Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• edited July 28
    WTF... Russell is going to win this... HOW!!! lol!

Got to doff my cap here, what a strategy call
  • edited July 28
    That’s brilliant from Russell. His decision to go one stop and he made it work. Was willing Lewis on, but what a day for Mercedes 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Oh that was amazing... So cruel on Hamilton who was just outstanding - What a bloody amazing race that was
  • Oh wow wow this season keeps on delivering!!!!! I didn't think George had that at all when he called the one stop. What an absolutely amazing race. 
  • edited July 28
    Fair play Russell. Called the strategy beautifully. Hamilton never looked like he was catching him fast enough that the overtake would be a formality. If Hamilton wasn’t leaving next summer, I think Mercedes would’ve swapped them but they called it well to hold the 1-2 and preserve some sporting integrity as well. 

Really excellent race. Multiple teams close on lap times, strategy calls affecting the race, over takes on track without it being too easy due to overly powerful DRS, and all in the dry. One for the purists. 

Perez is a goner, surely. 
  • That was beautiful having the top three basically crossing the line at the end together - You pretty much had the top eight, almost separated by a few seconds for the majority of the race.

Ditch the 2026 regs... Seriously!!
  • Lewis didn’t even turn to George in the post race room 
  • Bit of a sore loser there from Lewis. Understand why he’d be miffed, but no need for it really. If he’s annoyed with anyone it should be the team not Russell. 

But he’s also off in the summer so if the team
    are going go favour anyone, it should be Russell. 
  • Yeah there was no way they'd have risked the one stopper for Lewis, with him leading like that - Russell as Toto said was either going to do really well, or he was simply going to fall back to P5 where he'd pretty much been.
  • Sponsored links:

• Will be interesting to see who's in the second Red Bull at Zandvoort. I don't think a last ditch FL point is going to save Perez. It's just how it all shuffles out with Lawson and Ricciardo. 
  • edited July 28
    Great race. Feel a bit for Hamilton as he was the best driver and had to pit to cover drivers of rival teams. Russell could take a punt which worked for him as he didn't have much to lose. Great drive though to be fair.

• Russell under investigation for being underweight 
  • He's getting disqualified then
  • Yeah pretty much a slam dunk.

Hate summer European races as have to watch it on a stream on my phone in a park somewhere.

From what I saw Hamilton had a great start and looked in control but Russell did a super job with his tyres. Perez what an awful race again from P2.

Don't know if it's just me but I can't take to Russell the same way as Lando and Hamilton 
  • If the car is undisputedly below weight it can only be a disqualification. The team should be on top of something like this.
  • There are a lot of suggestions, even from Horner that its partly down to him doing the one stop, so the tyres were more ruined than anyone else.

Plus the cars don't do a cooldown lap at Spa like they do elsewhere, so there was no opportunity to pick up marbles... Highly unlikely it'll be enough though.

Two races on the trot where fuel has been an issue for Russell, what with him going out in Q1 @ Hungary
  • Russell officially DSQed - Lewis inherits the win from Piastri and Leclerc. 

https://x.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1817604600720994450?t=dMqSlESw4oZzxNMZuqV1hQ&s=19
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah no surprise there... shame for Russell when it wasnt really on him - He wont be the first or the last to suffer that
  • Really enjoyed the last few races, feel for Russell, talk about the highs and the lows!
  • Yeah no surprise there... shame for Russell when it wasnt really on him - He wont be the first or the last to suffer that

Didn't Vettel lose a podium in Hungary with Aston for it? Turned out to be a fuel tank failure? 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Yeah no surprise there... shame for Russell when it wasnt really on him - He wont be the first or the last to suffer that

Didn't Vettel lose a podium in Hungary with Aston for it? Turned out to be a fuel tank failure? 
    Yup... Lewis benefited from that as well lol!
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Really enjoyed the last few races, feel for Russell, talk about the highs and the lows!
    Agreed, after last year's procession it's become very watchable again.

Only annoying thing is that everyone's taking points off everyone else so no one's eating into Verstappen's lead.
  • So tough on Russell. He called a great strategy doing the 1 stop and feels like he’s been penalised for that. 1.5kg out of 796.5kg! 😱
  • 1.5kg in a Formula 1 car is a lot, especially considering how they save mere grams by not painting some parts of the car. I wonder how they missed that
  • Fair play Russell. Called the stately strategy beautifully. Hamilton never looked like he was catching him fast enough that the overtake would be a formality. If Hamilton wasn’t leaving next summer, I think Mercedes would’ve swapped them but they called it well to hold the 1-2 and preserve some sporting integrity as well. 

Really excellent race. Multiple teams close on lap times, strategy calls affecting the race, over takes on track without it being too easy due to overly powerful DRS, and all in the dry. One for the purists. 

Perez is a goner, surely. 
    Agree with all of this. Good to see a race being closely contested with different strategies being used, while being decided without any influence from safety cars, red flags etc.
    Great decision by Russell and a deserved win. Hamilton, with an eye on next year, will be concerned that Ferrari are being outperformed by three teams. Apart from Perez of course. Perez looks awful.

Now, onto Verstappen:
    He just can’t help himself. Once again trying to flex on his radio:

”Am I ok to take them?” “Go for it Max.”
    then later:
    “Norris is pushing, should I push too?”

He talks like he’s not even trying and these other drivers are buzzing around him like irritating flies. I kind of wouldn’t mind so much if, on either occasion, he then went and blew the opposition away, but both times after telling the world he was going to start kicking arse, he did absolutely nothing. He got one lap in where he pulled away from Norris by about half a second, then Norris just reeled him back in.
    The championship is gone this year, but I truly hope we never have to put up with this insufferable prick lording it over everyone else again. Great driver, but not as great as he thinks.
    Lol what a reach