Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Strolls aim is to make his boy world champion - don’t think Lance is going anywhere 
    Good luck with that 
  • Strolls aim is to make his boy world champion - don’t think Lance is going anywhere 
    Well unless he plans on buying all the other teams and sending them all out on mobility scooters, that shit ain’t happening !
    Unless he's going to legally adopt Max, that's never going to happen.
  • Lawrence has got the perfect exit for Lance now with the WEC programme coming in next year , it's just if he's got the courage to realise it's never going to work out for Lance in F1 and if Aston want to be genuine frontrunners they're going to need a stronger driver pairing. Ironically Carlos would have been perfect. 
  • A friend of mine works for Aston Martin and he says Lawrence Stroll is the biggest as*hole you could ever meet, a truly horrible guy apparently.
  • I can understand the desire to see your child do well but this is Lance's 8th season in F1 now and his cumulative points total in that period is only 15 more than Max has got so far this season. Lance is mid-table and is never going to be more than that. If you want your team to do better, you need a better driver. 
  • A friend of mine works for Aston Martin and he says Lawrence Stroll is the biggest as*hole you could ever meet, a truly horrible guy apparently.

Doesn't surprise me , he always gives off really weird vibes when he's interviewed. That whole episode with the " Pink Mercedes" where he threw his toys out the pram just came across like some budget bond villain. 
  • What happens when Stroll snr realises jnr will never win the champ? You'd have to worry he'd pull funding
  • fenaddick said:
    What happens when Stroll snr realises jnr will never win the champ? You'd have to worry he'd pull funding

Would sell the team to Aramco/PIF I would guess. 
  • Jack Doohan confirmed at Alpine for 2025 
  • Sponsored links:

• Little bit surprised by that... Good for him though
  • Little bit surprised by that... Good for him though

Just really leaves Sauber/Audi now. Alonso is giving it in the press he's trying to secure that seat for Gabi Bortoleto. 
  • Yeah we know its a matter of time until Mercedes announce Antonelli, no one else is even being mentioned for that seat now.
  • Sargeant has pretty much written off that Williams. 
  • Toto on the phone to Vowles already: "Want to borrow Kimi for the rest of the season?"
  • Toto on the phone to Vowles already: "Want to borrow Kimi for the rest of the season?"

Honestly wouldn't surprise me. It's just the same mistakes all the time with Logan. 
  • Do Williams have a similar issue to Red Bull with Perez about home races. I know Saargeant isn't a big name but must be great commercially to have a US driver for those two upcoming races by which point he might as well just stay the whole season.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Toto on the phone to Vowles already: "Want to borrow Kimi for the rest of the season?"

Honestly wouldn't surprise me. It's just the same mistakes all the time with Logan. 
    Unfortunately for Logan he's been pretty solid for a good while, he's actually settled down now since a few errors at the start of the season... He then had that great boost of confidence with having to give up his car in Australia and responded to it pretty well until now, he's even kept up with Albon in most races.

BUT - This is the first race (?) since Sainz was confirmed in that seat - Worst time to do it, especially with Antonelli getting the run out at Monza next Friday.

Why not get rid of Logan now, get a bit of extra money from Mercedes to putting another rookie in the car... One who should be an actual talent too
  • edited August 24
    Also putting Antonelli in now lets Mercedes see if he's definitely up for it
  • Just seen the Sargeant crash. Really poor.
    Has to be one of the worst driver appointments ever. I don't remember ever seeing anything from him in the junior categories that merited a place in F1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Liberty pushed this through. They were / are so desperate for a US driver but he was never up to it. 

Antonelli would work for everyone. Merc have a chance to get him up to speed ahead of joining the team next year and Williams get a capable driver that will be funded from elsewhere.
  • edited August 24
    Nice that Quali is at 2pm today, rather than 3pm

F1 really does have a habit of clashing with Saturday afternoon Football these days in Europe.
  • What on earth was that new camera on the McLaren just then? Absolutely horrendous 
  • sam3110 said:
    What on earth was that new camera on the McLaren just then? Absolutely horrendous 
    Was it the one that removes the bounce from the car?

was a bit trippy swinging back and forth 
  • sam3110 said:
    What on earth was that new camera on the McLaren just then? Absolutely horrendous 
    Was it the one that removes the bounce from the car?

was a bit trippy swinging back and forth 
    Yeah, a gimbal camera. I get what they're trying to do with it but like Brundle said it's nothing like actually driving an F1 car
  • Dominant. Never thought that I'd see Verstappen beaten so far, purely on merit. Could be a good end to the season.
  • Good to see Lando win, but a pretty meh race, given the last five we've been treated to
  • Absolute dominance from Lando. We're in for a very very exciting end to the season, bring on Monza!
  • I just hope they don't look back at Hungary and realise how much Lando needed those extra half a dozen points
  • Surely the gap to Verstappen is too big anyway. Even if Lando keeps winning (which is unlikely as he's only won 2 of this years 15 races), as long as MV keeps ticking along with 2nd places that'll be enough for him won't it?