmed as expected. 
  • Shame... Would have loved seeing him back at Williams
  • Luke Browning steps up to Formula 2 with ART
  • Lindblad will race in F2 next year with Campos Racing...

Not overly surprised really, given they're basically the F2 team for Red Bull, given that Hadjar has been racing with them this term.
  • Definitely too late, should have asked/told him before Hungary
  • If they did he'd be 10 points closer and McLaren would have the exact same amount of constructors points. Piastri would have 187 instead of 197 points but still be 4th in the driver's table, 3 ahead of Sainz
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 14
    Damn so close to Q3 again for Bearman, but out qualifies Hulk

Brilliant lap from Colapinto though
  • When was the last time Williams had 2 drivers in Q3? 
  • Talking of Williams...
  • Their best qualifying in years and they still manage to cock it up 
  • What happened to Red Bull, despite Perez doing so well round here until Q3!
  • Horrible shunt off the line in F2 , thankfully everyone is okay but the amount of stalls and cars being slow away is absolutely unacceptable. 
  • Yeah thats the crash that should see an investigation in their Engine Supplier - Should be the wake up warning for them... It wont though, because even the drivers arent allowed to criticise the series!!
  • Hamilton and Ocon starting from the pits for new power units. Norris moves further up. I hope Norris can gain some points on Max today, F1 needs close title fights
  • That's enough of that national anthem today, thank you very much!
  • Great move from Pisatri to take the lead 
  • Sponsored links:

• What a move Piastri!
  • If there’s a safety car Norris is right in this 
  • Great drive from Albon 
  • If Norris caught Verstappen I would bet my life on Max doing something cnutish - especially with the mood he is in 
  • Think Piastri is a better bet than Norris
  • Piastri is a tier 1 driver. Honestly in years to come Max will have to go some to beat Lewis’ record if the likes of Oscar, Lando, George and Charles get good cars 
  • Sainz didn't turn left at all, not sure what Perez is talking about
  • WOW... What an end to the race!!

and we get Bearman in the points, as Hulkenberg has a problem
  • Russell now 3rd and Bearman in the points 
  • That's massive for the Constructor's Championship.