Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Looks like a horrible midcorner snap there , doesn't look like anything Kimi really did wrong 
    Going to give a lot of amateur F1 journalists something to write about though unfortunately

A lot of amateur F1 journalists that don't think Ollie or Kimi belong on the grid because Prema can't wrap their heads around the new F2 car.... 
    The same journalists who thought that Bearman's achievement in the Ferrari @ Jeddah was meh because it was a Ferrari, and any one of the F2 kids could have done the same if not better.

Hmmm... Based on that crash, they might want to create another type of article out of it
  • Have to admit the amount of clickbait articles on FB and YouTube videos these days with F1 is insane and almost always completely over the top with speculation too, it can be draining sometimes
  • Have to admit the amount of clickbait articles on FB and YouTube videos these days with F1 is insane and almost always completely over the top with speculation too, it can be draining sometimes
    Only if you waste your time reading it!
    Mercedes driver SHOCK: 119 race WINNING veteran REPLACED at next race?! 

(It's about Antonelli doing FP1)
  • edited August 31
    Kimi Antonelli has been confirmed as a Mercedes driver for the 2025 season - Worst kept secret since Stroll was given another Contract extension at Aston Martin 
  • 1 year deal isn't it? Toto still wanting to lure Max for 2026... 
  • Impressive win amongst the chaos for Ollie Bearman in the F2 sprint 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Impressive win amongst the chaos for Ollie Bearman in the F2 sprint 
    Damn... I have spoiled the win for myself by clicking on the thread as was hoping you were talking about Kimi or something F1 related... My own fault lol!

Are both F3 and F2 worth watching later then, as didnt get a chance to watch either as yet today
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Impressive win amongst the chaos for Ollie Bearman in the F2 sprint 
    Damn... I have spoiled the win for myself by clicking on the thread as was hoping you were talking about Kimi or something F1 related... My own fault lol!

Are both F3 and F2 worth watching later then, as didnt get a chance to watch either as yet today

F3 I haven't seen yet , F2 was excellent. 
  • edited August 31
    Not surprised that Bearman won though, he tends to do really well round Monza - Glad for him too, after the season he's had
  • Sponsored links:

• McLaren on the front row F or tomorrow (lando pole)
  • If they finish the race tomorrow how they have qualified today then McLaren will be ahead in the constructors championship.
  • Just watched two great races in F3 and F2 that happened earlier today.

Really impressive from Bearman, I wouldnt put it past him doing really well tomorrow actually, he looked rapid for once!!

Wouldnt like to call the F3 Championship still though, just bonkers, brilliant entertainment.
  • Red Bull seem to be going backwards sine Adrian Newey departed.
  • CafcWest said:
    Red Bull seem to be going backwards sine Adrian Newey departed.

I know Red Bull have tried to play it down with " Newey just oversaw things" but I just don't buy it really. The rate of decline since Miami has been incredible. 

However I do wonder where Newey ultimately ends up - Aston still seems to be the frontrunner but I just can't shake the feeling that Lawrence Stroll is horrendous to work for even if it's a blank cheque. Williams is the romantic move but I don't know if they've got the facilities to take advantage of Neweys talents. Alpine are too dysfunctional to even consider. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    CafcWest said:

I know Red Bull have tried to play it down with " Newey just oversaw things" but I just don't buy it really. The rate of decline since Miami has been incredible. 

However I do wonder where Newey ultimately ends up - Aston still seems to be the frontrunner but I just can't shake the feeling that Lawrence Stroll is horrendous to work for even if it's a blank cheque. Williams is the romantic move but I don't know if they've got the facilities to take advantage of Neweys talents. Alpine are too dysfunctional to even consider. 
    Would love it if he goes back to Williams... Wonder if they'll tempt him with a slice of the team ownership.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    CafcWest said:

Would love it if he goes back to Williams... Wonder if they'll tempt him with a slice of the team ownership.

Williams with a strong driver lineup and all these new sponsors (I note Ferrari are parting with Santander at the end of the season - I wouldn't be surprised if they are prominent on the Williams next season) I can see being very tempting for Newey. 

I know James Vowles has come in for criticism for how he's handled the Sargeant and Mick situation publicly with some of his comments but I think he's probably just someone that's come from a very high standard of working at a dominant Mercedes and is trying to build back a great of the sport. 
  • Is Newey to Ferrari completely dead in the water? The trifecta of the prancing horse, Hamilton and Newey might be a car crash waiting to happen, or it might be pure magic
  • Are McLaren going to instigate team orders given Norris will need every bit of help if he is to push Max for the title?
  • Are McLaren going to instigate team orders given Norris will need every bit of help if he is to push Max for the title?
    They've said no but surely they have to, particularly when he's starting so far behind
  • Sponsored links:

• F3 has just produced one of the best races and title deciders I've ever seen. 
  • What a deserved send off to an amazing F3 season that was
  • Fornaroli champion without winning a single race. 
  • Then F2 delivers a last to first!?? I know the SC helped but that was remarkable. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Then F2 delivers a last to first!?? I know the SC helped but that was remarkable. 
    And hopefully Bortoleto goes on to beat Hadjar to the title.
  • I'd put Bortoleto in that second Audi seat... Dont see the point of Bottas anymore.

Feels like he's just there for the sake of it almost, same with Danny Ric and Perez.
  • Bottas off the track - great guy but you've got Hulkenberg for experience already. Give Bortoleto a shot in the second seat. 
  • McLaren had a golden chance to really get Verstappen under pressure with Norris. All this is doing is making it more likely we get another world title for the twat 
  • McLaren had a golden chance to really get Verstappen under pressure with Norris. All this is doing is making it more likely we get another world title for the twat 
    Doesn't help that Lando can't start a race to save his life
  • McLaren have a golden chance to thrust Norris bang in to WDC contention.